Grant Hill going to the Clippers

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
crazy times, but we need to move on. i'll miss his vaccination commercials.

you know the one suns commercial i miss is the one with the ex suns dancer jaclyn.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your contributions to the Suns Grant Hill. You are pure class. I wish the best for you with the Clippers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good for him. i'll enjoy watching Grant chase a ring with a good group of guys.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a bit surprising. I expected him to join Nash in LA, but not on different teams. I don't know if Clippers offered more money or if the Lakers just weren't interested after just picking up Jamison. They probably didn't have more than the veteran's minimum to offer while the Clippers still had more.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So much for Hill's run of good health. Expecting any player with an injury to stay lucky with the Clippers, of all teams, is lunacy.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I read on another board that this might be a sign and trade, but no link. Anyone know anything about that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read on another board that this might be a sign and trade, but no link. Anyone know anything about that?

Not really. Just John Gambadoro tweeting.

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620

Clippers have biannual of 1.9 mill to pay Grant but would have to do a sign & trade if they want to pay more, they have a 2.7 mill exception

http://twitter.com/gambo620

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
This is a bit surprising. I expected him to join Nash in LA, but not on different teams. I don't know if Clippers offered more money or if the Lakers just weren't interested after just picking up Jamison. They probably didn't have more than the veteran's minimum to offer while the Clippers still had more.

Bi-Annual ($1.9) vs $1.3 Vet minimum. Man, the Bench is stacked! :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just want to confirm, the Clippers trading us a TE means nothing because we're under the cap, right? Do we have a cap hold on Grant that would be removed as well?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Potentially big addition, they need leadership and wing defense, but he looked done last year before he hurt his knee.

Either way, I'll miss him... and glad he didnt join the Lakers.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Potentially big addition, they need leadership and wing defense, but he looked done last year before he hurt his knee.

Either way, I'll miss him... and glad he didnt join the Lakers.

haters gonna hate...

Blake Griffin.

Or are you referring to talent and not personality?

haha, im with you on this one

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about him joining the Clippers. If he had gone to the Lakers, it would be easier to watch Nash winning. Two good guys on the Lakers instead of Nash by himself.

On the other hand, I'm glad not to see him in purple and yellow and hope for the Clippers upsetting their big city rivals. If the Suns get a pick out of this, it would be a bonus.

In the five seasons Hill has been a Sun, he has easily become one of my three favourite Suns players of all time. Good luck to him!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure why we would take Gomes back in a s&t. Why not just give the money to Hill. Gomes is a lesser player. There must be picks coming back, and if we are taking Gomes back it better be a first.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Good luck Grant! Thanks for all the good times. I'll have fond memories of you and Steve running the floor in Suns uniforms.

If the Suns should miss the playoffs this year -- pretty likely without #13 and gaping holes almost on every position -- I have more teams to root for when the playoffs comes around. Steve on the Lakers and Grant on the Clippers. Off course, cheering for Lakers is like vomiting a little in the mouth, having guys like Kobe and Bynum, and the same goes for that redhead on the Clippers, but you've got to take the good with the bad.

GO SUNS!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why we would take Gomes back in a s&t. Why not just give the money to Hill. Gomes is a lesser player. There must be picks coming back, and if we are taking Gomes back it better be a first.

there's no way they clips are sending picks back with Gomes and they sure as hell aren't sending a first. why would they do that when they can just sign grant ourtight?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blake Griffin.

Or are you referring to talent and not personality?

last time i checked, Griffin has never been in trouble with the law, his teammates loves him as does the city. the idea that he's not a "good guy" in this league doesn't make sense to me.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
last time i checked, Griffin has never been in trouble with the law, his teammates loves him as does the city. the idea that he's not a "good guy" in this league doesn't make sense to me.

that's relative to the LA area(the criminal stuff - who cares lol). you're missing the point