Goodbye Fitz

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it looks to me like Fitz has lost the last step he could afford to lose

I love Fitz -- but i think he is done.

I also think he makes the Cards easier to defend as a D never has to worry about Fitz taking something deep on them regardless of who is covering him
Which is why he can’t be on the team next year. It would be okay if we had speedsters like Tyreek Hill & Sammy Watkins out there, but we don’t.

Love Fitz, but it’s time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listen if Jerry Freaking Rice could end his career with another team so can Fitz if he wants to keep playing.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Fitz returns for the 2021 season for two reasons- if the Cardinals have a good off-season they will definitely be in the Super Bowl talk as the NFC is wide open. Fitz wants that ring! And I think Fitz would like to go out in a season that has fans, etc and not end it in the madness of a covid season!

ok with Larry coming back but only around $5m tops. It’s time Larry takes a team friendly deal and it’s time Bidwill offers one. Legacy aside this is a business first, and neither one of them owes anything to the other

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ok with Larry coming back but only around $5m tops. It’s time Larry takes a team friendly deal and it’s time Bidwill offers one. Legacy aside this is a business first, and neither one of them owes anything to the other

FITZ has been on team-friendly one-year deals since 2016.

Doubt, if he decides to come back, that Mike and Fitz will have any problem coming to an agreement that reflects the times.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FITZ has been on team-friendly one-year deals since 2016.

Doubt, if he decides to come back, that Mike and Fitz will have any problem coming to an agreement that reflects the times.

Team friendly? How bout overpaid. You need to separate your feelings. I get it but he’s done.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
i would love to see Fitz finish breaking all the records before he retires. I think even Fitz has to realize that he will have to take a pay cut. 5 or 6 million I think would be a fair deal for both sides

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he's gone too. As bad as we the fans want to hold on to him, it's time. What hurts is that he could have been so much more productive then what he was this season. He was open time after time if you look at the film. If nothing else, then to move the chains. Something he's been stellar at the last few seasons. KK did him no favors. God bless you #11 if this is it!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Larry comes back. So much money is wasted on players that are constantly injured. His having a minority stake in the Phoenix Suns gives me hope he will want to stay in the Phoenix area.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
while true, it doesnt make it right. Bidwill has been overpaying Fitz

I understood years ago Larry and the organization had an agreement on the 11 million yearly contract. He would continue to earn 11 mil (his jersey #) per year until he decides to retire. Notice you never here about a contract negotiation only whether fitz is retiring.

The fans view is production versus cost. Sure it impacts the cap but there is a cost of marketing product.

I hear people talk about reducing this figure but it will not be the threat of releasing him. Besides 11 million is symbolic?

Fitz will not play for another organization.

From an organization standpoint good investment regardless of what fans think...

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IMO we should be offering Fitz a 5 year deal unlike any we've seen before.

We want him to be part of the organization. Player, Coach, FO, whatever he wants. He should get offered a small percentage of the team. If he plays, have him take Vet min, but increase the percentage of the team.