Game balls vikes game

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are pretty close based on their first two seasons statistically. Murray has about +1200 passing yards in his first two seasons over Wilson. Wilson had more TDs and fewer INTs. Murray ran for more yards and had more rushing TDs. Wilson has the better passer rating based on the first two years. I don't remember those Seahawk seasons, but they probably made the playoffs both years. (?)

I think it is pretty much a push. But, the edge is with Wilson at the same point in careers. So, Wilson.

Wilson at the same age also already showed late game magic that’s come to define his career. Kyler hasn’t reached that level there... yet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know they're favorites to get back this year, but i wouldn't give Mahomes full credit for it yet!

...dave
Read Dave. I said he was one play away from 3 Straight Super Bowls. That play happened three years ago when the Chiefs gave up a fourth down play to the Pats that would have won them the AFC Title, only to see the Pats tie and get to OT and win.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read Dave. I said he was one play away from 3 Straight Super Bowls. That play happened three years ago when the Chiefs gave up a fourth down play to the Pats that would have won them the AFC Title, only to see the Pats tie and get to OT and win.
You have quite the imagination to think that the Chiefs were "one play away" from winning that game... the Patriots not only scored on that 4th & 1 from the Chiefs' 10 with 3 and a half minutes left AND all three timeouts (hardly a desperate situation), but scored ANOTHER TD subsequently, with the Chiefs scoring a TD in between AND the Chiefs are the ones who had to kick a FG with 11 seconds left to get to OT. Then the Chiefs never had the ball in OT so there was no opportunity for Mahomes to win with "one play". It was practically a miracle for him to get them into FG range to even GET to OT after receiving the Patriots' kickoff with 39 seconds remaining.

...dave

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't compare them based on achievement. Please don't put words in my mouth.

but the achievements are why you wouldn't see Brady's mistakes harped on as much. Bringing him into the conversation inherently and saying it wasn't meant as a comparison ignores the context and reason why Brady wouldn't get as criticized as Kyler has.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but the achievements are why you wouldn't see Brady's mistakes harped on as much. Bringing him into the conversation inherently and saying it wasn't meant as a comparison ignores the context and reason why Brady wouldn't get as criticized as Kyler has.
All i meant is you can do that with every QB for every game. Even the best. The context is what you think it is. I wasn't comparing them based on achievements.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Back on topic, looks like most of us now know that the 2nd interception was caused by the facemask penalty that wasn't called and so KM should get a game ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All i meant is you can do that with every QB for every game. Even the best. The context is what you think it is. I wasn't comparing them based on achievements.
But you’re using Brady for a reason I assume, instead of using Andy Dalton as your reference for every QB makes mistakes. So...

Forget it... not worth arguing about.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you’re using Brady for a reason I assume, instead of using Andy Dalton as your reference for every QB makes mistakes. So...

Forget it... not worth arguing about.
I used Brady because he is the best. That's it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Now who's putting words in people mouths?

Talking about the few bad plays he made is fine. Saying those few bad plays override all the great stuff he did so he doesn't deserve a game ball is silly.
It doesn’t “override all the great stuff” - that’s the point. He was still great, just in someone’s mind not deserving of a game ball. That doesn’t “override all the great stuff.” Yeesh.

If I do some work for someone and top payment is $1,000, but I only get $990 does that mean whatever caused the buyer to drop the value of my work by $10 overrides all the great work I did?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Has any person said you can't discuss the bad plays? I can't recall one.

Everyone should be discussing the bad plays.

That's a completely different argument to "Kyler did X, Y and Z wrong which over rules all the good stuff he did so doesn't deserve any credit or a game ball". Which is what I, Chris and many others are actually in disagreement about.
So game ball or bust. Got it. :rolleyes:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty hilarious how emotionally invested people are with whether Kyler Murray gets an imaginary game ball on a message board.
Yeah some people are so angry. To ke it’s silly to castigate a poster for what is just their opinion. And that’s all it was, someone’s opinion on game balls.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Except the point of people pointing out those couple bad plays is to suggest that despite 400+ yards and 3 TDs he doesn't deserve a game ball. Suggesting that a guy who is responsible for more plays by far than anyone else on the team shouldn't get a game ball because of a couple bad plays out of 50+ seems kind of crazy to me.
Eh, one of those “couple bad plays” is essentially the worst “bad play” a QB can make - scoring for the other team.

And everyone has their own opinion of what should get a game ball. But man some believe everyone should believe what they believe!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well I’m serious. Is Mahomes really better or is the scheme there really good too. I mean they have tons of offensive talent. Mahomes is in the perfect system just like Kyler is. But remember Mahomes didn’t have a winning record in college. So its
Not like he carried his college team to greatness. I think Mahomes is really good but I think a few QBs shine in KC
I think no doubt his system and coaching is superior. But mahomes’ magic has been evidenced beyond almost all quarterbacks near his vintage both inside, and particularly outside, of that system. I think if you polled every GM and head coach in the league and they had to answer honestly and anonymously they’d 100% pick mahomes. And that’s no knock on kyler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't compare them based on achievement. Please don't put words in my mouth.
I never meant to say you did and if that’s what people took away from my post I apologize. My point is, Brady’s accomplishments but him a great deal more latitude with mistakes than do kylers at this juncture.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Alex Smith was a pro bowl QB for Andy Reid but they were never a threat. They made the switch and were contenders instantly... Mahomes is having the worst two game start of his career and has a 131 passer rating.
That’s crazy

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree but what about Wilson if he’s the same age? Purely hypothetical obviously
That’s a tough one bc Wilson came into a vastly better situation so he had a lot more success. But I don’t think he was the athlete that kyler is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Back on topic, looks like most of us now know that the 2nd interception was caused by the facemask penalty that wasn't called and so KM should get a game ball.
Lol. Nope (on the face mask impact, I don’t really care who thinks what about the imaginary game ball)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's hilarious that this is still a thread about game balls. Murray played a transcendent first half — maybe one of the best halves of football ever. And then he farted this up in the second half:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's why people were shrugging their shoulders even when he put up great fantasy stats.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you used him bc of his achievements . . . which you now want ignored?
I didn't compare their achievements like you said I should do before I put them in the same sentence. That wasn't the point. The point is all QBs make mistakes and you can dissect them every week for every QB. You brought achievements into the conversation. Not me. I made a simple point, and you got snarky about it for some reason. That is your problem, not mine.

Enjoy your evening.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't compare their achievements like you said I should do before I put them in the same sentence. That wasn't the point. The point is all QBs make mistakes and you can dissect them every week for every QB. You brought achievements into the conversation. Not me. I made a simple point, and you got snarky about it for some reason. That is your problem, not mine.

Enjoy your evening.
You too

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree but what about Wilson if he’s the same age? Purely hypothetical obviously

This is tough because Kyler was younger at the end of last season than Russ was when he made his NFL debut.

So it's not fair to compare season for season as there was quite a big age gap.

I'd have to say Kyler. Russ at this age threw 3100 yards, he didn't pass 3500 until his 4th year. The Chicks got a lot of wins but it was really built on defense.

Kyler will probably crack 4500 in year 3.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's hilarious that this is still a thread about game balls. Murray played a transcendent first half — maybe one of the best halves of football ever. And then he farted this up in the second half:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's why people were shrugging their shoulders even when he put up great fantasy stats.

Replace the 2nd INT with the TD it should have been if not for the facemask and it looks a whole lot different though right?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson