Gannon "I have no scheme, no playbook. Its in my brain." That and thoughts on Arizona being as tough for the Eagles as the Chiefs.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
“I have no scheme,” he said.

Of course, he knew that needed more explanation.

“And they’re like, You're a f---ing idiot. Great, you’re going to get fired,” he said, laughing. “But literally, I don’t. I don’t even have a playbook.”

And that still needs more explanation. “It’s in my brain,” he continued, and the 41-year-old didn’t mean that in some sort of arrogant or all-knowing. Moreso, it’s founded on a belief system that grew from another fact about Gannon—“I have no tree, like, literally.” Take a look at his background, and you’ll see. It’s true.

“Elite,” Gannon says. “I'll be honest with you: Probably—not probably—the hardest game plans I had to do this year were Kansas City and Arizona. And that stood out with me. That stuck out in my mind, like, F---ing A, this guy, and you talk about the other players he had with him, the scheme, all of it … This player’s skill set is a legit problem for a defense, because he can put you in all kinds of conflict, he can beat you with his legs and with his arm, like Jalen [Hurts] does. And that’s what excited me about him, is having gone against him, having watched all the tape on him, studying that.
“I'll just say this: I’ve talked to the guy every day since I’ve been here. I love the guy so far.”

Really good breakdown how he grinded to get where he is. And all the people he learned from.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2 things.

1. He taught players to run to the ball & had talent on that defense to work with so maybe the playbook is a moot point? Nick Hallis will be his own man I'm sure, do things his way & have a playbook but if not, he has the master of no playbook to lean on.

2. Had Kyler not injured his knee the comment from Gannon about him being dangerous with his legs would have more meaning to me. We don't know if Kyler will ever be the same? I hope he is?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
2 things.

1. He taught players to run to the ball & had talent on that defense to work with so maybe the playbook is a moot point? Nick Hallis will be his own man I'm sure, do things his way & have a playbook but if not, he has the master of no playbook to lean on.

2. Had Kyler not injured his knee the comment from Gannon about him being dangerous with his legs would have more meaning to me. We don't know if Kyler will ever be the same? I hope he is?
Anyone who thinks Kyler won’t return to the same physical condition after an ACL tear is stuck in 1980’s sports medicine limbo.

The question on Kyler’s running will be in between the ears.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2 things.

If he's Jalen Hurts level of fast or young Russell Wison it should be ok. Although you dont get the same toughness and strength.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Kyler won’t return to the same physical condition at the r ACL tear is stuck in 1980’s sports medicine limbo.

I hope you're right bro? I know technology is better & medical procedures are more advanced but you never know with injuries, there's no guarantees. Yes the mental thing does play into it big time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Kyler won’t return to the same physical condition at the r ACL tear is stuck in 1980’s sports medicine limbo.

Anyone who thinks Kyler returns the same physical condition THIS season is stuck in some kind of Kyler fantasy land. Unless he’s the second coming of AP, the best athletes who come back from torn ACLs are rarely the same in their comeback year and those who do get back to that level get back to it in year 2 post surgery… see Saquon and others like that for proof.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Kyler returns the same physical condition THIS season is stuck in some kind of Kyler fantasy land. Unless he’s the second coming of AP, the best athletes who come back from torn ACLs are rarely the same in their comeback year and those who do get back to that level get back to it in year 2 post surgery… see Saquon and others like that for proof.

I agree. However that's only as a runner.

No reason he can't adjust his game and just be a pocket passer until back to full speed. He has to learn to do that anyway right?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"I have no scheme, no playbook. Its in my brain."

That’s a completely bizarre thing to say. Lunatic fringe.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The system doesn't work????

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Y'all are misunderstanding this quote.

He has to have a playbook on paper. Players can't access his brain.

This quote is part of a larger context explaining how he doesn't have a set system or a playbook he takes to every job (like Zimmer).

He's simply saying he adapts to what he has to work with and will build the playbook from that.

That's how I read it anyway.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I agree with both sentiments offered on this conversation, that he will be back to full Kyler, but that's eventually and probably as you stated the second year of rehab (and I do call it all rehab till he is 100%)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Right but long-term ACL tears aren’t as debilitating as they were. By year 2 everyone physically is 100% assuming they rehabbed correctly.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can we mute microphones and shutter cameras on this guy until the season starts?

I was okay with the hire, but yeesh dude. You’re kinda coming off as an ass.
Cheese, did you see his interaction with Rondale Moore? Jeeeeeeez......

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right but long-term ACL tears aren’t as debilitating as they were. By year 2 everyone physically is 100% assuming they rehabbed correctly.
Yeah, they’re definitely not career killers. My concern is more what you pointed out with the mental. If he’s not a threat to run, and really using that mobility he’s a liability as a QB because he’s too small to stay in the pocket and deliver strikes when he’s about to get killed like the best QBs do. Then he’s just an abnormally short QB who lacks elite toughness. That’s a bad combo as a QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Can we mute microphones and shutter cameras on this guy until the season starts?

I was okay with the hire, but yeesh dude. You’re kinda coming off as an ass.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is feeling like he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room before having done anything.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler being under center means he has to take long six-eight drop backs. The line has to hold up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose