Thanks.

DJ will be our Big Ben for 2005.

Some of us wanted Big Ben.

Some of us want DJ.

Won't happen.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
You got to admit he is fast and gets to the ball in a hurry. I like him. I think he would look much better in red than orange though.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
They use a few of the plays a couple of times, just from different angles. I Don't know, he is quick to to the ball and hits hard, but I do wonder about his tackling ability. A few times in that video he used his body to make tackles instead of his hands. It works well for him in college, but people are stronger in the NFL and you have to be able to pull someone down. That being said, I do think he looks like he will be a stud in the NFL. I do believe, however, that we have more pressing needs than another linebacker.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
They use a few of the plays a couple of times, just from different angles. I Don't know, he is quick to to the ball and hits hard, but I do wonder about his tackling ability. A few times in that video he used his body to make tackles instead of his hands. It works well for him in college, but people are stronger in the NFL and you have to be able to pull someone down. That being said, I do think he looks like he will be a stud in the NFL. I do believe, however, that we have more pressing needs than another linebacker.

Yeah, he shoulder a lot of tackles instead of wrapping, but I saw some where he wrapped like a champ. His angles to the ball and speed are amazing tough.

Last edited:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Holy crap he's fast! Sideline to sideline like a bullet. I'd take him in a heartbeat. My only question is, can he shed blocks? All those tackles were when he didn't have a man on him and he was running through holes.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Renz said:
Great, now I have that song stuck in my head! DJ definitely looks like a player. I'd be stoked if we drafted him.

Me too went to the supermarket and that dam song playing in my head.
Took a can of beets and smacked my self upside of my head. No more song but now head is fuzzy.LOL

He would look great in a Red uniform. (We could call him Flash Williams).

Navy Mike

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool but of course everyone looks great in a highlight reel. Most won't have as many caused fumbles of course.

He's a great player, he's at the level Dansby COULD get to in a couple of years if he keeps getting stronger and lears to read plays better which is a byproduct of still learning to be a LB.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
speed and athleticism is impressive

I can see how he is so effective in coverage, and his presence would upgrade pass defense

Has that burst where when he recognizes a play, he is like a missle to the ball

has the Adrian Wilson-esque hit to tackle bad habit, rather than wrap up as well. If he is coachable, that is easily correctable.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Damn.

The dude loves just absolutely SMEARING people. The dude is lightning quick to the ball. The dude is NEVER out of a play even when he's on the ground. The dude is a playmaker and is constantly looking to cause a turnover. That's the good....

The bad is that the dude doesn't wrap up. Like I said, he likes to absolutely smear people. While that looks great and is effective in college and high school, the NFL is a whole 'nother level. He would miss a lot of those tackles in th NFL because pro backs don't go down as easily as college backs....

The last problem is that he has a #11 tattoo and no way Fitz gives that up. Maybe a laser removal could be a part of the roookie contract?

:D

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
Damn.

The last problem is that he has a #11 tattoo and no way Fitz gives that up. Maybe a laser removal could be a part of the roookie contract?

:D

How about turning it into a "91" with a little work? LBs can wear series in the 90s