Grand Theft Auto IV

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been reading a lot about the game lately, sounds fantastic. I may finally turn off gamefly. Having Rockband and GTA4 will be extremely time consuming. gamestop called me to say i could pick it up monday at midnight but i gotta work tuesday, oh well

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recall having eight missions to go, but I went back and finished them.

I'll have to dig out my checklist.
I could never get past the one where you drive over to someone's house to shoot them. It was early on in the game right after you drive to the park to shoot someone.

My wife decided the game was "not right" and banned me from playing it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could never get past the one where you drive over to someone's house to shoot them. It was early on in the game right after you drive to the park to shoot someone.

My wife decided the game was "not right" and banned me from playing it.

wow, crack the whip.

Its a f'n game. No different than a movie about the same plot.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave away my Playstation 2 so I wouldn't be able to play it if I wanted to. Plus, I would be watching the movie either.

So there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave away my Playstation 2 so I wouldn't be able to play it if I wanted to. Plus, I would be watching the movie either.

So there.

And why did you give away your PS2? Because you had nothing fun to plan on it anymore after she laid the smack down. Poor Mulli. :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And why did you give away your PS2? Because you had nothing fun to plan on it anymore after she laid the smack down. Poor Mulli. :)
I got rid of it when we moved to Chicago. Gave it to a guy who turned out to be an undeserving jerkface.

Could use it now on my new tv when it is too cold to go outside. Might save for a an xbox.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I dont remember there being any missions in any of the games that included "cold-blooded" killings. In each game and on each mission, it seemed there was always a good reason why somebody gots to die.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I dont remember there being any missions in any of the games that included "cold-blooded" killings. In each game and on each mission, it seemed there was always a good reason why somebody gots to die.

lol.....

Street justice. The world could use more of it, don't you agree Mulli? :)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Has this game been online before?

I remember playing GTA on my PS2, and from that game I don't know how it would transfer into online game play.

Is it similar to COD4 with a bunch of guys squaring off? Are their missions?

Better yet, should I spend part of my upcoming travel stipend on this game and just eat cheap food for 4 days?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has this game been online before?

No, about the online

Better yet, should I spend part of my upcoming travel stipend on this game and just eat cheap food for 4 days?
You should sign up for the offers for the website I suggested to a couple of others. My first game costs me $1.95 and a little bit of time.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it similar to COD4 with a bunch of guys squaring off? Are their missions?

Here is the skinny from wikipedia;

Multiplayer
GTA IV will be the first game in the GTA series to include online multiplayer on a console[54] with goals of supporting up to 16 players and has been confirmed that multiplayer will be open-ended gameplay that allows players to explore the whole city.[55].Later revealed in an issue of PSM, GTA IV will have 15 modes of play and support up to 16 players,[56] with the player using a customisable character to play as, with a choice of gender, race and clothing. The modes of play include several varieties of deathmatch and racing, with a cooperative single player mission and free mode. Other multiplayer modes include Mafia, in which players try to complete an objective before their opponents, and Cops 'N' Crooks, in which one team of police officers must stop the other team of criminals from escaping. The map used in multiplayer will be the same as the single player map and the host of the games can control many variables like traffic, police reaction and laps in races. Rockstar has left one game type unknown and not explained some.

During a hands on preview with major review sites several new details were revealed. Gameplay in multiplayer is identical to the single player; players will be free to roam the map during multiplayer games, although weapons and spawn points will only appear within a pre-defined area. The host of the game has a great degree of control over the game and can specify where, when, and what weapons may be used, police presence and more. Voice chat is supported and the player may chat with individual players by calling them on the mobile phone.[57][58]

The online games are split into two types, ranked and unranked. The reward for the ranked gameplay will be cash. The amount of cash a player has will determine their rank.[59]

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, I will just roll to Best Buy or the Wal-Mart by my house and pick it up. The production number is sick, so there wont be shortages.

Some estimates are that it will outsell Halo 3 and top $400M opening week.

or you can just pay the $1.95 Linder paid to get it for me. :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if GTA4 does not top Halo 3, something is very wrong.

I pre ordered, I can pick it up monday at midnight but ill have it tuesday on the way home.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks abomb.

Sounds great.

2 of my 3 biggest games as a child are a reality...

Army guys - COD4

Cops and Robbers - GTA4

Just need cowboys and indians.

Ever tried "GUN"? Fantastic game, you are a cowboy, shoot lots of indians.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever tried "GUN"? Fantastic game, you are a cowboy, shoot lots of indians.

I have never heard GUN and fantastic game in the same sentence.

It does meet his criteria though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort