Game balls vikes game

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Edmonds is real good on how he plays, answers and being used.

From a strategy perspective, When the Cardinals absolutely needed to get run game going (like the possession at the end of game to grind out a first down or two) can any RB on this roster be trusted? It cannot be Murray all the time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just can’t after 2 horrible INTs and and clearly dogging instead of going for that first down. Especially at a crucial point of tha game.
Yeah he is a weirdly polarizing game. No way we win without him. But that’s really a baseline rule fir this team now. But he also had tremendous brain farts today.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler. I doubt we're 2-0 without him. We're Steve Wilkes type bad without him probably. And the last 2 years we could be with Josh Rosen. So I don't want to hear any criticism of our franchise QB. :thumbup:

400 yards, 80% completions, 2 bad mistakes, but 4 combined TD's. Franchise baby!

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our defensive allowed a td on 3 of 4 drives to start game & offense still outscored vikings to end half. K1 had mistakes but that was a qb determined to give his team a chance. We never be in position to win without him. As somebody on Twitter said today "not perfect but he is amazing "

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler. I doubt we're 2-0 without him. We're Steve Wilkes type bad without him probably. And the last 2 years we could be with Josh Rosen. So I don't want to hear any criticism of our franchise QB. :thumbup:
You can still love the guy but criticize his bonehead plays. Everything isn't all lollipops and roses. But, a win is a win and Kyler was a main reason they stayed in the game and eked out a win.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

400 yards, 80% completions, 2 bad mistakes, but 4 combined TD's. Franchise baby!
3 really bad mistakes... He got some great moments and I’m thankful but a game ball no way

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 really bad mistakes... He got some great moments and I’m thankful but a game ball no way

With his third touchdown pass Sunday, Kyler Murray became the first player in NFL history with three-plus passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown in each of his team's first two games of the season.

He is 2nd in the NFL in passing yards
4th in yards per attempt
73.5% completion percentage (6th)
tied for 1st in total TDs

They discussed the first INT at length in the post game. LBer just made a great play on the ball. Nothing wrong with Kyler's throw. They actually thought it was more on Kliff running the same sets over and over so the LB knew where the ball was going.

2nd INT was definitely on Murray and he owned it post game. He felt the pressure to counter punch at all times.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The perfect description of Kyler is the TD pass to Hopkins. Kyler is protected but does a 360 in the pocket and then delivers the ball to Hopkins which was there the whole time. That wasn't a "special" play as much as it was a play he can get away with because he is so quick.

The play that was impressive was the TD to Moore. Beating the DE to the edge and then throwing the ball across your body that far and accurately is special.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The perfect description of Kyler is the TD pass to Hopkins. Kyler is protected but does a 360 in the pocket and then delivers the ball to Hopkins which was there the whole time. That wasn't a "special" play as much as it was a play he can get away with because he is so quick.

The play that was impressive was the TD to Moore. Beating the DE to the edge and then throwing the ball across your body that far and accurately is special.
On this play Hopkins just left and separated from PP, or PP just gave up on covering Hop and was caught looking into the backfield.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With his third touchdown pass Sunday, Kyler Murray became the first player in NFL history with three-plus passing touchdowns and a rushing touchdown in each of his team's first two games of the season.

He is 2nd in the NFL in passing yards
4th in yards per attempt
73.5% completion percentage (6th)
tied for 1st in total TDs

They discussed the first INT at length in the post game. LBer just made a great play on the ball. Nothing wrong with Kyler's throw. They actually thought it was more on Kliff running the same sets over and over so the LB knew where the ball was going.

2nd INT was definitely on Murray and he owned it post game. He felt the pressure to counter punch at all times.
That’s all great and impressive. But made some epically bad decisions and dogged it when it mattered. Doesn’t warrant a game ball at all.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s all great and impressive. But made some epically bad decisions and dogged it when it mattered. Doesn’t warrant a game ball at all.

He dogged it when it mattered most, like a 40 yard completion on 4th and 5 down 2 against an all out blitz.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose