Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The family Loved it. Had a ton of heart and felt like a cross between Goonies and Ghostbusters. The little girl and her friend were fantastic.

Stay for the end. Has two extra scenes. One during and one after the credits.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This movie was neither boring nor pedestrian. Wondering why you think that.
Ah, sorry, you want me to justify my opinion. No need for me to do that. I will, to give you what you're digging for. Remember, I wasn't trying to poop on anyone's parade and am posting only at your instigation.

Perhaps if it wasn't a Ghostbusters movie that set quality expectations I wouldn't have found the looohohohohoooooong sections of slooohooohooohooow stretches of nothing much happening boring or pedestrian. Not to mention, as one critic said, how it was tonally a total opposite of Ghostbusters.

Now go ahead, as I know you want to, and "tell" me how my opinion is wrong.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ah, sorry, you want me to justify my opinion. No need for me to do that. I will, to give you what you're digging for. Remember, I wasn't trying to poop on anyone's parade and am posting only at your instigation.

Perhaps if it wasn't a Ghostbusters movie that set quality expectations I wouldn't have found the looohohohohoooooong sections of slooohooohooohooow stretches of nothing much happening boring or pedestrian. Not to mention, as one critic said, how it was tonally a total opposite of Ghostbusters.

Now go ahead, as I know you want to, and "tell" me how my opinion is wrong.
Wow. Didn’t think you would be so angry. I disagree with your opinion, but I’ve never accused you of having a “wrong” opinion. Quite a persecution complex you have there.

I completely disagree with everything you said, but go on, continue to accuse me of attacking you.

Stout

Reaction score
Wow. Didn’t think you would be so angry. I disagree with your opinion, but I’ve never accused you of having a “wrong” opinion. Quite a persecution complex you have there.

I completely disagree with everything you said, but go on, continue to accuse me of attacking you.
So you quote my post and say you won't apologize for liking it--why else would you quote my post and say that?--then question my opinion on it. I gave a low-key review, short, without trashing the movie, but I suppose that wasn't enough.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So you quote my post and say you won't apologize for liking it--why else would you quote my post and say that?--then question my opinion on it. I gave a low-key review, short, without trashing the movie, but I suppose that wasn't enough.
LOL Calling it boring and pedestrian without any qualification is indeed trashing it. Perhaps not as strong as "trashing", but putting it down nonetheless. If I said I hate puppies and that's it, you wouldn't be curious why I thought that way? This is a message board after all. Discussions start with this sort of discourse. But since you don't want to participate, why post at all?

Stout

Reaction score
LOL Calling it boring and pedestrian without any qualification is indeed trashing it. Perhaps not as strong as "trashing", but putting it down nonetheless. If I said I hate puppies and that's it, you wouldn't be curious why I thought that way? This is a message board after all. Discussions start with this sort of discourse. But since you don't want to participate, why post at all?
You are hilarious. You didn't like my one-line review? Tough. Crybaby about it all you'd like. Also, why do you hate puppies?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm most certainly not. You got pissy and you didn't like my response. The thread devolved from there.
Pissy? Are you serious? YOu think way too highly of yourself. Yes, I disagreed with your opinion, but when you post something as pedestrian as that "one line review" and I ask you about it, it says more about you when you react this way. But I'm done with you. Take your ball and go home.

Stout

Reaction score
Pissy? Are you serious? YOu think way too highly of yourself. Yes, I disagreed with your opinion, but when you post something as pedestrian as that "one line review" and I ask you about it, it says more about you when you react this way. But I'm done with you. Take your ball and go home.
Like the PM I got that referenced you, you go after a poster then get whiny with a victim mentality when they respond to it. Classic Chap.

You quoted my post, that had nothing to do with you, and said "I won't apologize for..." as if I were coming after you. That's trolling for an argument, period. Give it a rest already. This thread was all cool and agree to disagree, and nothing controversial was happening, until you started in. Chillax, Chap.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie was neither boring nor pedestrian. Wondering why you think that.
100%. This movie was a fantastic popcorn movie and a worthy follow-up of the first film. Sure it didn't have the originality of the first or the same level of comedy. How could it? Having said that, the entire family loved this. My middle kid didn't get to go with us. She was stuck on campus. I am going again and taking her to see it.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not going to apologize about absolutely loving this movie.
What about Stout’s post made you think you’d have to apologize about loving the movie? His opinion shouldn’t have any bearing on anyone else’s nor did he intimate it should.

To borrow from the Dude, immortal: It’s just like... his opinion, man.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it today. Felt it dragged a bit at times, but I enjoyed the movie overall. Found myself getting a bit emotional at the very end. The girl did a fantastic job and I love Paul Rudd in everything.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Got to it last night, overall the family enjoyed it

Did drag a bit while getting everything established, but overall a good finish

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
It definitely dragged a bit in the middle, and at times I thought it was a bit ‘kid’ heavy (I mean, you got Paul Rudd… use him). But overall I enjoyed it and thought it was a good flick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mostly boring and pedestrian with thin slices of awesome.
This. I literally had to fast forward through minutes 80-105 because I had just gotten so bored. But the last fifteen minutes were good. That’s about it... and even saying those fifteen minutes were good is probably a stretch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose