Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That is what I’m talking about. Aziz had a movie in production last year (2022) that got shut down because of MeToo allegations made against Murray by crew member while on Aziz’s set.
I thought that shutdown was about Aziz himself.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what I’m talking about. Aziz had a movie in production last year (2022) that got shut down because of MeToo allegations made against Murray by crew member while on Aziz’s set.
I learned about this yesterday and I'm pretty disappointed in him.
“I went to meet with Bill Murray and his co-director and a producer in a hotel suite,” Davis said. “And, uh, I came in and went to sit down with everybody sitting there. But Bill Murray popped up and said, ‘Hey, have you ever tried the thumper?’ And I’m like, ‘What? No. What’s that?’ ‘Well come try it.’ ‘No, no, no.'”

Davis said Murray pointed to the bed where there was “a giant massage device with big handles on it.” Murray allegedly told her, “Lay down here. I wanna try it on you.”

“I’m like, ‘No, no, no thank you.’ And he keeps at it,” Davis said. “And I keep saying ‘No’ to the point where I would’ve had to scream at him, ‘Stop freaking asking me! I am not doing it. Do you understand?’ Which I was far too timid to do. So I perched on the corner of the bed and let him do it, and he did it for like one second, and then didn’t ask how I liked it or anything. So I realized it was just to see if he could force me to do something inappropriate.”

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray claims it was a joke. Palmer says they have spoken since and were trying to move past it and see if they could work together but only if they could trust each other. Then the movie was shut down.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that shutdown was about Aziz himself.
Nope. Master Of None got shut down because of something with Aziz years ago, but the new movie with Murray was supposed to be his big comeback movie and Murray’s behavior apparently pile-drived it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learned about this yesterday and I'm pretty disappointed in him.

He doesn’t have the best rep with women/female actors.

The less you know about all these people, the better.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Nice, it looks like they'd doing a bunch of practical effects which is really nice.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I really hope this is good because the last movie felt like an organic continuation that was worthy of the original stories. There are a ton of franchises out there that could learn from this verses all the TERRIBLE remakes.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope this is good because the last movie felt like an organic continuation that was worthy of the original stories. There are a ton of franchises out there that could learn from this versus all the TERRIBLE remakes.
Like this one?

The Ghostbusters series was rebooted with an all-female cast in 2016, directed by Paul Feig. The four actresses who starred in the movie were Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones. The movie was a total reboot, and not a sequel. The movie was met with mixed reviews and was a box office disappointment.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Like this one?

The Ghostbusters series was rebooted with an all-female cast in 2016, directed by Paul Feig. The four actresses who starred in the movie were Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones. The movie was a total reboot, and not a sequel. The movie was met with mixed reviews and was a box office disappointment.
I actually own it. And my kids kind of like it but it’s obviously bottom of the Ghostbusters hierarchy.

It needed tighter editing and I would have had Melissa McCarty play Leslie Jones’ character and vice versa.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually own it. And my kids kind of like it but it’s obviously bottom of the Ghostbusters hierarchy.
Same. Bottom for me but my wife and girls loved the idea of them being women and like the movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About that level. It's a series of memberberries. I liked Half in the Bag's take that it should be on TikTok with each one it's one video for you to flip through due to it.
I’m stunned you saw this already. Thought theater experiences are only reserved for the very biggest of the big boys?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I’m stunned you saw this already. Thought theater experiences are only reserved for the very biggest of the big boys?
I got dragged to it. It wasn't fully by choice but she's good looking. ;) Dune was my choice but the 70mm tickets are still nuts here. I think I'm just going to have to buy them out a bit and commit to it even though my schedule has been all over the place.

And normally you're right unless there's an external reason. In January I upgraded my HT to a 130" StewartFilms screen and really love it. Makes me want to go out for movies even less. :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Plane movie?
Yeah, although the sound was nice in the Dolby theater. A lot of fan service and more references to the 80s movies than the last movie.

However, I'm still trying to figure out why Bill Murray was in this movie. There was literally nothing that he provides to the production. He does test the new Fire Master in a throw-back to the testing he's doing in the first film, but that's it. He shows up at the end of the movie and does nothing. Also don't know why we get Sigourney in the end credits in Afterlife, but she doesn't show up at all in this one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson