Glutton for Punishment

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I hate this team. I can't wait for the season to start, I get disappointed just about every year.

We win 4 in a row, to turn around and lose 5 straight.

The bye week was great, I haven't thought about this team (much) since the last loss. Now its about game time and I am glued to the TV. I'm getting pumped up and trying to convince myself why were going to kick the Falcons butts right now.

I feel like I am in love with someone that hates me!

Am I a glutton for punishment? I must be because come gameday I love being a cardinal fan. My kids are screwed, I have already introduced them to this misery.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hate this team. I can't wait for the season to start, I get disappointed just about every year.

The bye week was great, I haven't thought about this team (much) since the last loss. Now its about game time and I am glued to the TV. I'm getting pumped up and trying to convince myself why were going to kick the Falcons butts right now.

Am I a glutton for punishment? I must be because come gameday I love being a cardinal fan. My kids are screwed, I have already introduced them to this misery.
Lost 6 straight, season already started...and ended. :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I feel ya'

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score

I hear you. It is a palpable relief when week 17 ends and I can relax on Sundays. By the draft I'm becoming overly optimistic all over again.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Ha, c'mon Beerz...you've been around for awhile. Outside of a couple years, this is Cardinals football. We've done an impressive job of late at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm surprised the D would even let the offense on the plane. Would love to know how many teams lose when forcing 6 turnovers. What an embarrassment.

It would be nice if our team could at least be interesting and competitive through November.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This game was fun imo. I just hate blowouts! If the game is close I can't get upset. The d was pretty damn good. The o is so freakin bad.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You need to look at it the way I do. Win or lose the games are fun to watch because you never know what stunt the Catds are going to pull next. And every once in a while you get an extra treat when the Cards actually win.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, c'mon Beerz...you've been around for awhile. Outside of a couple years, this is Cardinals football. We've done an impressive job of late at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm surprised the D would even let the offense on the plane. Would love to know how many teams lose when forcing 6 turnovers. What an embarrassment.

It would be nice if our team could at least be interesting and competitive through November.

I can think of only one other team I've ever seen lose who forced 6 turnovers. I believe it was a Monday Night Football game... Where they even led 20-0. I think they played... The bears? Who was that team?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can think of only one other team I've ever seen lose who forced 6 turnovers. I believe it was a Monday Night Football game... Where they even led 20-0. I think they played... The bears? Who was that team?

I think that same team forced 5 turnovers the next week and lost 22-9. Finished +3 in turnovers for the season and finished 29th in scoring. With a first round QB plus a future HOF QB on the team.

You gotta love Cardinal football.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hear you. Been watching this team for 40 years now and will always be my team through think or thin. I also have the added luxury of watching the Rams play each week. Lame but the way it is if you do not have direct TV. Always funny watching the Rams lose because of stupidity like they did last week against the niner's.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This game was fun imo. I just hate blowouts! If the game is close I can't get upset. The d was pretty damn good. The o is so freakin bad.

It was fun. But it will be the last fun one for me since We were never in that game.

How can you feel any hope ? The offense cannot score points nor the team win when we get 6 turnovers in a game ?????

That is horrific.

......maybe if I go into fantasy land and count turn overs for TD's I can enjoy moral victories at home.

My goodness, this team is so bad I have a bastardize a game that is almost offically 100 years old to enjoy it.

Same ol Cardinals.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I can't say some ol cards. The d is good.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I can't say some ol cards. The d is good.

I guess, but the results are still the same. With the exception of 97 and 2008-09, it's been the same song and dance. Sure some of the pieces have changed, but the results are depressingly familiar.

I'm glad our D has improved, but that has coincided with some of the most incompetent offensive play I can remember, historically bad.

All I want is for the team to be consistently competitive and make football exciting and meaningful through November. Once again, we're cheated of that and are on our way to another top 10 pick.

Same ol Cards? Maybe not, but this sure feels familiar.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
That was Arizona Denny Greens.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Cardinals are proof that defense does not win games anymore. We got a zillion turnovers but did not win. It is better to have an amazing offense and not an amazing defense. That is how we won with Warner for the most part but then again we had a average defense and we do not have a average offense now for all our defense accomplishes...damn, Hasselbeck would look good in a Cardinal uniform about now :)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The Cardinals are proof that defense does not win games anymore. We got a zillion turnovers but did not win. It is better to have an amazing offense and not an amazing defense. That is how we won with Warner for the most part but then again we had a average defense and we do not have a average offense now for all our defense accomplishes...damn, Hasselbeck would look good in a Cardinal uniform about now :)
Great defense and an average offense WILL win games as can be seen from close games we have lost because we have pathetic QB's. Get a decent QB and we would have won Rams, Bills, Vikings, and Falcons games.