Goldschmidt traded to Cards

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What, in your opinion, is the reason Kelly can manage to hit in AAA and fails to in MLB?

What’s have you seen, specifically, either in the video or the metrics that backs this position?

Actually, his AAA numbers were mediocre. The reality is he can't hit.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Ugh... Gonna have to somehow get used to this image... :(

You must be registered for see images attach
If Paul had to be traded, I think the St. Louis Cardinals are, and have been, the classiest organization in baseball.

And their uniforms are the best looking. I like that they use the "Cardinals" shirt logos home or away, instead of "St. Louis".

As far as I know, the Dodgers were the only other team to do that until they started using "Los Angeles" on many or most away games.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think Gonzo wanted him gone - another Season and Goldy would have overtaken Gonzo in most all offensive categories.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think Gonzo wanted him gone - another Season and Goldy would have overtaken Gonzo in most all offensive categories.
I don't see a smiley, so I'll respond. Gonzo is just as humble as Goldy. I don't think he would want him gone for that reason.

Hopefully, Goldy can come back after he retires (with his "44" retired) and be part of the Front Office as are Gonzo and RJ.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see a smiley, so I'll respond. Gonzo is just as humble as Goldy. I don't think he would want him gone for that reason.

Hopefully, Goldy can come back after he retires (with his "44" retired) and be part of the Front Office as are Gonzo and RJ.

I think the smiley was inferred. Gonzo had as much to do with this trade as I did. :D

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think the smiley was inferred. Gonzo had as much to do with this trade as I did. :D
You might be right. But Gonzo is a Special Assistant to the President (who sometimes also steps in to do some TV color commentary).

We have no idea how they use him in that capacity. I have to believe that they tap into his baseball expertise and experience as a ballplayer . . . and hometown hero.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Somewhere I hear Ernie Broglio laughing his buttocks off.

What, in your opinion, is the reason Kelly can manage to hit in AAA and fails to in MLB?
His "problem" was two other ML catchers, all of who are vying for the backup job behind Yadi. And Yadi doesn't like taking days off.

Goldschmidt said he didn't want to take anyone's number so he selected 46 because it was the closest to 44 that wasn't taken or retired.
This is touching. But WTF is Luke Gregerson? A 35 y-o middle reliever with an ERA near 5? It's not like he wanted Gibson's #45.

Actually, his AAA numbers were mediocre. The reality is he can't hit.
He can hit as well as Mathis did. He was popular with the Cards fans like Tim Kempton was popular with the Suns. ;)

If Paul had to be traded, I think the St. Louis Cardinals are, and have been, the classiest organization in baseball.

And their uniforms are the best looking. I like that they use the "Cardinals" shirt logos home or away, instead of "St. Louis".
They use some "St Louis " throwback unis on special dates. And they're going back to the insipid blue unis on home weekends.

Cards have an effect.on players. I mentioned the Piscotty trade. Matt Adams has said how glad he was to return to the team. Augie was never afraid to ship out malcontents. He swindled the Friars into a.teade.for Ozzie Smith, and he fired Harry Carey's.drunk ass. They also stick by players who need remedial help. Rick Ankiel comes to mind. So does another failed pitcher named Stan.

I get that Goldy likes the DB franchise. But he's just graduated to another level.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My post on November 29th:

"From Houston, I want at least one of Yordan Alvarez or Josh James and at least one of Cionel Perez and Bukauskas.

From the Cardinals, Hudson is okay, but I would prefer Alex Reyes. Knizer is an interesting piece, given our lack of catching prospects.

From the Phillies, I would at least want one of Adonis Medina or Alec Bohm and at least one of JoJo Romero, Ranger Suarez or Enyel De Los Santos."

If both Perez and Bukauskas were offered up by the Astros for Goldy, and/or if Justus Sheffield was offered up by the Yankees, Mike Hazen has a lot of explaining to do (and yes, I would have much preferred Knizer over Kelly in terms of catchers)...

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I wrote this on Facebook, not that anyone cares: Watching Fitz yesterday breaking the all time record for most receptions for a player on one team got me to thinking about losing Goldy to St Louis. If we would have kept him he would have set so many records here. But that is not the real reason I wanted him to stay. He is like Fitz as he is such a humble great human being. How lucky were we to have these guys setting examples for all of us, especially the children and grandchildren? We will miss Goldy for his baseball talents but more so for his positive effect on all of us.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wrote this on Facebook, not that anyone cares: Watching Fitz yesterday breaking the all time record for most receptions for a player on one team got me to thinking about losing Goldy to St Louis. If we would have kept him he would have set so many records here. But that is not the real reason I wanted him to stay. He is like Fitz as he is such a humble great human being. How lucky were we to have these guys setting examples for all of us, especially the children and grandchildren? We will miss Goldy for his baseball talents but more so for his positive effect on all of us.

Exactly, with all the craziness in sports anymore,,, Steroids, cheating, GM's and players DUI's and beating their wives, accused of rape,, on and on along with political nonsense taking over sport... It was nice during that time to have guys like Goldy to hold up above it all and say; this is why I still love this team or this game.

I will miss having Goldy's steadfast presence in more ways than one as a Dbacks fan, a human being and an Arizonan.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Derrick mention that, one day, we would like to see Goldy back with the D-backs organization.

It is interesting to hear him say "either playing or working for us".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson