Grimm Hired by Cardinals as Asst HC/ OL Coach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was debunked in a Kent Sommers article.

Even if it did happen, I wouldn't blame the Cardinals for passing on Sherman for $4 million a year. Thats no a "Bidwill being cheap" thing, that would be "Sherman is a complete moron" type of thing

I didn't like Sherman so I am biased. I didn't think the guy was worth the 2.5 million the Whiz got. IMO they would have hired him had his asking price been the same as the Whiz. Not that anybody in the organization would ever admit that.

By the way it's amazing how much ego some of these guys have. Sherman reportedly wanted to much and Chow came in here acting like he was gods gift to coaching. If those reports were correct, these guys have no concept of job interviewing. Those tactics wouldn't work in the real world that's for sure. If they did I would be getting a fatter paycheck that's for sure. :D

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
If I was going to be in anyone's "camp", it would be Steeldog's.
I go further by being completely jaded by the whole January analisies and September catastrophies.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like Sherman so I am biased. I didn't think the guy was worth the 2.5 million the Whiz got.

Nobody has reported that Whiz is getting 2.5 million. Nowhere. No numbers have been disclosed. In the reference to him having the same deal as Denny, that was only in regard to the years (four year deal, team option on fifth). I have seen no link that has ANY figures in it.

Now, he may be getting 2.5. Or maybe 2. Or maybe 3. But nobody has reported on contract dollars, only length and the team option to have a fifth year.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone on the get rid of Pendy wagon? Last year he was some kind of super coach bringing the teams overall defensive rating to 8th in the league. Whne the offense finnaly started clicking with Matt and the offense held the ball so the defense wasn't playing 35-40 minutes they got better.

The facts don't really support this claim. If my calculations are correct, from the first four games (with Warner at QB) to the last 12 (with Leinart), the Cardinals' time of possession actually decreased from 30:24 to 29:25. There were only two games when the defense was on the field more than 35 minutes, and those were with Leinart at QB (@ Oakland & Minnesota). With Warner at QB, the defense allowed 24 points and 376 yards per game (which over 16 games would've been dead last in the league), while with Leinart at QB the defense allowed 24.4 points and improved slightly to 341 yards per game (which would've ranked 25th). (I didn't subtract out points allowed by the offense and special teams.)

If you re-do the analysis using the first 9 games (including the 8-game losing streak) vs. the last 7 games (4-3 record), the Cardinals' time of possession did increase slightly from 29:19 to 30:07, but there wasn't much change in the performance of the defense - 24.7 points and 354 yards per game in the first half (29th), vs. 23.7 points and 344 yards per game in the second half (27th).

Over the three years of the Green - Pendergast regime, the Cardinals' time of posession was 30:53, 31:20, and 29:59. So whether you like Pendergast or not, being left on the field too long is hardly an excuse for poor performance by the defense in any season or any part of this season.

Just keepin' it real....

...dave

Nick C

Amazing
Reaction score
Personally, I applaud the Cards for the way they have spent the cap.

There is always a couple of players in FA that I would love to have but I would rather have the core of this team signed through their prime.

Since Snyder took over the Redskins, they have always been looking to sign the next big FA instead of building within. Snyder hasn't brought home any trophies and it seems like they are always rebuilding.

I really hope the Cards can turn it around next year. They are going to be a really good team for years to come if they can consistantly play together, be disciplined and execute.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Nobody has reported that Whiz is getting 2.5 million. Nowhere. No numbers have been disclosed. In the reference to him having the same deal as Denny, that was only in regard to the years (four year deal, team option on fifth). I have seen no link that has ANY figures in it.

Now, he may be getting 2.5. Or maybe 2. Or maybe 3. But nobody has reported on contract dollars, only length and the team option to have a fifth year.
That is correct. There have been no numbers on Whiz....but last night on Fox 10 Jude LaCava said the Cardinals paid Grimm 800K a year for his salary so I think those thinking he was getting 2 mil were way off base.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like Sherman so I am biased. I didn't think the guy was worth the 2.5 million the Whiz got. IMO they would have hired him had his asking price been the same as the Whiz. Not that anybody in the organization would ever admit that.

Then it isn't evidence of cheap, just being intelligent

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That is correct. There have been no numbers on Whiz....but last night on Fox 10 Jude LaCava said the Cardinals paid Grimm 800K a year for his salary so I think those thinking he was getting 2 mil were way off base.

that is pretty good for an offensive line coach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not ture. Was reported on ESPN NFL TONIGHT that the contract would be worth around 2.5 million per year. Also, was reported on radio as well. Are they accurate? Nobody knows but in the past they have been pretty accurate.

Then it isn't evidence of cheap, just being intelligent

Nah. Just a cheap move that made them look intelligent.

Last edited:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not ture. Was reported on ESPN NFL tonight that the contract would be worth around 2.5 million per year. Also, was reported on radio as well. Are they accurate? Nobody knows but in the past they have been pretty accurate.

Nah. Just a cheap move that made them look intelligent.

Time of post = 11:02AM

Either SD's clairvoyant or he has a time machine.:D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can't win with you can they

Unfortunately for the Bidwills nidan, many people will never cut them slack until the football team is actually successful.