Got One Right

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Obviously I like this pick! Should exactly the RB the Cards needed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like he runs a bit high, but he has short strides which is actually at times good for a RB because of balance.

They said he can really catch the ball, looks intriguing.

Given Harry's track record I'm expecting a good player

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His pass catching skills are phenomenal. Can't wait to see him in action.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like he runs a bit high, but he has short strides which is actually at times good for a RB because of balance.

They said he can really catch the ball, looks intriguing.

Given Harry's track record I'm expecting a good player

First scouting report I read "he is a long strider".

I guess the tape they showed on ESPN was misleading, looked to have a really short stride in that tape?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good to hear Harry, well sorta, because getting one right means you don't like the first two picks.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
AP was always a question as and "upright runner"...trusting BASK

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who cares how he runs as long as it is for positive yards and without fumbling...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, SKuBA go holy diving and come up with a real treasure!!!

I like this pick more than the first two.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Funny but this pick is the one I am most iffy about. Johnson is a tippy toe upright runner who does not lower his pad level upon contact---he's easy to trip up---he's not a power runner inside the tackles. Good receiver, though. I think Marion Grice and Kerwynn Williams will beat him out.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Funny but this pick is the one I am most iffy about. Johnson is a tippy toe upright runner who does not lower his pad level upon contact---he's easy to trip up---he's not a power runner inside the tackles. Good receiver, though. I think Marion Grice and Kerwynn Williams will beat him out.

I agree 200%... At first when I saw his size I fell in love with him then I saw him run in his film n I put an x through his name... He may be an excellent receiving rb but I don't want a pass catching rb when we have one already.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
His upside at RB is unusually high, as he's played often as a wideout or slot guy. With a good running coach he could be awesome. He's an exceptional athlete. As to the other picks, DJ is risky, but may be okay. I think Golden is a huge gamble and a reach.

Mitch

Reaction score
His upside at RB is unusually high, as he's played often as a wideout or slot guy. With a good running coach he could be awesome. He's an exceptional athlete. As to the other picks, DJ is risky, but may be okay. I think Golden is a huge gamble and a reach.

I agree that Johnson is an excellent athlete and could be a real factor as a receiver---I know BA loves to shift his RBs into the slot---heck, he even threw to Marion Grice in the slot on a key 3rd down---if Johnson doesn't show toughness between the tackles maybe BA converts him to WR.

What I love about the Humphries and Golden picks is that they are both tough alpha type players who play a good, physical style of football. Humphries has excellent feet and flexibility. Golden---who looks like a clone of the veteran (LaMarr Woodley) whom he will be groomed by----plays his ever-livin' butt off every snap---and he is an excellent tackler---something James Bettcher is going to have to stress after the late meltdown in tackling last season.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Sounds like we drafted Ellington all over lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And that would be a bad thing??????????

My point was everyone wanted or thought we would add a punishing style RB who could get the tough yards when needed, which to this point Dre hasn't shown. My comments were based on the analysis of the poster I replied to.

Don't get me wrong fish I like the addition of Johnson I wanted him or Coleman badly once I realized we weren't getting Gurley b

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No chance he gets beat by them. If really like to see Williams make the team though.

Mitch

Reaction score
No chance he gets beat by them. If really like to see Williams make the team though.

What I meant was RBs we need to call on when we have to run between the tackles against loaded boxes. I should have made that clearer.