Grade the draft 3 years later- 2019 Arizona Cardinals

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teryl Austin worked here for three seasons as a DBs coach. He later was DC for three teams in the NFL.
James Bettcher rose to DC
Mike Caldwell was an ILBs coach here and is now the Jags DC
Byron Leftwich started out as an intern here

Blaming the coaching or the fit is fine for the player, but it's the role of the GM to find players that his coaching staff can use. If it happens over and over with your top prospects, it's probably a problem with your evaluation process.

Too soon to tell with Rondale Moore or Zaven Collins, TBH. It seems like Keim makes the same mistakes again and again with toolsy prospects who don't have a real position in the NFL. Reddick, Bucannon, and Simmons are all essentially efforts to chase the ghost of Daryl Washington.

I think when your mid-round picks consistently fail to earn second contracts, it's an indication that you're doing a bad job evaluating your talent either at the top of the funnel as prospects or at the bottom of the funnel when you decide you can upgrade them with older and more expensive free agents.
Probably a little off topic, but with the removal of QB, I can’t even say our talent on paper is better than Seattle’s, tbh.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Probably a little off topic, but with the removal of QB, I can’t even say our talent on paper is better than Seattle’s, tbh.
That's a pretty dark timeline you're living in. The good news is that the strength of an offense is almost entirely dependent on the production of the QB.

Seattle's defense was in the bottom-third of the league by DVOA last season. It was top 10 against the run; maybe you can build on that against the rest of the division.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teryl Austin worked here for three seasons as a DBs coach. He later was DC for three teams in the NFL.
James Bettcher rose to DC
Mike Caldwell was an ILBs coach here and is now the Jags DC
Byron Leftwich started out as an intern here

Blaming the coaching or the fit is fine for the player, but it's the role of the GM to find players that his coaching staff can use. If it happens over and over with your top prospects, it's probably a problem with your evaluation process.

Too soon to tell with Rondale Moore or Zaven Collins, TBH. It seems like Keim makes the same mistakes again and again with toolsy prospects who don't have a real position in the NFL. Reddick, Bucannon, and Simmons are all essentially efforts to chase the ghost of Daryl Washington.

I think when your mid-round picks consistently fail to earn second contracts, it's an indication that you're doing a bad job evaluating your talent either at the top of the funnel as prospects or at the bottom of the funnel when you decide you can upgrade them with older and more expensive free agents.

Honestly think it might even be worse than "toolsy prospects". He seems to heavily weight character, as if he's choosing guys to date his daughter. Rather than guys that are good at football.

I think everyone we just drafted is a "character" guy. All did well in school, team captains, interview well, work hard etc. Same with last years draft.

And this has a place, but give me a Micah Parsons over any of those guys. He puts far too much weight on the off field stuff.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Honestly think it might even be worse than "toolsy prospects". He seems to heavily weight character, as if he's choosing guys to date his daughter. Rather than guys that are good at football.

I think everyone we just drafted is a "character" guy. All did well in school, team captains, interview well, work hard etc. Same with last years draft.

And this has a place, but give me a Micah Parsons over any of those guys. He puts far too much weight on the off field stuff.

I dunno. Every team likes to draft captains and leaders, etc. I mean, Zaven Collins had the coveted-even-if-you-never-heard-of-it-before Alpha Designation and STILL immediately got arrested and spent a morning in the pokey.

Everyone says their guys work hard until they're up for an extension. It's always funny when Keim says "we've never missed on the skillset, we've only missed on the person." Okay, bro.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I dunno. Every team likes to draft captains and leaders, etc. I mean, Zaven Collins had the coveted-even-if-you-never-heard-of-it-before Alpha Designation and STILL immediately got arrested and spent a morning in the pokey.

Everyone says their guys work hard until they're up for an extension. It's always funny when Keim says "we've never missed on the skillset, we've only missed on the person." Okay, bro.
I mean, most of the time he isn't completely wrong, though I'd raise him Deone Bucannon, who was a good character guy, but didn't really have the skill set for what they were looking for.

I think the ghost of Nkemdiche weighs on his mind quite a bit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose