Goldy's &%$#* is back. Giants in Town for 3

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
What are the odds that Goldschmidt homers tomorrow?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
IF he pitches to him. Perhaps he has learned his lesson. I hope not.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
2 for 2 with a near HR. Goldy is in his head

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sick of McCarthy, ugh. Already down 3 in the 1st.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Didi is 2 for his last 19, is batting barely over .200 and was called up from the Minors to replace a utility infielder.

But, once again, he has supplanted Owings at SS. And Owings is batting .282, about 80 points higher than Didi.

For a whole season, we read on the Suns ASFN board about how they should tank. Is that Gibson's game?

Getting rid of an aged Putz to bring up younger guys is one thing. Playing with the confidence of a young guy like Owings and punishing him for a good performance is just crazy!

Kirk Gibson has the attention span of a mosquito. And he is just as much a pain in the a$$.

And our team has the worst record in the NL and the second worst in the Major Leagues.

Good job, Gibson!

Y'know what else bugs me? More than once, I have seen him wearing sunglasses while being interviewed. What ******** doesn't have the decency to take off his sunglasses while being interviewed?

Put it all together? He is just not a Major League manager. Not in player development. Not in strategy. Not in public relations. And certainly not in the standings.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didi is 2 for his last 19, is batting barely over .200 and was called up from the Minors to replace a utility infielder.

But, once again, he has supplanted Owings at SS. And Owings is batting .282, about 80 points higher than DiDi.
And he starts him lead off! Why not Peralta? All that guy has done since coming up is hit hit hit.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bob Brenly has been openly criticizing Gibson's lineups on the air, more and more.

He sounded downright pissed today that Gibson did not give a start to newly acquired Jordan Pacheco (who plays multiple positions) and has hit well vs. Giants starter Madison Bumgarner.

Don't be surprised if BB, once again, leaves the broadcast booth for the D-backs Manager's office.

As long as that doesn't put Mark Grace back in the broadcast booth. I don't expect that Steve Berthiaume would play into his immaturity as Daron Sutton did with his own immaturity.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, boy!!!! We're only 3/1000 from being the worst team in baseball!!! C'mon guys... I know you can do it!!!

:rolleyes:

Now we have the Indians rolling into town, who are 2 games under .500. Maybe we could actually win a pair here?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Now we have the Indians rolling into town, who are 2 games under .500. Maybe we could actually win a pair here?
It depends who is picking our starting lineup.

Is there such a thing as tanking in baseball? That would be an explanation. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson