Hacking Democracy

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

OFFICIAL | AMAZON | IMDB | WIKIPEDIA | YOUTUBE (1 of 9)

The disturbingly shocking HBO documentary HACKING DEMOCRACY bravely tangles with our nation's ills at the heart of democracy. The film the Diebold corporation doesn't want you to see, this revelatory profile follows a tenacious grandmother from Seattle, Bev Harris, and her band of extraordinary citizen-activists as they set out to ask one simple question: How does America count its votes? From Florida and California to Ohio and Washington State, filmmakers Simon Ardizzone, Robert Cohens, and Russell Michaels starkly reveal a rotten system riddled with inaccuracy, incompetent election officials, and electronic voting machines that can be programmed to steal elections. Equipped only with a powerful sense of righteous outrage, the activists take on voting machine manufacturer Diebold, exposing unsettling security holes in the company's equipment. They even go dumpster diving at a county election official's office in Florida, uncovering incendiary evidence of miscounted votes.

HACKING DEMOCRACY takes a nonpartisan, clear-eyed look at the secrecy, cronyism, and incompetence of elections in present-day America as it captures a citizen's movement intent on taking back elections--and democracy itself. "It is hard to imagine...a documentary this season that is more important to the civic life of the nation--let alone one that is so compelling and ultimately moving" (Baltimore Sun).

Ugh. This movie was fantastic but makes me sick how Bush could have stolen both elections. Please watch this movie.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oh brother...here we go again. Bush stole the elections, blah blah blah. You know, I can't stand the guy either. Never voted for him and I'm glad he'll be out of office. I even registered independent because of him. Still, the conspiracy theories are to tired. If it was such a certainty that he 'stole' the elections, he damn well wouldn't be president any more. Sadly for conspiracy theorists, it's all speculation and conspiracy. Remember, Bush isn't the first president that lost the popular election but won the presidency, nor will he be the last.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh brother...here we go again. Bush stole the elections, blah blah blah. You know, I can't stand the guy either. Never voted for him and I'm glad he'll be out of office. I even registered independent because of him. Still, the conspiracy theories are to tired. If it was such a certainty that he 'stole' the elections, he damn well wouldn't be president any more. Sadly for conspiracy theorists, it's all speculation and conspiracy. Remember, Bush isn't the first president that lost the popular election but won the presidency, nor will he be the last.

I knew when I added that line of commentary that it would taint this thread.

This movie definitely isnt a "Loose Change" type tinfoil hat job.

And also I said "Bush could have stolen both elections", I dont know if he did or didnt, but the facts and supporting documentation in this film show that a winner of an election COULD do it.

Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would suggest that you watch the film before you offer that kind of analysis. It's science, not fantasy.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's pointless to debate those old elections. I am surprised this doesn't concern you about future elections.

Stout

Reaction score
I would suggest that you watch the film before you offer that kind of analysis. It's science, not fantasy.

It's quite simple. Bush lost the general election v Gore, but won the electoral college. The system down in Florida was crap, no doubt about it, but it would take a conspiracy beyond Bush's power to actually 'steal' the election.

I'm not interested in propoganda movies. You can SAY it's science, but at best it's educated speculation.

And yes, I'm concerned that Florida should fix its election system. It should comfort the conspirationalists that Jeb is no longer in office. And I do hope McCain wins...he's who I wanted way back when.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in propoganda movies. You can SAY it's science, but at best it's educated speculation.

Actually, no, it's a proven fact that Diebold's systems have a majority security hole in them and Diebold refuses to fix because the admission might cost them either contracts or refunds to the gov'ts that contracted with them.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, no, it's a proven fact that Diebold's systems have a majority security hole in them and Diebold refuses to fix because the admission might cost them either contracts or refunds to the gov'ts that contracted with them.

No to mention that many members of Diebold's officers were big Republican contributors.

Stout

Reaction score
Okay, suit yourselves. Bush stole the election and is an evil despot. Whatev.

Like I said, I don't like the guy, didn't vote for him and all, but I also don't think his people hacked a company to steal the delegates. I don't wear foil hats, thanks.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Like I said, I don't like the guy, didn't vote for him and all, but I also don't think his people hacked a company to steal the delegates. I don't wear foil hats, thanks.

I have no opinion whether or not Bush stole an election. Don't know enough about *that* issue to have an opinion. I'm not making conspiracy theory accusations.

I'm simply asking why you aren't upset with Diebold.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cut the crap, Stout. Who got elected in 2004 is a closed discussion and your bringing it up is a red herring. The subject is about Diebold machines and tomorrow's elections. The film is about much more than Florida and/or Bush.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ugh. This movie was fantastic but makes me sick how Bush could have stolen both elections. Please watch this movie.

And the reall funny thing is that people think this all started with Bush.

Rigging elections is nothing new. There is a arse-load of stuff that we think we have control over and don't.

That is why the 2nd amendment is soooooo important. It is the only real power the masses in this country have.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I've finished watching this in it's entirety. It's rather non-partisan in it's representation. It does have a portion where it covers the Bush/Kerry campaign.

It does demonstrate that there are serious exploitable security flaws in the majority of vote tabulation systems across the country.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard