Gambo apparently says: "Suns desperate to move JRich"

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Apparently he wrote that in an e-mail response.

Not much news however I would say, the way Richardson has played since coming here hasn't blown away anyone I guess.

There were some other rumors a week ago or so that Richardson and Barbosa could be traded for TMac's expiring contract.

Moving JRich alone for expiring contracts would only give us enough cap to sign a max player if we don't resign Amare. Moving JRich and Barbosa should allow us to possibly sign a max FA and keep Amare and Nash.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not much news however I would say, the way Richardson has played since coming here hasn't blown away anyone I guess.

There were some other rumors a week ago or so that Richardson and Barbosa could be traded for TMac's expiring contract.

Moving JRich alone for expiring contracts would only give us enough cap to sign a max player if we don't resign Amare. Moving JRich and Barbosa should allow us to possibly sign a max FA and keep Amare and Nash.

This would be a huge mistake IMO. JRich has played very well out of the gate this season. He has had a slump as of late but I think he has played much better this season. Now to top it off you want Barbs to be part of some trade?

How many times must we watch the Suns mortgage the future by "being so desperate" that they trade a future pick or some of our talent just to move a contract?

Screw that. No more. I would hang on to him. Worst case scenario, if the Suns really want to move him then you lay in the bed you made. You trade him and cut the player you traded him for and live with it. Trade Barbs just to move JRich? No frackin way.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

I like the thought of that but which max guy would want to come to the land of no D?

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
I hope it's true. As much as I criticized JRich last season, he's even worse this season. There's no need to point it out anymore, because I feel like now everyone is well aware (unfortuately so for the sake of potential trades) that he's just not that good. Has he hit a 3 pointer since November ended? It sure doesn't seem like it if he did.

I definitely don't want to see Barbosa moved just to get rid of JRich though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I hope it's true. As much as I criticized JRich last season, he's even worse this season. There's no need to point it out anymore, because I feel like now everyone is well aware (unfortuately so for the sake of potential trades) that he's just not that good. Has he hit a 3 pointer since November ended? It sure doesn't seem like it if he did.

That is simply not true. JRich has been a lot better this season than last. Maybe not good enough to Suns fans, but certainly better. There were people still preferring Diaw and Bell over him last season. And he is much better than both those guys.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like the thought of that but which max guy would want to come to the land of no D?

None, but it was mentioned once that the Suns want to go after Wade, so he would likely be their target. However, most analysts think Wade would stay in Miami or go to Chicago.

Bosh would not make much sense unless Amare left (and Wade or Lebron came here).

Why would Lebron come to Phoenix?

A more realistic outcome would be to salary dump Richardson, sign David Lee in the off season and lose Amare. That sounds more like the Suns I know.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A more realistic outcome would be to salary dump Richardson, sign David Lee in the off season and lose Amare. That sounds more like the Suns I know.

Well, I'm sure that's frustration talking (understandably) but even with the handful of really bad moves they've made over the last few years I just don't think there's anything in the Suns track record that would suggest they'd be quite that stupid. They will do everything they can to get fair value for Amare and to a lesser extent Richardson.

Steve

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In order to trade J-Rich you don't necessarily have to get rid of a player like LB to do it. PHX just has to find a team in need of salary cap relief with a player that is locked in for more than 2 years which would make J-Rich's contract look sensible.

Teams like:

NO - Okafor's contract is pretty large for a lot of years

GS - Corey Maggette is a contract GS is trying to get out of

DET - Charlie V was benched recently for Jonas Jerebko for good reason, Jerebko is a stud. With Daye entrenched at SF, Charlie is an expensive bench player

NJ - Devin Harris has not been playing well this year after receiving a huge extension, probably mailed it in like the rest of the Nets.

This is assuming we don't trade Amare.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I definitely don't want to see Barbosa moved just to get rid of JRich though.

That is simply not true. JRich has been a lot better this season than last. Maybe not good enough to Suns fans, but certainly better. There were people still preferring Diaw and Bell over him last season. And he is much better than both those guys.

Completely agree Chap. Let's not also forget that the offense doesn't even go through JRich and sometimes the Suns still relegate him to a 3 point shooter. One thing I have noticed is that JRich is attempting to drive to the bucket much more this season.

If anything has been put to rest is that this team misses Diaw or Bell. Neither one of those guys would be helping this team anyway.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Youre not gonna get anything in return for J-Rich besides trash.

No one wants our trash.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I really don't get why people dislike Richardson so much.
He is what he is- a very good role player. He is a good shooter, takes the ball inside every now and then, rebounds well for a shooting guard. He is somewhat inconsistent and he is an average defender.
He is not a star, he is just a good shooting guard who is a 3rd or 4th option on this team. He is overpaid, of course, but so is Amare.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
He is what he is- a very good role player. He is a good shooter, takes the ball inside every now and then, rebounds well for a shooting guard. He is somewhat inconsistent and he is an average defender.
He is not a star, he is just a good shooting guard who is a 3rd or 4th option on this team. He is overpaid, of course, but so is Amare.

Overpaid is the key word. Like you said he is a role player on a good team. Role player should get role player money, J-Rich obviously isn't. But on the Suns he is a liability. If the Suns can move him it would be appropriate. You have a group of guys who are championship caliber players and guys like J-Rich does not fit the bill.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overpaid is the key word. Like you said he is a role player on a good team. Role player should get role player money, J-Rich obviously isn't. But on the Suns he is a liability. If the Suns can move him it would be appropriate. You have a group of guys who are championship caliber players and guys like J-Rich does not fit the bill.

He is a role player on this team because he is not the 1st or 2nd option on offense. You make him the 1st option, he has proven in this league he can get it done. In fact, I would be interested to see what would happen if JRich was option 1, then everybody else came after.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Reckless Driving

DUI

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3515/gamelog;_ylt=AqCERNIcBFjbPWS00FSDahCQPKB4

11 games of 10 or less points by him. Call him invisible man. 6 games of 5 points or less.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is complete cherry picking and weak slinslin. You really want to go there? I could post about 10 times as many bone headed plays by Amare.

Every shooter in the NBA goes through a slump. Besides, the Suns need to stop relegating him to a 3 point shooter. At the start of the year he was playing like the best SG in the league because it was the first time I had seen the Suns use him correctly. Why that has changed? I have no clue.

FAIL.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Reckless Driving

DUI

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3515/gamelog;_ylt=AqCERNIcBFjbPWS00FSDahCQPKB4

11 games of 10 or less points by him. Call him invisible man. 6 games of 5 points or less.

Unbelievable. You really had to search for those Youtube videos, huh?

I love how you tear EVERYONE except Amare down every second you can and come up with utterly ridiculous trade scenarios that make no sense for the other team. OKC giving up 3 players and a draft pick for Amare? Yeah right.

Did it occur to you at least once, that the reason nobody wants to trade for Amare or JRich is because they see their shortcomings (mainly their contracts) just as much as we do? Good lord, why is it that it's so easy for you to throw out trade after trade but nothing happens? I guess it's because you're smarter than a real NBA GM. Yeah, that must be it.

A trade has to be good for both teams, not only on the court, but financially as well. With 2010 shaping up to be a blockbuster summer, nobody is going to want to trade for a big contract that lasts beyond that, and that includes JRich, and possibly Amare.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It is 2 players, Harpring and Thomas btw both who play no minutes. How exactly is that ridiculous.

Oklahoma would most likely jump on that deal by the way as they are talking about basically the same deal with Chris Bosh but giving up Krstic and Green instead of Harpring.

If you didn't realize it I can't stand the team that we have right now.

People dislike Jason Richardson because he came here with high expectations, but has underachieved and to top it off he has been a ******* on and off the court on occasions.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J-Rich is far from untradeable, but it's hard to imagine trading him would be a basketball decision. You may not like him, but finding someone who would be equally productive without giving up other productive players would have to be a deal in which Kerr owned incriminating photos of another GM.

Trading him for cap space at this point, might as well blow up the team. It's hard to find athletic 2-guards with his size. He's not a great defender, but he's still better than what the Suns would throw out there otherwise.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You have a group of guys who are championship caliber players and guys like J-Rich does not fit the bill.

???? Who on earth on the Suns do you see as "championship caliber" to any meaningful degree?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If you're saying JRich is a bad player because he gets abused by LBJ then there is only one good player in the NBA.