FX

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FX is expanding into the world of TV series. They started with "The Shield" which I really like. A well put together show and since they can be a little freer since it is a cable station, the cussing does add to the overall show. It isn't like they do it all the time but it does add a touch of realism that "NYPD Blue" always probably wanted.

Their newest offering is called "Lucky" starring John Corbett. Another very good show (2 episodes have aired thus far). The characters are hilarious and quite eccentric and again they have a freedom being on cable to make things work. No coincidence that the cast of characters on "Lucky" reminds me of the quirkiness found on "Northern Exposure" another Corbett show.

They are advertising their newest upcoming show called "Nip/Tuck" about some plastic surgeons which looks to be another great offering. I like that cable TV is getting into the TV series since they do have more freedom than network TV.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34

Their newest offering is called "Lucky" starring John Corbett. Another very good show (2 episodes have aired thus far). The characters are hilarious and quite eccentric and again they have a freedom being on cable to make things work. No coincidence that the cast of characters on "Lucky" reminds me of the quirkiness found on "Northern Exposure" another Corbett show.

Lucky sounds good - been a fan of Corbett since "Northern Exposure"

BTW - has that come out on DVD yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard