Gladiator (1992)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gladiator is a 1992 American sports drama film directed by Rowdy Herrington, and starring Cuba Gooding Jr., James Marshall, Brian Dennehy, and Robert Loggia. The film tells the story of two teenagers trapped in the world of illegal underground boxing. One is fighting to pay off gamblingdebts accumulated by his father. The second is fighting for the money to get out of the ghetto. While being exploited by a boxing promoter, the two teens become friends.

Am I one of the only people that loved this film? Netflix doesn't have it on DVD.

I've been thinking about it lately because I've been watching Stranger Things (with Cara Buono). I had a huge crush on her back in '93.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gladiator is a 1992 American sports drama film directed by Rowdy Herrington, and starring Cuba Gooding Jr., James Marshall, Brian Dennehy, and Robert Loggia. The film tells the story of two teenagers trapped in the world of illegal underground boxing. One is fighting to pay off gamblingdebts accumulated by his father. The second is fighting for the money to get out of the ghetto. While being exploited by a boxing promoter, the two teens become friends.

Am I one of the only people that loved this film? Netflix doesn't have it on DVD.

I've been thinking about it lately because I've been watching Stranger Things (with Cara Buono). I had a huge crush on her back in '93.

You trying to tell me you still get Netflix DVD’s in the mail?

I really liked this one. Boxing scenes super unrealistic but it’s entertaining.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You trying to tell me you still get Netflix DVD’s in the mail?

I really liked this one. Boxing scenes super unrealistic but it’s entertaining.
I'm the one that still rents dvds! I haven't seen it since the mid 90s but I want to rewatch it.

"Top of the head...hardest part of the body!"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen this one several times.

James Marshall had a great start to the 90's - Cadence, Gladiator, and A Few Good Men.

Didn't realize what happened to him later in his life/career:

In summer 2010, Marshall sued the pharmaceutical company Hoffmann-LaRoche (a unit of Roche Holding AG) for $11 million in damages for injuries which, he claimed, resulted from his taking the drug Accutane. He claimed he had suffered Accutane-related gastrointestinal distress so severe that it necessitated a four-month hospital stay and the surgical removal of his colon. He asserted that these injuries had derailed his acting career. Stars Martin Sheen (a longtime family friend), Brian Dennehy, Esai Morales and Rob Reiner(Marshall's director on A Few Good Men) were to testify on his behalf.

His health now substantially improved, Marshall has begun a new career, as a musician.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA