Guess that movie quote

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be an easy one. One of my favorite movies.

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

Okay, I wasn't going to say anything and give someone else a turn but it's been quiet for awhile so.... Say Anything.... The quote is from a dinner scene with Cusack channeling his Grosse Pointe Blank future self. It's his response to Frasier's dad asking him what he's going to be when he grows up. And his response is Kickboxer because that's the sport of the future!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that I've answered correctly and here's my quote, should be pretty familiar to somebody here:

"I wonder if I'll be held responsible for this"

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
No freeking idea. Just posting that to help my post count. I thought I could get some right on this thread but so far I feel like a 64 year old that has never watched a movie.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Nobody? It's not a summer blockbuster or an Oscar nominee by any means but it's a very popular "cult" movie. I'm quite sure that several people here have seen it. I'll add another quote from the same movie later tonight if no one comes up with it by then.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you mentioned 'cult', I'll pass the time by telling a lame joke.

An American new to Scotland asks a Scotsman if he knows what a cult is? The Scotsman replies ln his thick brogue, a' couarrrse I do laddie , it's a drrress worn by men playin the pipes!, mon....

Guess you had to be there, I laughed and laughed...... :thud:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Seriously? Nobody? It's not a summer blockbuster or an Oscar nominee by any means but it's a very popular "cult" movie. I'm quite sure that several people here have seen it. I'll add another quote from the same movie later tonight if no one comes up with it by then.
Drawing a blank.

EDIT: Just googled it and unfortunately it's one of the few movies I haven't seen from that era.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie almost always shows up in the "favorite bad movies", "guilty pleasures" etc. kind of threads. Anyway, as promised (or threatened), here's another quote from this great comedy:

"What's with you? Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from the Karate Kid. What's with you today?"

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that I've answered correctly and here's my quote, should be pretty familiar to somebody here:

"I wonder if I'll be held responsible for this"

This movie almost always shows up in the "favorite bad movies", "guilty pleasures" etc. kind of threads. Anyway, as promised (or threatened), here's another quote from this great comedy:

"What's with you? Yesterday you were normal and today you're like the Chinese guy from the Karate Kid. What's with you today?"

Wow. I havent seen that movies since the 90s! Good flick!

I had to google. The only line I remember from that movie has to do with hallucinating.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so it looks like the fans of Empire Records are all in hiding. So, we'll move on to another movie. Here's the quote:

"I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna finish him like a cheesecake!"

Errntknght

Reaction score
No freeking idea. Just posting that to help my post count. I thought I could get some right on this thread but so far I feel like a 64 year old that has never watched a movie.

I'm in the same boat except I had no expectations because I never remember quotes from movies. For a while I knew a quote from... jeez, now I've forgotten the movie, too. Clark Gable was the actor who said it. I'll bet you guys will be to guess the movie and the quote with that hint information...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Okay, so it looks like the fans of Empire Records are all in hiding. So, we'll move on to another movie. Here's the quote:

"I'm gonna kill him! I'm gonna finish him like a cheesecake!"
My wife helped me with this one, and that's the story I'm sticking with...

Pitch Perfect

Although I'm a little embarrassed for you for picking this one. You are a grown MAN after all...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
"The marijuana goes in the top drawer. The cocaine and speed go in the second drawer. And the heroin goes in the bottom drawer. Always separate the drugs."

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"The marijuana goes in the top drawer. The cocaine and speed go in the second drawer. And the heroin goes in the bottom drawer. Always separate the drugs."
I'll guess blow but I'm pretty sure that's wrong

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Edit: Lol.

So. Wrong.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife helped me with this one, and that's the story I'm sticking with...

Pitch Perfect

Although I'm a little embarrassed for you for picking this one. You are a grown MAN after all...

I'm not just a grown man, I'm an old man. And I'm not at all embarrassed to admit I've watched this movie more than any other in my life. We watch a lot of movies and we re-watch our favorites often.

When I was 11 years old I went to a theater in Mesa and watched Cat Ballou more than a dozen times. Two years earlier I saw It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World in the Kachina theater in Scottsdale more than 15 times one summer. Through the years I've watched The Godfather, Godfather 2 and Casablanca at least 30 times but until Pitch Perfect I've never watched a movie every day in a row for more than a month.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll guess blow but I'm pretty sure that's wrong

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Edit: Lol.

So. Wrong.

I didn't know it either but I was certainly leaning in the wrong direction. I started to google it but before I did I read it aloud to my wife and she instantly recognized it. She watched it many times with our son during a stretch in the mid to late 80's where I worked absurd hours. I did finally see this movie along with a couple of their other favorites (Ghostbusters & the Burbs) but by then, none of them matched up to the expectations I had going in.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn't know it either but I was certainly leaning in the wrong direction. I started to google it but before I did I read it aloud to my wife and she instantly recognized it. She watched it many times with our son during a stretch in the mid to late 80's where I worked absurd hours. I did finally see this movie along with a couple of their other favorites (Ghostbusters & the Burbs) but by then, none of them matched up to the expectations I had going in.
Well it is kind of a trick question...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Saw this in the theaters and about a bazillion more times since then. One of my favorites. The Goonies !!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. How about this one:

"You look like Marvin Hagler. I lost money on Hagler !!"

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Jim Belushi in Red Heat! Reminds me of this one:

"Hey, you and Tommy Lasorda... I hate Tommy Lasorda!"

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim Belushi in Red Heat! Reminds me of this one:

"Hey, you and Tommy Lasorda... I hate Tommy Lasorda!"

I wouldn't have a clue if I weren't guilty of having had my TV on whatever channel it was that kept playing Fletch a few weeks ago.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort