Gronkowski Pro Day Workout Results

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nothing I have said is any more ignorant than the people claiming he WONT be dominant and shouldn't be drafted based on an unconfirmed, and quite frankly unfounded medical condition that he might have. The guy was a beast before he went down, and if he is healthy as he claims he is and his re cent workout suggest, he will be dominant again.

I completely agree. You don't have enough information to state that he is fine and will have a great career, nor does anyone else have access to information that he is broken down and has no future. To state otherwise is pretty silly. Responding to "what ifs" is fine, but making absolute statements regarding his health status is nothing but ignorance.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
... and I'll trip you on your way... ;)

Tough choice...a first round talent but with a major injury concern. If he were like McNeil and hadn't missed any time it would be less of a factor, but missing an entire season and having part of his spine removed is a pretty big red flag. I'd want to do a pretty thorough examination before I'd commit a 3rd.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch him. Didn't Rosenhuas say Mcgahee would be ready for game 1 and didn't play all year? The NFL isn't going to listen to DR. They have the medibal reports and will make their own decision. I like DR's quote "every team i talked to". He may have talked to 1 team.

You might be right, back issues are something not to be taken lightly when your a professional athlete. All we have do to is look at how it affected Hayes last season & he didn't miss a whole season because of the injury. Caution!!!

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
:shrug:

sure.

Not sure why you're so up in arms.

Well, you come out with a worthless statement like ''way to go out on a limb there'' and i gave you a worthless random prediction that would be more to your expert liking.

He won't go before the 3rd.

It all depends on the health of his back. If there is no problem with his back i can easily see a team like the Bengals who really want a dominant tight end take him in the second. Because of the severe doubt over his back he might be available in the third. Again it all hangs on how confident teams are that his back will stand upto the rigours of the NFL.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you come out with a worthless statement like ''way to go out on a limb there''
Worthless is "he won't go undrafted." Of course he won't. We're throwing out statements like "he won't go before the third" and even that isn't a lock.

The guy is going to get drafted. Unless he's in a wheelchair between now and the draft, it's like saying "The sun is going to rise in the east tomorrow morning."

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Worthless is "he won't go undrafted." Of course he won't. We're throwing out statements like "he won't go before the third" and even that isn't a lock.

The guy is going to get drafted. Unless he's in a wheelchair between now and the draft, it's like saying "The sun is going to rise in the east tomorrow morning."

:lies:

Monty

Reaction score

Who is we? cardsfanmd made that prediction and so far all you have had to add to the conversation is the most pointless post in the thread to the tune of ''Way to go out on a limb'' and that is why it is worthless. I outlined that because of his talent teams would be willing to overlook a dubious back and take a risk on him SOMEWHERE in the draft and therefore he wont go undrafted. Seems logical maybe but it is whole lot more valuable addition to the thread then just adding a nonsensical statement like ''way to go out on a limb''.

Monty

Reaction score
Dude, your statement was silly. I called you on it. That's all.

Run out of meaningful replies so you come out with another worthless one-liner? If you havent got anything useful to add to the conversation the best thing is to keep quiet but you seem to have hard to time comprehending such common sense.

BTW how can my statement have been silly if you are in agreement with it. It might've been logical and common knowledge but your vocabulary fails you again if you deem it was silly whilst agreeing with it at the same time.

Last edited:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Run out of meaningful replies so you come out with another worthless one-liner? If you havent got anything useful to add to the conversation the best thing is to keep quiet but you seem to have hard to time comprehending such common sense.

BTW how can my statement have been silly if you are in agreement with it. It might've been logical and common knowledge but your vocabulary fails you again if you deem it was silly whilst agreeing with it at the same time.

Yet somehow this back-and-forth argument you keep instigating contributes to the conversation? Take your own advice and let's just move on...

Anyways, Drew Rosenhaus is a pretty funny dude. Making statements like Gronk will be drafted in the mid-first round seem like a stretch at best. I don't think I have heard anyone mention that Gronk will be the first TE off the board (though that doesn't necessarily mean anything).

Which brings me to my next point. It was mentioned in the Cards Underground podcast that the Cardinals would be running far less 3-4 WR sets and far more 2 TE 2 WR sets. If this is the case, it would seem like our need for a receiving TE would increase. I know Whis likes a traditional blocking TE type, but I wonder if there will be more of a demand for a receiving TE in the first couple rounds than we think.

Monty

Reaction score
Yet somehow this back-and-forth argument you keep instigating contributes to the conversation? Take your own advice and let's just move on...

Anyways, Drew Rosenhaus is a pretty funny dude. Making statements like Gronk will be drafted in the mid-first round seem like a stretch at best. I don't think I have heard anyone mention that Gronk will be the first TE off the board (though that doesn't necessarily mean anything).

Which brings me to my next point. It was mentioned in the Cards Underground podcast that the Cardinals would be running far less 3-4 WR sets and far more 2 TE 2 WR sets. If this is the case, it would seem like our need for a receiving TE would increase. I know Whis likes a traditional blocking TE type, but I wonder if there will be more of a demand for a receiving TE in the first couple rounds than we think.

Perhaps i took it a bit too far by letting this hijack the thread which is not fair to the other people on this forum, though i do think it was completely unfair to suggest im instigating it when all i've done is defend my viewpoint. For the good of the forum ill drop it and get the topic back to the subject i.e. Gronkowski.

I actually think that Rosenhaus is going over the top by even suggesting that Gronkowski might go by the mid first round picks though i can see his logic in as far as the Bengals needing a TE and Gronkowski fitting their need to an extent. However i do not think that Gronkowski will be the first TE to go in this draft as i think both Jermaine Gresham and Aaron Hernandez are both likely to go ahead of him.

We may have a slightly inflated need for receiving TE as suggested by the latest Cards Underground, but because the TE position is often not considered to be premium position in the NFL i do doubt it really increases the demand for a TE (whether blocking or receiving) increases to more then usual. I expect a couple to be picked in the first three rounds and most likely by teams that have multiple picks in a round as they can afford to supplement their need picks with value picks for a TE. I see perhaps only the Ravens taking a TE in the first round with them needing to give Flacco a few more options to throw at and only having an injury prone Boldin as a top receiver.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Im enjoying the back and forth and agree with monty, if the cardinals take him in the third it would be horrific seeing as TE prob isnt on the top 5 list of needs, id rather take a QB in the 3rd than a TE filled with question marks

Monty

Reaction score
Im enjoying the back and forth and agree with monty, if the cardinals take him in the third it would be horrific seeing as TE prob isnt on the top 5 list of needs, id rather take a QB in the 3rd than a TE filled with question marks

Im glad to oblige:D.

I actually wouldnt if we took a Jimmy Graham or Dorin Dickerson in the fourth if they were available but yeah TE is not one of our top 5 needs. Id list our top five needs as follows.

1. ILB
2. NT
3. CB
4. OLB
5. OT
6. WR (if he can do PR/KR it would be an added bonus but catching is priority)
7. TE

TBH the order after number 3 is up for debate though.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I think we have a very solid one in Patrick, but we actually have to utilize him 1st.

Monty

Reaction score
I just want to say I think there is no way Colt McCoy goes undrafted ;)

I can see this comment is no way complimentary about me (quite possibly it is the contrary) but i couldnt agree with you more :D.

See i can take criticism well :bang:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Perhaps i took it a bit too far by letting this hijack the thread which is not fair to the other people on this forum, though i do think it was completely unfair to suggest im instigating it when all i've done is defend my viewpoint. For the good of the forum ill drop it and get the topic back to the subject i.e. Gronkowski.

I actually think that Rosenhaus is going over the top by even suggesting that Gronkowski might go by the mid first round picks though i can see his logic in as far as the Bengals needing a TE and Gronkowski fitting their need to an extent. However i do not think that Gronkowski will be the first TE to go in this draft as i think both Jermaine Gresham and Aaron Hernandez are both likely to go ahead of him.

We may have a slightly inflated need for receiving TE as suggested by the latest Cards Underground, but because the TE position is often not considered to be premium position in the NFL i do doubt it really increases the demand for a TE (whether blocking or receiving) increases to more then usual. I expect a couple to be picked in the first three rounds and most likely by teams that have multiple picks in a round as they can afford to supplement their need picks with value picks for a TE. I see perhaps only the Ravens taking a TE in the first round with them needing to give Flacco a few more options to throw at and only having an injury prone Boldin as a top receiver.

Probably true. I apologize.

Anyways, I think it would help Leinart a lot to have a TE who can stretch the seam and be another threat on the field. I wonder if the Cards have any plans for seeing Byrd play a bigger role this year.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think we have a very solid one in Patrick, but we actually have to utilize him 1st.

That may very well be true. Patrick has shown flashes, but probably hasn't been a big enough part of the offense to properly evaluate his value as a receiver. I think he is well above average.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Probably true. I apologize.

Anyways, I think it would help Leinart a lot to have a TE who can stretch the seam and be another threat on the field. I wonder if the Cards have any plans for seeing Byrd play a bigger role this year.

If they wanted that you would have seen them bring Ben Watson in for a visit by not doing that they pretty much showed they are happy where they stand at the position the only offensive positions that should be drafted by the cards are QB and OL

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they wanted that you would have seen them bring Ben Watson in for a visit by not doing that they pretty much showed they are happy where they stand at the position the only offensive positions that should be drafted by the cards are QB and OL

Not necessarily. Ben Watson was pretty sought after and not cheap. I would say we are more along the lines of happy with what we have if we can't get something of value instead.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Im glad to oblige:D.

I actually wouldnt if we took a Jimmy Graham or Dorin Dickerson in the fourth if they were available but yeah TE is not one of our top 5 needs.

I read some where that Jimmy Graham is moving way up the draft boards,probably at the expense of Gronk, and may be taken at the bottom of round 1. Of course, if every player i have heard may go round 1 does, the round would be about 65 picks long. BTW, i would hate for him to be our pick at 26.

Monty

Reaction score
I read some where that Jimmy Graham is moving way up the draft boards,probably at the expense of Gronk, and may be taken at the bottom of round 1. Of course, if every player i have heard may go round 1 does, the round would be about 65 picks long. BTW, i would hate for him to be our pick at 26.

Rest assured we are not picking a TE at #26. If the guys we want at #26 are not there we probably trade back into the second round to pick up and extra third or 4th.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort