Great Article: Tyrann Mathieu And Economy of Motion

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Afternoon Read: Tyrann Mathieu and Economy of Motion

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/11/12/nfl-closeup-safety-tyrann-mathieu-and-economy-of-motion/

Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu is playing his tail off and the biggest reason this rookie has made the jump from LSU to the NFL with a year away from football in between is his mental command of the game. Mathieu is an incisive player and it’s easy to see this quality on the field. Here are two plays against the Texans – notably Andre Johnson and Ben Tate – where Mathieu demonstrates multiple skills with no wasted motion.

Matt Waldman's one of my favorite "public scouts."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the kid is an absolute born football player.

if Cooper ends up just being decent, between him, Honey and Ellington, this draft is a freaking bonanza. gives me a lot of hope for the future.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
the kid is an absolute born football player.

if Cooper ends up just being decent, between him, Honey and Ellington, this draft is a freaking bonanza. gives me a lot of hope for the future.

And if BA would wake up and bench Mendy so we could see more of Taylor, we might be able to add Stepfan to that list as well... :D

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see Badger get the DROY honors, and he could be close, but I think if things stay where they are it's going to end up going, deservedly, to Kiko Alonso.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great article and thanks for the link Brighteyes. Good to see you checking back in with us once in awhile.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Great find Brighteyes. Mathieu is truly remarkable. He plays like a pro-bowler, yet is just a rookie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard