Griner currently in a Russian jail

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am just worried she will end up serving at least a decade in a Russian prison.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This argument is so stupid about the pay inequity of NBA vs WNBA players.

First of all, the NBA plays what, 82 games? The WNBA plays only 32. Last year, the WNBA FINALS had 417,000 viewers for the final game of the series while the NBA had 12.5 million. And according to this article (https://www.wsn.com/nba/nba-vs-wnba/) a few years back, the revenue was $7.4 Billion vs $60 million. Lol.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This argument is so stupid about the pay inequity of NBA vs WNBA players.

First of all, the NBA plays what, 82 games? The WNBA plays only 32. Last year, the WNBA FINALS had 417,000 viewers for the final game of the series while the NBA had 12.5 million. And according to this article (https://www.wsn.com/nba/nba-vs-wnba/) a few years back, the revenue was $7.4 Billion vs $60 million. Lol.
I get it. We are the best and should be paying the best. Instead of going to what is now basically a lesser country that pays way more. I get the inequity of pay with men, but also, our country paying less than Russia? Really? That sucks.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get it. We are the best and should be paying the best. Instead of going to what is now basically a lesser country that pays way more. I get the inequity of pay with men, but also, our country paying less than Russia? Really? That sucks.

Russia also provides free lodging apparently.

:shrug:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score

It's fantasy sports for oligarchs

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the State Department will more actively pursue the release of Britney Griner.

From Arizona Sports via AP:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration has determined that WNBA star Brittney Griner is being wrongfully detained in Russia, meaning the United States will more aggressively work to secure her release even as the legal case against her plays out, two U.S. officials said Tuesday.

------------------------------------------

Now, though, U.S. officials have shifted supervision of her case to a State Department office focused on negotiating for the release of hostages and other Americans deemed wrongfully detained.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I can understand that, but, I would think the State Department would have to have some kind of proof of that. Maybe they do? I guess we will soon find out, one way, or another.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I can understand that, but, I would think the State Department would have to have some kind of proof of that. Maybe they do? I guess we will soon find out, one way, or another.
It is interesting that they are now making that statement. So something had to have happened

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Maybe Griner saying she didn't have cannabis laced stuff. Or maybe a third party vouching there was no cannabis at all?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has been some talk about a prisoner swap that could free Britney Griner. I hope something like this happens.

I don't know about all the pros and cons but I'd like to see Britney return home as soon as possible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson