Good win over St. Johns

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
The team looked like they really grew up a lot tonight. Solid win. Turner played really well after his poor start this season.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They sure did grow up. This team is young and they will get better, especially being in games like this. Coming back against St. John's at Madison Square Garden can only give the guys confidence.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
And great fan support. Effectively playing a road game and hearing chants of "U of A" was awesome.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I didn't think they could stay that hot from 3 all day against that zone, but they did! What was it? 14-29? 48%? If they can shoot like that all year they will be unstoppable. I really like Nic Johnson. Perry with almost another double double. KP3 being back makes a big difference. He didn't shoot well, but you can tell the team plays inspired when he is in there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think they could stay that hot from 3 all day against that zone, but they did! What was it? 14-29? 48%? If they can shoot like that all year they will be unstoppable. I really like Nic Johnson. Perry with almost another double double. KP3 being back makes a big difference. He didn't shoot well, but you can tell the team plays inspired when he is in there.

I think Miller is probably smiling like a cheshire cat about that win last night. I kept waiting for Lavin to figure out UA has no post scoring with the lineup they had in there so stop sagging in and doubling the posts leaving the shooters wide open.

I'm surprised UA didn't shoot even better they had several looks that looked like they were in for sure that rimmed out. Over and over they entered the ball inside, SJ doubled and they kicked it for a 3. I'm amazed the SJ assistants didn't say can we stop doubling the post entry?

Also think SJ is delusional they can play that way all year with 7 guys they're way too aggressive and sped up they will always get into foul trouble and that's why they blew the lead at the end they weren't using clock and they were in foul trouble and UA exploited it.

Miller coached circles around lavin.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think Miller is probably smiling like a cheshire cat about that win last night. I kept waiting for Lavin to figure out UA has no post scoring with the lineup they had in there so stop sagging in and doubling the posts leaving the shooters wide open.

I'm surprised UA didn't shoot even better they had several looks that looked like they were in for sure that rimmed out. Over and over they entered the ball inside, SJ doubled and they kicked it for a 3. I'm amazed the SJ assistants didn't say can we stop doubling the post entry?

Also think SJ is delusional they can play that way all year with 7 guys they're way too aggressive and sped up they will always get into foul trouble and that's why they blew the lead at the end they weren't using clock and they were in foul trouble and UA exploited it.

Miller coached circles around lavin.

Which is why I wasn't panicking when we were down 8 with 7min to go. SJ began to get winded and play very tentative with everyone in foul trouble. Cats rally and SJ is forced to bring Lindsay back in the game with 4 fouls to stop the bleeding. He picks up his 5th in one minute and you could tell it took the wind out of their sails.

UofA fans are familiar with 7 man rotations. 2008-2009, when Pennell was coach and the only players of consequence were Hill, Budinger and Wise, we went through it. Just doesnt work in the long haul.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was a huge win because it was on national tv against a big east school at Madison Square Garden. If you thought recruiting was easy for Miller, out just might of gotten easier. I loved how you could hear the UofA chants.