Game One: Detroit

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Cheese, I like you as a poster usually, but this is just a despicable thing to say. This is wishing an injury on a player, a player on your own team, no less. And a Hall of Famer. There's no place for this, on the Dark Side (where I've apparently been placed [Thanks, Skorp!]) or otherwise.

I think that Shipp and Smith are basically the same player right now. Neither of them are capable of taking a game over or winning it for the team (a la Fred Taylor, Ladanian Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, etc.), but, most of the time, they're not going to lose it for you, either (caveat: I'm still worried about Marcel fumbling in the Red Zone, and I think that Emmitt should get all carries inside the 20). I think that Marcel will probably be the better back at the end of the season, and will definately be the better back in 2004, but right now, they're about the same player, with Marcel being perhaps a little more sprightly, and Emmitt being a little more crafty. Personally, I don't like either of them in a pass-heavy, West Coast scheme, because I don't think Marcel can make a catch in traffic (many his catches were 5 yd dump-offs in the middle of the field in junk time), and I'm pretty sure that Emmitt can't, and neither are going to get you a ton of YAC yard.

But this is neither here nor there. There's no place to even consider wanting a player to get injured, and even less of one for saying it out loud.

Finally: Our O-Line is massively talented while at the same time being massive, massive underachievers, and massively underrated on this board. And we don't have a center.

Dude - kerouac - I didn't say i hope that Smith gets hurt so that Shipp could be the starter and then I would be happy - no I layed out a set of circumstances to where I believe our offense would be most productive. Do I want Shipp to be the starter? Yes. Do I want emmit to get injured - Hell no? I never wish injury upon anyone anywhere as I have had the misfortune of dealing with multiple back surgeries and as well as jaw surgeries and hope as many people as possible can stay away from hospitals. Maybe I choose my words wrong - That being said, do I hope I'm proven wrong about Emmit - hell yes - there would be nothing better than having Emmit lead this team while stuffing it up every cowboy fans butt all season long. I'm just pointing out that IMO, the offense will be more productive with Shipp - I'm sorry you took my words that way, but I was just stating my opinion and choose my words poorly.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
....and now we have VC demonstrating for you all....
backpedaling technique.

Let's all give him the Clap. Nicely done VC. :cool:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
....and now we have VC demonstrating for you all....
backpedaling technique.

Let's all give him the Clap. Nicely done VC. :cool:

Actually Tango - I offended someone and apologized for it, something maybe you should learn to do. I missued my words, but still the ultimate point about Shipp being better for the offense remains. You've just got it in for me today huh? That's okay - it's entertaining.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
Dude - kerouac - I didn't say i hope that Smith gets hurt so that Shipp could be the starter and then I would be happy - no I layed out a set of circumstances to where I believe our offense would be most productive. Do I want Shipp to be the starter? Yes. Do I want emmit to get injured - Hell no? I never wish injury upon anyone anywhere as I have had the misfortune of dealing with multiple back surgeries and as well as jaw surgeries and hope as many people as possible can stay away from hospitals. Maybe I choose my words wrong - That being said, do I hope I'm proven wrong about Emmit - hell yes - there would be nothing better than having Emmit lead this team while stuffing it up every cowboy fans butt all season long. I'm just pointing out that IMO, the offense will be more productive with Shipp - I'm sorry you took my words that way, but I was just stating my opinion and choose my words poorly.

No, I understand what you're saying, and where it's coming from, but it was just a bad thing to say under any circumstances. Personally, considering this team's history, I try not to even think about injuries.

I like you and your posts, even if even I think they're a little gloomy, but it sounded like you were kind of hoping that Emmitt gets injured, and that's unacceptable to say about any player on any team at any time. I just wanted to make that clear for everyone. I was watching the Cards @ Eagles game in 1999, and one of my friends said that he hoped that Duce Staley would get injured. Myself and my friend were all over him for saying that, and he still hears about it to this day. There's no place for that. Anywhere.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I always, secretly hope the guys on the other team get injured.

Secretly.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Goofy

Originally posted by SECTION 11
Actually, Anaheim's Hockey Town now.

J. S. Giguere has suddenly become a househld name.

THE JIGGERNAUT

HIS NAME IS JIGGY

HE WILL SHUT YOU OUT

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
S. Giguere has suddenly become a househld name.

THE JIGGERNAUT

HIS NAME IS JIGGY

HE WILL SHUT YOU OUT
Can you picture a 6th OT period with Jiggy and MarTEN continuing to stone the opposition and stand on their head with no end in sight...

Not great for marketing the sport of hockey, but fun if you're a true hockey fan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn