GM or Head Coach?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if Payton comes here for an interview and agrees to coach this team will he insist on who the GM will be?

If we hire a GM on Monday does that deter Payton from coming here?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if Payton comes here for an interview and agrees to coach this team will he insist on who the GM will be?

If we hire a GM on Monday does that deter Payton from coming here?

No. It won't rule out Payton coming. After all, all other options have GMs in place.

Getting Payton would be great. Getting a great GM akin to the Eagles, Ravens etc is more important in my opinion.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. It won't rule out Payton coming. After all, all other options have GMs in place.

Getting Payton would be great. Getting a great GM akin to the Eagles, Ravens etc is more important in my opinion.
Payton is more of the sure thing in terms of being good at his job. I'd hate if he brought in Ryan Pace though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Payton is more of the sure thing in terms of being good at his job. I'd hate if he brought in Ryan Pace though.

If we get a great GM he will choose a great HC (or he wouldn't be a great GM).

But then any great GM should be smart enough to work well with Payton.

I think the "total control" thing is overblown. Nobody thinks Loomis is a sock puppet.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Payton come I’ll bet they stick with the in house AW/QH combo with Payton overseeing it . He gets full autonomy, the in house guys get a promotion on paper with a new perspective, and Bidwill saves on GM to pay Payton.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Yeah Pace would not be good. The way he got snickered by the Niners into trading draft picks to move up one position to get Trubisky does not inspire confidence.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah Pace would not be good. The way he got snickered by the Niners into trading draft picks to move up one position to get Trubisky does not inspire confidence.
Where did his name surface???? Guy was a disaster as a GM.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I like Ian Cunningham, who they interviewed, with a past in exactly those two organizations.

Ran Carthon from the Niners might be my favorite, though, but any of those two would be great, I think.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Ian Cunningham, who they interviewed, with a past in exactly those two organizations.

Ran Carthon from the Niners might be my favorite, though, but any of those two would be great, I think.

Hortiz too

Any of those 3 I'd be ecstatic with