Game Day 2013. Sac St @ ASU

HooverDam

Reaction score
Its gameday gentlemen :)

Sure its slightly hard to get pumped for Sacramento State...but who cares.

Here's to 10 wins, the Pac 12 South crown, and maybe slipping into the the Grand Daddy of them all.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If Sacrificial State gives them any fight at all I'll be surprised.
Nice warm up for Wisconsin.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see the opener but sadly I have Direct TV. I will be searching the internet for a stream. The feud between Direct TV and the Pac 12 Network is getting old.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I want to see the opener but sadly I have Direct TV. I will be searching the internet for a stream. The feud between Direct TV and the Pac 12 Network is getting old.
Yep total BS

Can't they figure out they will make more $$$ by offering it even as a monthly channel? I can't watch my Horns or Devils many times this year.

Oh well I'll see them here in Dallas at Jerry World in October as my old HS teammate Todd Graham comes back home!!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Watching it on the PAC 12 channel. Devils look solid.
I will say that I'm not sold on Grice... He's decent at best. Definitely not a bigtime legit threat out of the backfield...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU running back Deantre Lewis looks like he is back. He looked pretty good out there tonight.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Just got back from the game.

ASU looked great on both offense and defense.

Next up huge game vs Wisconsin. I'm expecting it to be sold out.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most impressive: 1 penalty by ASU for 5 yards. That speaks volumes.

Major upgrade to the wide receiving core.

The defense actually still seems like a question mark somewhat, we don't know how good they are. Shakey on first drive and playing against a way inferior opponent. And now Chris Young is hurt. Hopefully it is not serious.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most impressive: 1 penalty by ASU for 5 yards. That speaks volumes.

Major upgrade to the wide receiving core.

The defense actually still seems like a question mark somewhat, we don't know how good they are. Shakey on first drive and playing against a way inferior opponent. And now Chris Young is hurt. Hopefully it is not serious.

I think it was the running game that looks like a big question mark. The defense only struggled when they were trying the new schemes they installed, mostly the 40 fronts. That's teachable (or removable, if possible). Once they went to more familiar parts of the scheme, they held Sacramental State to 2 first downs the rest of the game. First shutout since Nebraska '96.

OP
OP
H

HooverDam

Reaction score
. First shutout since Nebraska '96.

2010: ASU 42, Wazzu 0, ASU also shut out Wazzu in 2008.

Wisconsin shut out Tennessee Tech today, so whoever scores first on Saturday will be putting up the first points of the year on the opposing side.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2010: ASU 42, Wazzu 0, ASU also shut out Wazzu in 2008.

Wisconsin shut out Tennessee Tech today, so whoever scores first on Saturday will be putting up the first points of the year on the opposing side.

Yeah, I should've known better to trust Pac-12 Network. It was the first non-conference shutout since '96. At least, I think it is.