Hard core fans only: Fire Kliff or we will NOT renew season tickets!!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
To put this in perspective a bit, the first 20 years that the Cardinals were here, our record was 113 - 207 (35% winning percentage). In 2020, 2021 and 2022, we have a record of 23-22. It's a very frustrating season, but the last 2+ seasons are nothing like the old days.
I wish I had your positivity. I think the 5-13 in their last 18 tells you all you need to know about this group.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't as bad as the old days. But, it is more frustrating because the team is underperforming. The home losses really hurt enthusiasm. In the old days, we basically never won on the road. You could count on winning enough home games, about half, to screw up draft position. Home wins make it fun. Home losses suck.

On top of all of that, all the changes they have done make game day less enjoyable for me. Instead of an underdog, "we are all in this together' feel, it is has gone corporate. I used to know all the people sitting in my area. Now, I know nobody for rows around me and whoever is there is constantly changing.

I really thought about dropping my tickets for this season, but I stayed on due to the Super Bowl. Reupping next year? I doubt it. But, I have said that many times. I am close to meaning it for good.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't as bad as the old days. But, it is more frustrating because the team is underperforming. The home losses really hurt enthusiasm. In the old days, we basically never won on the road. You could count on winning enough home games, about half, to screw up draft position. Home wins make it fun. Home losses suck.

On top of all of that, all the changes they have done make game day less enjoyable for me. Instead of an underdog, "we are all in this together' feel, it is has gone corporate. I used to know all the people sitting in my area. Now, I know nobody for rows around me and whoever is there is constantly changing.

I really thought about dropping my tickets for this season, but I stayed on due to the Super Bowl. Reupping next year? I doubt it. But, I have said that many times. I am close to meaning it for good.
Exactly. At least I go into these games thinking that they have a real chance to win or even upset the other team. Bad Cards teams in the past we would be happy if we didn't lose by 2 TDs.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know I have been pondering this for two seasons now and this is 1b as to why I am likely giving up me tickets after this year.

1a is this: the stadium experience sucks and they have ruined concessions completely and don’t seem to care at all. There is no excuse for leaving the outside patios closed and never bring back the bar areas after Covid. Zero. I have to walk half way around the stadium just go outside, and wait in hour+ long lines for a mixed drink and get hassled every time I go to sit down for my tickets. They continually let Hensley, the most abusive and margin driven liquor distributor in the state, dictate what they sell with zero regard for fans. I have complained about this situation to the ticket office for two years and begged for an explanation why there is STILL no open patio behind 101/102 - even without a bar, and they just don’t care.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PhillyCard! Always a pleasure to hear from you—really appreciate the kind thoughts. One of the few times I’ve deliberately avoided being snarky or aiming for a laugh because reading of MadJack’s frustration was too sobering. He’s represented so many of us for so long with his always excellent banners, so it hit hard when he posted. I know the NFL is a billion-dollar enterprise, etc., but alienating diehard fans like him is reprehensible.
Indeed. He does yeoman's work representing us and it's appreciated.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My economic situation prohibits my spending as much as some of you but I know that if I had the means I would be and then some. I had season tickets for me and 2 of my boys back in the SDS days, North end zone upper bleacher seats, and it was some kind of fun. Not because of the great football, because they were pathetic then too but because I was with my boys.
All of that being said, I think if I WAS a season ticket holder I would have cancelled them before this season also and FOR SURE once this sorry season was over.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade my SDS days for anything. It was really a special time. Saw tons of Cards games there and even though we were on the losing end on most the Wins and close games were some of the best times.
Sun Devil Stadium. My first road Cardinals game. What a memory. Win against the Bears. I'll never forget it, and what it was like being with other Cardinal fans. Amazing.....

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade my SDS days for anything. It was really a special time. Saw tons of Cards games there and even though we were on the losing end on most the Wins and close games were some of the best times.
Those were the days...I was an ASU student, and if you hung around outside, you could get incredible seats for $20. I still remember looking around at one game, and fistfights all around me, even in the expensive seats.

Definitely not a kid friendly venue!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those were the days...I was an ASU student, and if you hung around outside, you could get incredible seats for $20. I still remember looking around at one game, and fistfights all around me, even in the expensive seats.

I would guess that was the Pittsburgh Steelers game in Jake's rookie season. We lost in OT. The fights were crazy. Never seen anything like it before or since.

It's the only time I felt unsafe for myself and my wife at a sporting event. And, I am a pretty big guy. But seeing someone's face smash into one of those metal benches and the blood start to pour. It makes you think. Thought seriously about leaving, but didn't.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I would guess that was the Pittsburgh Steelers game in Jake's rookie season. We lost in OT. The fights were crazy. Never seen anything like it before or since.
Ha, I think it was the Saints, but there were plenty of suspects. I was more surprised that the fights were going on in the lower deck near the 50 yard line. I guess the moral was keep your head on a swivel anywhere in the stadium.

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m really impressed here with the profound and thoughtful responses this thread has produced. Flattered even.

So, since posting this thread a week ago I’ve shared with others my second thoughts on renewing season tickets. It’s pretty sad actually.

Most can’t believe that ‘MadJack the Banner Guy’ would even consider such a drastic change of heart and are quite dismayed. Dare I say, depressed.

This 30-year journey has been such a large part of my life (and identity) that it’s killing me to consider moving on. It’s not official of course as we will see how things play out.

My loyal loving wife of 32 years has always been supportive and made many sacrifices while at the same time has reveled in my notoriety during the (few) winning years. But now that we’re retired I owe it to her and myself to at least not make vacation plans around home games ya know?

Life’s too short my brothers and sisters…

MadJack.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Just shuffling chairs around on the Titanic if they fire Kliff. The real problem is the GM and owner. I have zero confidence either will make a good decision.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
By the way, I was just perusing the always excellent Pro Football Reference site. Our D currently ranks 31st. However, unlike our O that bunch seems to play hard. They’re lousy, but at least they’re trying. I suppose this is similar to why it’s more difficult now to be a Cards fan than it was back in the 80s and 90s: we knew we were annual bottom feeders, so (at least for me) any win (or close win) was a delightful surprise. Now that the bar has been raised (to mediocre), watching this disorganized, petulant bunch (in particular, I’m referring to our O here) is extremely off-putting and demoralizing. I actively dislike them and no longer enjoy watching the games.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

There was an epic girl fight at a Raiders game. When security finally got there and broke it up the entire section gave the battling ladies a standing ovation. LOL

OP
OP
MadJack

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
There was an epic girl fight at a Raiders game. When security finally got there and broke it up the entire section gave the battling ladies a standing ovation. LOL
Y’all remember the metal troughs in the SDS men’s restrooms right? Well, one time a Cowboys fan was mouthing off and got dumped into the trough. Classic!!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Y’all remember the metal troughs in the SDS men’s restrooms right? Well, one time a Cowboys fan was mouthing off and got dumped into the trough. Classic!!
Isn’t that where those hated Cowpies fans deserve to be? Lol. Luv it!

I’ll still never forget Tillman flipping off their fans as he came out of the tunnel & not even thinking twice about doing it :). He may have possibly hated them more than this Texan lol

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media