Granger?

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He is going to OKC, SA, Miami, or some other contender.

EDIT:
I am 100% in favor of Phoenix going after Granger, but I don't think it will happen.

Last edited:

t0rchy

Reaction score
I think he will be accept any short term offer by the Heat to have revenge and a ring.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think you guys should go after Jimmer Fredette. Jeff Hornacek working with him to create Jeff Hornacek II. Late scoring 3 point threat off the bench.

I would love to see what Hornacek coudl do with him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think he will be accept any short term offer by the Heat to have revenge and a ring.

This is what I heard. He's pissed at Indiana for trading him. Most logical landing spot is Miami.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Folks need to remember "Bright Side of the Sun" is a fan blog, not a news source.

Personally, I think you guys should go after Jimmer Fredette. Jeff Hornacek working with him to create Jeff Hornacek II. Late scoring 3 point threat off the bench.

I'd love for the Suns to get Fredette, but I don't think his ceiling is as high as being Hornacek-like. He's much smaller than Jeff and a much more incomplete player. Jeff was an All Star, I doubt Jimmer ever accomplishes that.

However, Jimmer could grow into an Eddie House type role. You put him in, let him shoot some 3's, if he's on, keep him in. With the Suns 2 PGs it might seem weird to add another, but I think he could find minutes, especially playing alongside Bledsoe who can guard the teams better guard.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was so much hype around Fredette few years ago and now he's about to get waived. At the time, a lot of people questioned whether he even belongs in the NBA. It's certainly starting to look like he doesn't. Of course same was said about Marshall.

I doubt the Suns will show any interest. Minutes would be hard to come by and the Suns would have to waive someone. With Bledsoe coming back, there isn't any room for another guard.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jimmer's still an amazing shooter. He just can't do much of anything else at the moment.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fredette is shooting nearly 50% from 3 and they cant find a use for him? Idiots. Not saying he is a star and I dont even think he is a starting caliber player, but a dude who shoots like that off the bench could absolutely swing a playoff game or two for one of the contenders.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was so much hype around Fredette few years ago and now he's about to get waived. At the time, a lot of people questioned whether he even belongs in the NBA. It's certainly starting to look like he doesn't. Of course same was said about Marshall.

I doubt the Suns will show any interest. Minutes would be hard to come by and the Suns would have to waive someone. With Bledsoe coming back, there isn't any room for another guard.

Fredette would be an improvement over Barbosa and Christmas.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd rather sign Butler than Granger.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns missed improving their frontline at the trading deadline so why not improve their back court with a 25 year old guard without a clear position. He reminds me somewhat of Eddie House. I think he would thrive in the Suns running game and may find a role. IMO, I think he still has upside.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I haven't checked on Jimmer stats since very early in the season - and I have to say they are looking up. .475 FG% and .493 on 3's. FT% up a bit to .895, assists up and rebounds up, too. TO's up but his assist to TO ratio is slightly up. As Phrazbit noted Sac is not making good use of him but if they do waive him he should find a place to land with numbers like that. I pooh-poohed the idea of getting him as way to increase the team's fan appeal earlier on, but as a designated gunner I like him - especially now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather sign Butler than Granger.

I don't believe the Suns can sign Butler this season. Since the NBA added that "No Reacquiring" rule a few years back it has to be 1 full season for a player to come back to a team that he was on. The trade machine at espn.com has it listed that he can't come back to Phoenix until July 1st 2014.

You must be registered for see images attach

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't believe the Suns can sign Butler this season. Since the NBA added that "No Reacquiring" rule a few years back it has to be 1 full season for a player to come back to a team that he was on. The trade machine at espn.com has it listed that he can't come back to Phoenix until July 1st 2014.

You must be registered for see images attach

Is that just through trades or is signing as a FA also included?

Errntknght

Reaction score
I don't think you can re-acquire a player you traded in any manner. Even if the other team waives him. In fact, I think the reacquisition rule was put in to stop the practice of reacquisition after being waived as that was a way to get around the equal value trade clause.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I did not see this one coming.

Jimmer Fredette told the Bulls he will sign with them if he clears waivers, a source with knowledge of the situation tells USA Today’s Sam Amick.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/02/jimmer-fredette-bulls.html