Gambo

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
My biggest issue/ red flag with Chriss is his complete lack of awareness. I have never seen a player with such low basketball IQ. Bender gives me hope in that he understands where he needs to rotate, where he needs to be. Everything is still happening a little too quickly for him, but he knows what he needs to do. On the flip-side, his lack of confidence is a huge red flag.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did slin get banned again already? I didn't see anything from him that was worthy of another cooling off period. Something must have happened because his favorite boy Chriss is coming under attack and he's not leaping to his defense...

I'm not aware of him being banned. Maybe he came back to discuss the draft. His last post was June 22nd.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did slin get banned again already? I didn't see anything from him that was worthy of another cooling off period. Something must have happened because his favorite boy Chriss is coming under attack and he's not leaping to his defense...
Mention Bender being better and more useful than Chriss and he’ll come flying in...

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At least the Suns wouldn't have to give up any assets to get him and in a way he returns home as the Suns drafted and traded him in the 2006 draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mention Bender being better and more useful than Chriss and he’ll come flying in...

I can understand not liking either player. I find it difficult to understand how somebody could support either one but not the other.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not to my knowlege

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At least the Suns wouldn't have to give up any assets to get him and in a way he returns home as the Suns drafted and traded him in the 2006 draft.
With the way he talked about the Suns last season, I’m not sure it would be right move to bring him in. I think it sends the wrong message to the current players on the roster.

And this is what I’m referring to btw;

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the way he talked about the Suns last season, I’m not sure it would be right move to bring him in. I think it sends the wrong message to the current players on the roster.

Rondo is not at the top of my list. Hopefully the Suns would resolve any issues if they were serious about him. It seems most players have warts but I have never been a fan.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rondo is not at the top of my list. Hopefully the Suns would resolve any issues if they were serious about him. It seems most players have warts but I have never been a fan.
He’s too strong a personality for my tastes (for this young a team). Otherwise he’s almost exactly what I’d want. Plays hard. Good defense. Good distributor.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s too strong a personality for my tastes (for this young a team). Otherwise he’s almost exactly what I’d want. Plays hard. Good defense. Good distributor.

I feel the same as you, play style, he's a perfect fit, could probably be had at a bargain price given his skills. However, he's a fiery dude who seems like he needs to right kind of coach for him to excel. The 5 teams in 5 seasons thing is a sign that he has struggled to work with others.

But on the other end... I was watching a playoff game and the announcers were talking about how they think Rondo is going to make a great coach one day... given his rep around the league it blew my mind.

Edit: There are quite a few articles on the topic.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/04/2...eneral-manager-and-i-want-to-be-a-head-coach/

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I feel the same as you, play style, he's a perfect fit, could probably be had at a bargain price given his skills. However, he's a fiery dude who seems like he needs to right kind of coach for him to excel. The 5 teams in 5 seasons thing is a sign that he has struggled to work with others.

But on the other end... I was watching a playoff game and the announcers were talking about how they think Rondo is going to make a great coach one day... given his rep around the league it blew my mind.

Edit: There are quite a few articles on the topic.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/04/2...eneral-manager-and-i-want-to-be-a-head-coach/
Wow. That’s eye opening. I’ll rethink my position.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whoever the Suns go after at PG, he needs to be able to pass the ball inside to Ayton and distribute the ball. I'm willing to consider anyone who can do this. The fact the Suns are reportedly considering Rondo is interesting in itself.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever the Suns go after at PG, he needs to be able to pass the ball inside to Ayton and distribute the ball. I'm willing to consider anyone who can do this. The fact the Suns are reportedly considering Rondo is interesting in itself.

Elfrid Payton can make the entry pass and distribute the ball. Just saying.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If we had a stronger veteran leader then I'd be ok with Rondo but Chandler hasn't proven to be that for us and all though I like Dudley, he hasn't earned anyone's respect with his playing. If we get Rondo, I want to see them go after Channing Frye. All reports seem to indicate he was a huge piece of holding the Cavs together before he was traded and part of the reason they traded away half of the team was because Frye was moved and without him they needed to shed as many personalities as they could. I know they were a mess before Frye was traded but they were still winning. Channing has a history with the Suns and may come cheap. I don't think Frye has played with Rondo, but he is a respected veteran who could help keep the locker room in order while also providing 15 minutes of decent play as a stretch big.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

I don't like Rondo but he was right. It is lame to hang conference titles.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Considering what's out there, cost and need...i'd like to see a Rondo pick up. I'm pretty sure i was his only fan on this board after he entered the league and was good at everything except shooting.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. That’s eye opening. I’ll rethink my position.
Me too. I think this team needs a strong vet leader. Ayton is strong personality. You do not want a 19 year old running the whole team right away.

Rondo may be convinced if he knows he is walking into a starting job. He can prove his coaching chops mentoring Okobo. Elie can already shoot, but could work on D and passing.

I would throw our whole $20 million at him in a one year deal and call it done. If we want a forward, trade for him. Mirotic would be interesting. His stats are not stellar but his teams really do well when he plays.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Considering what's out there, cost and need...i'd like to see a Rondo pick up. I'm pretty sure i was his only fan on this board after he entered the league and was good at everything except shooting.
Oh no, i loved him coming outta Kentucky. I was stoked when we drafted him and heartbroken when I found out it was just to trade away his rights.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Oh no, i loved him coming outta Kentucky. I was stoked when we drafted him and heartbroken when I found out it was just to trade away his rights.

I was excited about Sergio too even though he never amounted to anything. Learning from Nash might’ve helped him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elfrid Payton can make the entry pass and distribute the ball. Just saying.

I like Payton the player.

However, I think his unwillingness to make changes early on hurt his chances to make the roster. Payton never seemed to embrace other players on the roster from what I can tell, Warren being the exception.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we had a stronger veteran leader then I'd be ok with Rondo but Chandler hasn't proven to be that for us and all though I like Dudley, he hasn't earned anyone's respect with his playing. If we get Rondo, I want to see them go after Channing Frye. All reports seem to indicate he was a huge piece of holding the Cavs together before he was traded and part of the reason they traded away half of the team was because Frye was moved and without him they needed to shed as many personalities as they could. I know they were a mess before Frye was traded but they were still winning. Channing has a history with the Suns and may come cheap. I don't think Frye has played with Rondo, but he is a respected veteran who could help keep the locker room in order while also providing 15 minutes of decent play as a stretch big.

I will pass on Changing Frye. The funny thing, I think he was underrated as a player, but I did not think he was worth the money the Magic paid him.

The Suns have too much dead wood already in Dudley and a player past his prime in Chandler.

I will leave the decision about Rondo to the Suns front office. Unless he has changed, it sounds a bit risky.