Funny reaction to Rodger's and Matthew's post-game whining from their natural enemy:

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...nals-overtime-rosenbloom-20160119-column.html

Sorry, but arguing for a guaranteed set of downs in overtime is just weak. It enables the best players in the world to avoid being responsible for playing defense at the most critical point of the game.

Let’s just give them juice boxes and participation trophies, OK? Best part is, the Bears proposed a rule change last year that would’ve guaranteed each team a possession in overtime no matter what, but the Packers, who lost to Seattle on the first possession last year the way they lost to Arizona last week, voted against it. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

But wait. There’s more Packers misery, and we always have room for more Packers misery.

Aaron Rodgers came off whining about the overtime coin flip.

Rodgers yelled that the coin didn’t flip and sounded mad later when he wasn’t given the chance to call it again.

But if there was no flip the way Rodgers screeched at the time, then there was no need for a new call by Rodgers.

And by the way, the coin did not have to be flipped again. According to the NFL, there is no rule requiring a coin to orbit. Referee Clete Blakeman could’ve gone with the result of the original flip/non-flip.

But if all of those events make the Packers sound whiny after getting lucky to even get to overtime, then it must be extra painful to have their season end that way. I’m good with that. Are you good with that? Show of hands of everybody who’s good with that.

But if the Packers want new overtime rules, here’s one:

No team that lost to the Bears is allowed to whine.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Awesome. There is zero reason for the Packers to be whining about anything. They shouldn't have even gotten another flip and we won twice.

It's a shame that Aaron couldn't just be satisfied that he had done his part and his defense let him down when it mattered most. I guess you cant hold anyone wearing puke yellow/green accountible since apparently everyone in Wisconsin is a victim, so you have to blame the officials, the rules and the coin.

Ulitimate weaksauce. I bet everytime Aaron gets killed in an online game he immediately says; "Oh man I was lagging!" (possibly only BRR will get that joke, but it's fine :)

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The funny thing is that I know a lot of Packers fans, and nary a single one of them has whined about the coin or the OT rules. They all knew they got lucky at the end of regulation. My one buddy who goes into bouts of depression regularly when the packers lose didn't even complain. He was just stoked he got to watch a great game, and for a brief second, be the most hated man in the bar.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
2/3 of their team saw the field but because Rodgers doesn't it's an issue... Wouldn't be a story if let's say Alex smith didn't get a chance.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Awesome. There is zero reason for the Packers to be whining about anything. They shouldn't have even gotten another flip and we won twice.

It's a shame that Aaron couldn't just be satisfied that he had done his part and his defense let him down when it mattered most. I guess you cant hold anyone wearing puke yellow/green accountible since apparently everyone in Wisconsin is a victim, so you have to blame the officials, the rules and the coin.

Ulitimate weaksauce. I bet everytime Aaron gets killed in an online game he immediately says; "Oh man I was lagging!" (possibly only BRR will get that joke, but it's fine :)

Well, being in WI, he's probably still using Prodigy...

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I watched the whining and thought how cool it would be if you could reach through the TV screen and offer them your cell phone to call 1-800-CRY-BABY !!!!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It wasn't until the past month or so I realized what a child Clay Matthews is. Ugh.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Great article. If I was a Packer fan, I'd be raging at their defense.

Yeah, it took us 3 plays to score a TD and win in OT. But yeah, it's all the coins fault. lol

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just think it was funny that Rogers didn't say anything until he saw it was heads. Had it been tails he'd be hightailing it out of there.

Lambeau

Veteran
Reaction score
No whining from most of us and I am sorry about some of our players whining. Your the better team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn