From the Earth to the Moon

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Attention friends. Probably my 2nd favorite HBO miniseries of all time has been remastered, and reformatted for the Apollo 11 anniversary.

Tomorrow on HBO (starting around 8am) they are running all 12 episodes back to back. Set your DVR's!

This 12-hour HBO miniseries created by Tom Hanks garnered 17 Emmy nominations and captivated audiences. From the early stages of the space program and Kennedy's 1961 call to reach the moon within a decade to the successes and heartbreaking failures of the race for space, the dream was kept alive by dedicated, daring professionals and a nation intent on reaching for -- and landing amid -- the stars, all while the world faced the Vietnam War.

https://www.hbo.com/from-the-earth-to-the-moon

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Would it be on demand on HBO go?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to re-watch this series almost 10 years ago only to discover that the set of DVD's I'd purchased a decade earlier were poorly made and failing. It's well behind Band of Brothers for me but still, it's probably my second favorite mini-series from any of the pay channels.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Would it be on demand on HBO go?
Yes

I tried to re-watch this series almost 10 years ago only to discover that the set of DVD's I'd purchased a decade earlier were poorly made and failing. It's well behind Band of Brothers for me but still, it's probably my second favorite mini-series from any of the pay channels.

Did you see that the entire series was remastered this year? Similar to what they did with "The Wire" recently.

I got new Blu-Ray's and it came with the vudu digital codes for less than $35 IIRC.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see that the entire series was remastered this year? Similar to what they did with "The Wire" recently.

I got new Blu-Ray's and it came with the vudu digital codes for less than $35 IIRC.

I looked into buying it a few days ago but the reviews I read on the job they did remastering it was not at all encouraging. I can't remember too many remastered titles that were reviewed as negatively as the comments I read on this release. They especially complained about all the added CGI.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I looked into buying it a few days ago but the reviews I read on the job they did remastering it was not at all encouraging. I can't remember too many remastered titles that were reviewed as negatively as the comments I read on this release. They especially complained about all the added CGI.
Interesting...... I was good with it. :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson