Grant Hill going to the Clippers

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They amnestied Gomes and will likely sign him with the money that they freed up doing that
The Clippers were already about $10 over salary cap after signing Crawford and re-signing Billups, so amnestying Gomes doesn't create any additional room. I think they already used the mid-level to sign Crawford, so Hill could only get the biannual $1.9M with or without Gomes.

Not sure what the talks between the Suns and Clippers were, but it appears the Clippers weren't willing to part with a draft pick to get Hill a little more money.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
The Clippers were already about $10 over salary cap after signing Crawford and re-signing Billups, so amnestying Gomes doesn't create any additional room. I think they already used the mid-level to sign Crawford, so Hill could only get the biannual $1.9M with or without Gomes.

Not sure what the talks between the Suns and Clippers were, but it appears the Clippers weren't willing to part with a draft pick to get Hill a little more money.

I think the Clippers are hoping to use Foye or Kenyon Martin in a sign and trade to get another big in return. That way, they can absorb the contract without hitting the luxury tax.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Not me. Do you really want to see the Clippers win an NBA title before us? They're the worst franchise in NBA history, and arguably in all of sports. They do not deserve a title, and especially not before we get one.

They're not winning a title any time soon. Nothing to worry about.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard