Happy New league year 21-22 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steelers really drafted a RB in round 1 then released their best OL months later, lol.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I posted this on Twitter yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals do this for use with their Color Rush uniforms:

You must be registered for see images attach
Looks cool to me, although I like the Black color schemes anyway so....maybe I'm biased haha

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris Ballard: Colts would rather build roster patiently than pay B players A+ money

Colts General Manager Chris Ballard says the path to success in building an NFL roster is through patience, not a free agent spending spree.

Ballard said on The Athletic Football Show with Robert Mays that he would rather save cap space for the future than overpay a player just because he happens to be the best available at a given position in a given year.

“We’ve got good players out of free agency, and we’ve been successful,” Ballard said, via Jonathan X. Simmons of the Indianapolis Star.

"We’re just not the biggest fans of right out the gate free agency where you’re paying B players A-plus money, which is gonna affect down the line. . . . There’s a cost to that.”

Ballard would rather have cap space available to sign players he drafted to second contracts.

“Our players know we want to keep them,” Ballard said. “We’ve done a pretty good job so far of keeping the players we wanted to keep in-house. We feel like we have a really good . . . I know culture gets thrown around, but we do. I think we have a really good culture. It’s one of accountability. One where they care about each other, and one where they want to win and do special things.”

Looking ahead to the 2022 season, the Colts are slated to have the most cap space in the NFL. So Ballard will have plenty he can spend next year. But that doesn’t mean he will.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

N’Keal Harry, New England Patriots 2019 first-round pick, in danger of being cut

When the New England Patriots drafted N’Keal Harry with the No. 32 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, they hoped they found a special wide receiver to support Tom Brady. Three years later, there is a chance neither is on the roster to begin the 2021 NFL season.

Harry’s first season in New England started poorly. He suffered an ankle injury in training camp which sidelined him until the end of November. He finally made his debut and hauled in his first career touchdown from Brady on Nov. 24, but it proved to be one of his lone bright spots in a rough first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose