Gambo

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't name him, but McD said that "Bridges' teammate" was on the board or something like that.

This is very close.

IIRC, McDonough didn't want to name names but when asked about it (if the Suns stayed at #16), he said he liked Villanova players. That's as close to saying DiVincenzo as one can get.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the rule you never trade a big for a small?

Yeah but that rule is so outdated. Not that I'd make that trade but it's not because of size. I don't want Beverley.

The guy cheated his way through college (until he was caught and forced out), cheap shots regularly in the NBA, misses more games than just about any other player, and he's just weeks from turning 30 as he recovers from micro-fracture surgery and a meniscus repair. Sorry. Do not want him in any way shape or form. If we don't want Chriss, dump him. But don't pay for Patrick, just set the extra money on fire and enjoy watching it burn.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That said, Gambo is still a blowhard. Putting out there talks with the Clippers about a Beverley for Chriss trade...

I haven't lost confidence in Gambo concerning the Suns. There was a scramble concerning the Bridges trade but the trade wasn't consummated until the final seconds.

That said, I have not heard him talk about a Beverley for Chriss trade. If he did indicate this is a possibility, I wouldn't discard it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id do it in a heartbeat

I'd love that trade for us. I want a pick in return with Bevery coming off an injury.

Chriss might be the single dumbest player I've ever seen. His attitude was trash from day one last year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love that trade for us. I want a pick in return with Bevery coming off an injury.

Chriss might be the single dumbest player I've ever seen. His attitude was trash from day one last year.

I hope it is a pick coming the Suns way and not the other way around.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hope it is a pick coming the Suns way and not the other way around.
Man it would have to be considering age injury and contract. But given mcds trade history I’ll bet we send an unprotected pick as a sweetener cuz, we’ll everyine keeps saying time to cash all our chips in . . .

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man it would have to be considering age injury and contract. But given mcds trade history I’ll bet we send an unprotected pick as a sweetener cuz, we’ll everyine keeps saying time to cash all our chips in . . .

There was something to be said for the thrifty McDonough doing trades. I can understand the Bridges trade but if he starts throwing around picks for mediocre talent I will start to worry.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what was Beverly's injury?

Not sure what the injury was but he had surgery to repair his meniscus and just under microfracture surgery. So it's questionable at what point he'll be able to play this upcoming season. He did miss almost all of last year but microfracture is tricky, he could miss the majority of this season also and he'll be 30 before the calendar year changes, which makes him less appealing. Here's a link to his wiki that discusses his surgeries.

I initially thought he played a lot more this season. I haven't been for or against acquiring him. I know Dudley tweeted support when someone suggested we try to acquire him. I knew microfracture has been mentioned but I didn't realize it took place last November. I thought that happened prior to last season. No thanks.

I can't recall the last player who had microfracture surgery other than Beverly. I'm sure someone else has had it done since Stoudemire but I'm not sure who.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Didn’t Amare come back for 2-3 games in 06’ and he had no explosiveness? Yeah i just don’t see it considering how much Beverly relies on lateral quickness.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Didn’t Amare come back for 2-3 games in 06’ and he had no explosiveness? Yeah i just don’t see it considering how much Beverly relies on lateral quickness.
I believe there have been more successful micro fracture stories since amare. And it has been 12 years during which medicine seems to advance. But yeah, as a suns fan micro is a concern.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's the risk you run when you hire a teenaged kid to represent your corporation. He's still underaged and may develop further. This sad state of the NBA draft makes it impossible to know what you are really doing. All these kids should be juniors in college.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's the risk you run when you hire a teenaged kid to represent your corporation. He's still underaged and may develop further. This sad state of the NBA draft makes it impossible to know what you are really doing. All these kids should be juniors in college.

And they're getting rid of the 1 and done system, returning to the high school prospects jumping to the league. I think it will be more prevalent than before and it'll only damage the quality of play. The 1 and done wasn't a perfect system by any means but it was a start. I wish they had at least tried a 2 year requirement so we could see the effect on the quality of play. Instead it's going the other way, abolishing the restrictions and they won't get that back negotiating any time soon. They should have help off and used that as a bargaining chip in the next CBA negotiation.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chriss has to be one of our worst picks ever. Attitude and style it's horrible
The worst part is that we traded up to get him. And gave up the rights to Bogdan Bogdanovic who shot over 40% from 3 on high volume for the Kings and is still only 25 years old.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The worst part is that we traded up to get him. And gave up the rights to Bogdan Bogdanovic who shot over 40% from 3 on high volume for the Kings and is still only 25 years old.
Geez you just reminded me. God I didn't think I could dislike Chriss anymore.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chriss showed up out of shape last year but he isn't near the catastrophe he is being made out to be. Towards the end of the season he was actually playing pretty well, as was Bender.

Hopefully they can carry their momentum over. I'd like to see each of them with competent coaching and decent guard play before throwing them to the curb, but to be honest, I have more hope for Chriss than Bender. Bender is passive, extremely so, and it's something that rarely changes.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Did slin get banned again already? I didn't see anything from him that was worthy of another cooling off period. Something must have happened because his favorite boy Chriss is coming under attack and he's not leaping to his defense...