Grill Pan

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry; I don't even know what you're talking about--but it sounds cool.

Don't put it in the dishwasher :) Don't use dish soap, period.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever use or own a cast iron two burner grill pan?

Just ordered one from Macy's and it looks kick butt on tv but for $30 I couldn't pass up a potential bargain.

Any suggestions for caretaking?

I think I know what you are talking about, I wonder if it is something you have to "season". Akin to something you to do a cast iron stove. Lemme know how it works.

OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Used it for the first time last night.

It comes seasoned and yet the instructions say to season first. Which is fine because it's basically applying oil and wiping it down. And you are supposed to do this before and after each use. Another caretaking instruction is to preheat the oven to 300 and put the just cleaned cast iron grill or skillet into it and turn it off so that the residual heat completely dries it.

I cooked t-bones on it last night and I was impressed. We bought t-bones from a meat locker and they were about an inch thick so bully for me.

The steaks didn't stick to the raised grills and the pan was deep enough that the fat from the meat dripped off and the meat didn't cook in it. The food certainly tasted as if it was grilled.

My next attempt with it is to make some green chile by grilling the poblanos, anaheims, garlic, and onions on this grill to see if I can get an effective char.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used it for the first time last night.

It comes seasoned and yet the instructions say to season first. Which is fine because it's basically applying oil and wiping it down. And you are supposed to do this before and after each use. Another caretaking instruction is to preheat the oven to 300 and put the just cleaned cast iron grill or skillet into it and turn it off so that the residual heat completely dries it.

I cooked t-bones on it last night and I was impressed. We bought t-bones from a meat locker and they were about an inch thick so bully for me.

The steaks didn't stick to the raised grills and the pan was deep enough that the fat from the meat dripped off and the meat didn't cook in it. The food certainly tasted as if it was grilled.

My next attempt with it is to make some green chile by grilling the poblanos, anaheims, garlic, and onions on this grill to see if I can get an effective char.
Cool. Can't you just put the stuff under the broiler?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a two-burner thingy, but I do have a cast iron skillet with raised lines to simulate a grill. I've used it for a few things and like it ok. I forget why I originally bought it...I hardly ever use it. But my regular cast iron pan is used a few times a week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard