Harbaugh expected to take Michigan

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought Oakland was still in the mix?
I just want Brooks, Roman, and Harbaugh to go already, yeesh.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope he does. He's a superb football coach and I'd be glad when he's no longer in our division. It will make me even happier if SF makes a terrible hire to replace him.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hope he does. He's a superb football coach and I'd be glad when he's no longer in our division. It will make me even happier if SF makes a terrible hire to replace him.

I bet they ask the Cards permission to interview Bowles

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Marcellus Wiley out here in LA said ten days ago, on air, that two reliable sources told him JH had already signed the contract.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I bet they ask the Cards permission to interview Bowles

That's my fear, but do you really think he'd go to a division rival? That's the ultimate disrespect to BA, not sure he would.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Marcellus Wiley out here in LA said ten days ago, on air, that two reliable sources told him JH had already signed the contract.
Well, that's completely false unless Harbaugh signed without his agent knowing anything about it.

I know someone VERY close to Harbaugh's agent, David Dunn. Michigan is definitely in play but Harbaugh is going to see what offer(s) he receives from the Raiders, or any other NFL team.

The caveat in the whole situation is the Niners. They may not let Harbaugh go to Oakland because they don't want him leading a resurgent Raider team, and all the media hype that goes with it, especially when they are in the same media market.

Harbaugh's first choice is likely Oakland with Michigan the fallback option.

The thing I don't understand is, if SF refuses to release him to another NFL team, thus trying to force him to college and Michigan, why couldn't Harbaugh just threaten to honor his contract and say he'll work next season in SF? Every party involved does not want that to happen. He could essentially force the Niners hand.

In other words, there are a lot of moving parts here. If I was betting, I'd still bet that he ends up in Oakland though.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If his wife has any say (ala Whisenhunt), he will remain in the Bay area and not move the family to Michigan.

Just saying.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Marcellus's words from 12/18:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 209

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Marcellus's words from 12/18:
I wasn't questioning you, but Marcellus was given bad info.

Another thing to look at is, why are the Michigan people flying out to meet with Harbaugh this weekend if they already have a signed deal?

I do know the first overture from Michigan was rejected then they came back again with this 48/mill offer. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up at Michigan I just don't think he will. I hope he does. The Big 10 needs to get better and the Niners need to get worse.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter
Makes Sunday w/Cards interesting RT @Johnubacon: I just got off phone with sources tonight. It's done. Jim Harbaugh is coming to Michigan

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The question now becomes--does the team go all out for him against us, or quit with nothing left to play for?

TJ

Reaction score
48 million sounds like a good job do you think Todd Graham would take that money

That's roughly 2.5x his annual salary. What do you think?

It's a moot point, however, because Harbaugh is on his way to Ann Arbor (as I predicted in September).

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
That's roughly 2.5x his annual salary. What do you think?

It's a moot point, however, because Harbaugh is on his way to Ann Arbor (as I predicted in September).
I'll believe it when it's official. When is the last time a successful HC in the NFL took a step back and went to college?

I looked at that John guys twitter. He said there is no signed deal and that he's basing it on what Harbaugh's friends are saying. It very well may be him going to Michigan but it just seems out of character for him.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
49ers right tackle Anthony Davis:

Bam Davis
‏@AnthonyDavis76
I just looked Harbaugh in his eyes and thanked him for leading us to some of the best times of our lives. Give Respect when it's Due.

Bam Davis
‏@AnthonyDavis76
It's only right. I wish him the best on his next Coaching Job. If you google it you'll see where that will be...

TJ

Reaction score
I'll believe it when it's official. When is the last time a successful HC in the NFL took a step back and went to college?

I looked at that John guys twitter. He said there is no signed deal and that he's basing it on what Harbaugh's friends are saying. It very well may be him going to Michigan but it just seems out of character for him.

Barring a setback, he's Michigan bound.

Don't worry, CBUS, your Buckeyes will be fine as Michigan will suck for another year or two.

Last edited:

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Dave Feldman
‏@FeldyCSN
Confirmed: Harbaugh to Michigan! Press Conference Tues in Ann Arbor

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Wasn't this guy the QB at Michigan when ASU won the Rose Bowl with the great Jeff Van Raaphorst at QB?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Marcellus Wiley had it right...

BTW, I Forgot to mention how he went on to talk about how deals get done before they are supposed to get done.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN · 5m 5 minutes ago
#49ers and Jim Harbaugh are believed to have reached an agreement in which he is let out of his contract. He’s expected to coach tomorrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn