Happy Birthday, Michael Bidwill - check out the Twitter responses

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mikes record since he became owner is by far the most winning period in Cardinals history. Since he took over in 2007 the team is 125-126-2. That's the 16th best record in that period. We have achieved mediocrity which is a big step up from the previous 85 years. I don't question that he wants to win.

Imagine being a Jags fan who are 82-171 since 2007.

I do however think he only wants to win within a certain set of paremeters that include him being able to be involved in day to day football operations. And that requires a friendly GM that will put up with it so why not his good buddy Steve?

Mike wants to win but only on his terms. We would win more if he hired a better GM and he kept his nose out of football affairs. We will always be limited by his need to be overly involved.

It's part of what's so infuriating about this franchise because you can argue this point both ways. On one hand there is no doubting that Mike has been the best principle owner the Cards have ever had and on the other there's no doubt he's limiting how successful we can be.

Ultimately I think he's more of a hinderance now than not. Being better than all time dog crap is not good enough if he's limiting us to being mediocre.
Agree 100% with this. In some respects, Michael watched how his father was an absolute horror of an owner, and tried to be different In “some” areas. Bill had ABSOLUTELY no right being an NFL owner, but the standards to get in the door were much lower back then, so he got his foot in the door. Not only was he a cheapskate , but he was downright nasty in the manner in which he treated some coaches & players. And he couldn’t handle criticism at all. So, whereas, Bill had zero tolerance for spending money, Michael will spend at times. Bill had his cronies, that’s for sure, but as soon as criticism of him hit his desk, he threw everyone else under the bus to deflect it away from him. Michael was never truly taught how to run a successful organization, and he’s still searching. He trusts the people around him too much, and he’s too involved in the day to day (unfortunately he did learn that from Pops). In its current setup, I doubt very seriously if Michael can ever build a consistent winning franchise. Not sure he’s willing to do what it will take, because what it might take is him being absent far more than being present.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree 100% with this. In some respects, Michael watched how his father was an absolute horror of an owner, and tried to be different In “some” areas. Bill had ABSOLUTELY no right being an NFL owner, but the standards to get in the door were much lower back then, so he got his foot in the door. Not only was he a cheapskate , but he was downright nasty in the manner in which he treated some coaches & players. And he couldn’t handle criticism at all. So, whereas, Bill had zero tolerance for spending money, Michael will spend at times. Bill had his cronies, that’s for sure, but as soon as criticism of him hit his desk, he threw everyone else under the bus to deflect it away from him. Michael was never truly taught how to run a successful organization, and he’s still searching. He trusts the people around him too much, and he’s too involved in the day to day (unfortunately he did learn that from Pops). In its current setup, I doubt very seriously if Michael can ever build a consistent winning franchise. Not sure he’s willing to do what it will take, because what it might take is him being absent far more than being present.
“Foot in the door?” Didn’t Bill inherit the cards from his father, Charles?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The era of Michael and Steve at the helm is an absolutely great one...my audience. If you know what I know, you would not want it any other way.

- Keim Bois

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What has any of this got to do with Kyler being bad?

Kyler being bad is not an argument that everything else is perfect. No team is perfect. There are other problems for sure. But you can say that for plenty of winning teams. The Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, Bengals, Titans, Giants, Commanders, Chiefs, 49ers and Seahawks all have issues.

At the same time, if Kyler isn't complete ass this year and can read a defense, go through progressions and throw beyond 10 yards them we are 7-5 for sure. Despite all the other issues. And then nobody is talking about those issues.

With just average QB play we would have won the first Rams game, the Eagles game and the first Seahawks game and were 7-4.

If Kliff wasn't such a bonehead chicken **** then we win the Chargers too and are 8-4.

We have other problems, but the main reason we are 4-8 is sucky QB play.

Kyler is worse in almost every stat than he was as a rookie, a year we were 5-10-1. So why is anyone surprised our record will be similar? The only stats he is better are 3 yards per game more passing, slightly better comp % and a lower interception ratio.

TD ration, YPA, ANY/A, YPC, Passer rating, QBR are a
While true. Kirk Cousins is having just as down of a year and the Vikings are 10-2. Only thing Kyler playing better would do is have us feel like Chargers fans. "Hey at least we got the QB right even if we arent good." Id rather feel that way at least, but unfortunately we cant with Kylers play this year.

Still this roster has poor foundational pieces.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that Mike wants to win

but that isnt enough.

by background: i used work on turn-arounds of failing businesses. By the time i walked in, the failure was unmistakable to that business.

Yet, in 100% of the cases -- the people in charge were convinced that their strategies were mostly correct but just needed fine tuning or they just had some bad luck, etc.

They wanted to succeed, but also didnt think they needed to change much --even in the face of circumstances telling them they really needed to change things. I fear that is where Mike B is
Ding.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While true. Kirk Cousins is having just as down of a year and the Vikings are 10-2. Only thing Kyler playing better would do is have us feel like Chargers fans. "Hey at least we got the QB right even if we arent good." Id rather feel that way at least, but unfortunately we cant with Kylers play this year.

Still this roster has poor foundational pieces.

Cousins isn't playing his best ball, but he's playing it when it's needed. He had 6 game winning drives and 6 4th quarter come backs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that Mike wants to win

but that isnt enough.

by background: i used work on turn-arounds of failing businesses. By the time i walked in, the failure was unmistakable to that business.

Yet, in 100% of the cases -- the people in charge were convinced that their strategies were mostly correct but just needed fine tuning or they just had some bad luck, etc.

They wanted to succeed, but also didnt think they needed to change much --even in the face of circumstances telling them they really needed to change things. I fear that is where Mike B is

Great post. It's like Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares or similar programs. All those people thought they were doing the right thing when you can tell right away they are a **** show.

I would say though that Mike isn't failing like those people. He's mediocre. He's taken us from a bottom 5 franchise to a league average franchise in 15 years. But mediocre is probably his ceiling.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cousins isn't playing his best ball, but he's playing it when it's needed. He had 6 game winning drives and 6 4th quarter come backs.
I mean Cousins has had an elite wr all season. Kylers QBR with Hopkins would have him just outside the top 10. And not good that he's bad without a #1 Wr. Even with Hopkins its still not good enough for the money he's paid. However again that Vikings roster is talented. Some of that is the team helping Cousins close those deals despite his struggles.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean Cousins has had an elite wr all season. Kylers QBR with Hopkins would have him just outside the top 10. And not good that he's bad without a #1 Wr. Even with Hopkins its still not good enough for the money he's paid. However again that Vikings roster is talented. Some of that is the team helping Cousins close those deals despite his struggles.

It's no more or less talented.

The receiving units overall are failrly similar. Jefferson is the best for sure, but overall pretty even. O lines when healthy are pretty even, in fact Kirk COusins has a far higher pressure rate than Kyler. Minny's defense is 21st vs DVOA and has given up 400 yards of offense in 5 straight games.

The main difference between the two teams is Dalvin Cook and the Vikings run game. Ours sucks.

But talent wise both rosters are very similar outside of RB in my opinion.

The main difference is their HC is better and their QB hasn't really sucked.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's no more or less talented.

The receiving units overall are failrly similar. Jefferson is the best for sure, but overall pretty even. O lines when healthy are pretty even, in fact Kirk COusins has a far higher pressure rate than Kyler. Minny's defense is 21st vs DVOA and has given up 400 yards of offense in 5 straight games.

The main difference between the two teams is Dalvin Cook and the Vikings run game. Ours sucks.

But talent wise both rosters are very similar outside of RB in my opinion.

The main difference is their HC is better and their QB hasn't really sucked.
But the Oline hasnt been healthy.

But our Wrs have been in and out of the lineup.

And Cousins still hasnt been that much better than Kyler and they are 10-3.

This isnt a Kyler boost. This is a Vikings have put a winner on the field.