OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the aggressiveness tbh. I get more frustrated with his 12 yard drop backs, taking sacks when he has time, and the mental errors. Red zone ints would be different.

I want Kyler to take total control of games like top QBs do. I want him to shift his players presnap to determine coverage. I want him to use the hard count to check for dummy coverages. I want him to audible. I want to see him take the 12 play drives when they are given to him. Same with the deep plays. He isn't there yet and I do get frustrated with those on the board who speak like he doesn't make mistakes. He does, but he also does things that few players in the league can do. It is just continuing to grow and develop.
This post x 10,000

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nonsense here. This was a top 10 QB performance of all time in Cardinal land

The Cardinals quarterback threw for 400 yards. He completed 80 percent of his passes, accounting for four touchdowns, two of which occurred on broken plays. He padded his lengthy highlight reel with stuff you won’t see anywhere else.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Vikings because I cannot help give credit where credit is due- that young Viking OL played their arses off today

Cardinal game ball... Jalen Thompson, for saving early TDs again and again

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nonsense here. This was a top 10 QB performance of all time in Cardinal land
That’s great if you’re just a stat junky… there were some true boneheaded plays today… We’re not saying he didn’t show some brilliance at times. But it’s not gameball worthy. Slowing down to a jog on that 3rd down was flat inexcusable.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
That’s great if you’re just a stat junky… there were some true boneheaded plays today… We’re not saying he didn’t show some brilliance at times. But it’s not gameball worthy. Slowing down to a jog on that 3rd down was flat inexcusable.
Of all the flavors to be after a win, salty is a weird choice.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can laugh Shane but there are 9 Games where an Az Cardinal threw for 400 yards. Murray is 2 of them.

Out of that...

5 wins now and 4 losses. Murray is 2 of those wins including today

Murray's 128 QB Rating against Philly and 117 rating today are #1 and #2 all time

Murray's 80% completion percentage on 400 yards is #1. #2 is 75% by Murray against Philly.

400 yards on 36 attempts ties...Kyler Murray for #1 overall

His 11.1 passing yards per attempt on 400 yards is second to....Kyler Murray at 11.3

Every QB that has thrown for 400 yards as a Cardinal has 2 Ints except Jake Plummer and Kyler Murray

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nonsense and just trying to justify bias.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can laugh Shane but there are 9 Games where an Az Cardinal threw for 400 yards. Murray is 2 of them.

Out of that...

5 wins now and 4 losses. Murray is 2 of those wins including today

Murray's 128 QB Rating against Philly and 117 rating today are #1 and #2 all time

Murray's 80% completion percentage on 400 yards is #1. #2 is 75% by Murray against Philly.

400 yards on 36 attempts ties...Kyler Murray for #1 overall

His 11.1 passing yards per attempt on 400 yards is second to....Kyler Murray at 11.3

Every QB that has thrown for 400 yards as a Cardinal has 2 Ints expect Jake Plummer and Kyler Murray
That’s great. But still doesn’t garner a game ball. All of those other games and stats youre posting are meaningless in the context of today. Was I laughing somewhere?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Its ironic to me that I feel like Kyler deserves a lot of the credit for the win, yet if we had lost much of the blame would also have fallen on him.

I will say that I feel like he put the team on his back and did enough to get the win. He had 400 yards and it was barely enough.

This game reminds me of the Dolphins game from last year. Kyler absolutely balled out, yet he had the strip-sack that led to a pick six and that's all that everyone remembers. No one remembers he had 3 TDs, 0 INTs and a QB rating of over 150. That's a lot of pressure for Kyler to carry...The pressure of feeling like you have to play perfect to win.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agree with 3rd down laziness part. QB#1 cannot have these miscues. Murray has his arms and legs function at 110% of its potential on game days. Need the head to do the same. That is the difference between being the next Manning/Brady or not.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s great. But still doesn’t garner a game ball. All of those other games and stats youre posting are meaningless in the context of today. Was I laughing somewhere?

You literally put a laughing smile on my post...

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yes this…. “In cardinal land” says it all. 2 bad ints and you guys excusing his clear half assed run where he slowed down when he could have easily got a first. We see where the bias is. I can say he had some great plays today and played well at times. But also had some real bad moments. Ones that are incredibly bad. Whose the one with the bias? and bringing up stats from past games to justify tonight?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yes this…. “In cardinal land” says it all. 2 bad ints and you guys excusing his clear half assed run where he slowed down when he could have easily got a first. We see where the bias is. I can say he had some great plays today and played well at times. But also had some real bad moments. Ones that are incredibly bad. Whose the one with the bias? and bringing up stats from past games to justify tonight?
My two cents...

A pointless argument of Glass Half Full Guy vs Glass Half Empty guy. The glass has just as much milk in it whichever way you look at it.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My two cents...

A pointless argument of Glass Half Full Guy vs Glass Half Empty guy. The glass has just as much milk in it whichever way you look at it.
100% you’re absolutely right. Better off to agree to disagree

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That’s all great and impressive. But made some epically bad decisions and dogged it when it mattered. Doesn’t warrant a game ball at all.
Yeah bad mistakes for sure, but the offense scored 34 points. I'm still surprised no one has created a thread about firing VJ for the horrible defensive play yet. Usually happens when the D is this bad.

Vikings scored 10 points off of Murray's 2 INTs, the cards D allowed them to score the rest. I had cardinals as my fantasy defense and they scored me a whopping -3. This "almost loss" shouldn't even be considered the fault of Murray. The D didn't show up in the first half as Cousins had what 3 TDs with just 130 yrds passing at the time? That's bad...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Considering the 117 QBs that have 400 yards in NFL history, where do you think 400 yards on 80% completion percentage with 11.3 Yards per attempt ,4 TDs and a win will lie?

Yes I frame a historical performance in Cardinals terms but I can go whole NFL too. It's easily top 50

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had four TDs. And over 400 yards. When did we decide this wasn't good enough for a Cardinals QB?
Nobody said it wasn’t good enough. We won it was clearly good enough. Just not worthy of a game ball in not just mine but many fans opinions. again like I said better to agree to disagree.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody said it wasn’t good enough. We won it was clearly good enough. Just not worthy of a game ball in not just mine but many fans opinions. again like I said better to agree to disagree.

So what does he have to do in your eyes to get a game ball?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA