Friday Night Lights

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have all of this season's episodes to date still on TIVO? The son of a friend of mine is in Afganistan, and is missing his Friday Night Lights Fix....

A DVD of them would be greatly appreciated.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The team mascot??

Man, that was freaking COLD.

New coach is an SOB...I have a feeling he won't be giving up his job without a fight. Also it seems like Smash won't be happy to see Coach T back.

Julie Taylor is an idiot BTW.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New coach is an SOB...I have a feeling he won't be giving up his job without a fight. Also it seems like Smash won't be happy to see Coach T back.

Coach T is as big of an idiot as his ***** of a daughter if he quit his job on Buddy's freaking word. I am NOT feeling that plot device if that is where they are going (as the previews suggest). Coach T is NOT that stupid...just like Landry isn't so stupid as to not call his pops to get him out of the dead man jam.

They are playing fast and loose with the motivation of characters so far. Not liking that. The show still rocks, but damn it...you have GREAT characters so don't make them into blithering IDIOTS!!! That's two strikes now. Don't go down looking at a third!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
D-dogg I think Coach T will be making the decision for his family which is falling apart rather than the job. Its TV man gotta have some sort of drama. Coach T is was makes this show, he IMHO makes the show good, without him or much of him it was heading downhill fast.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-dogg I think Coach T will be making the decision for his family which is falling apart rather than the job. Its TV man gotta have some sort of drama. Coach T is was makes this show, he IMHO makes the show good, without him or much of him it was heading downhill fast.

I get that...but Coach T knows not to trust Buddy.

And you NEVER quit a job until you sign the contract with the new one. It seems they are making it out that he up and quit and is now jobless.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Coach T is as big of an idiot as his ***** of a daughter if he quit his job on Buddy's freaking word. I am NOT feeling that plot device if that is where they are going (as the previews suggest). Coach T is NOT that stupid...just like Landry isn't so stupid as to not call his pops to get him out of the dead man jam.

They are playing fast and loose with the motivation of characters so far. Not liking that. The show still rocks, but damn it...you have GREAT characters so don't make them into blithering IDIOTS!!! That's two strikes now. Don't go down looking at a third!

I know where you are coming from, and Matt trying to take down Smash after the last game seemed out of character for me too.

Doesn't make me enjoy it less. Once Coach T comes back to coaching Dillon most of us will probably forget how he got his job back in the first place and just enjoy his return.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm not feeling the whole Street & Riggins in Mexico thing, also doesn't it seem funny that nobody on the team seemed to wonder where Riggins was? Unless I missed that.

Also they wrapped the whole Julie & Swede thing up quciker than I expected. I'm surprised Coach T or Mrs T didn't go through the roof Swede is what 21 and Julie a sophomore in HS?? They handled a lot better than most parents I know would have.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they didn't make Coach T into a complete idiot.

He does have a tendancy to put too much trust into Buddy, so the way that all shook out was in Coach T's character. He didn't quit just because Buddy said it would be there, but because Buddy told him it was a done deal, he was fired that day, etc. Subtle difference, to me.

Old Hardass Coach is going to get on with a school in the state, meet Coach T at State and kick the Panthers' ass. This will set up the town for a "we should have kept the other guy" hatred for Coach T because they are a "what have you done for me lately" lot. Just a hunch.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the show is rounding out nicely and the donald needs to be a little happier - coach T only came when he thought it was a done deal and planned on a having a couple weeks to ease his way back in (when it would be verified done) - instead he ended up in dillon potentially jobless, but it all shook out - buddy has reasserted himself as the main dillon booster as well

landry is starting to use his top head a little and think the way that we all know he can - however, he's looking at a grade A piece that he's been chasing for years - that can be influential to any teenage boy, regardless of how smart and rational they are

i also agree that the other coach will land in TX and this year take them down - maybe not even as far as state though - i hope if they do it they do it earlier after the voodoo state showdown last year

riggins basically quit on the team and his conflict with the coach - i don't think anyone there really relies on him for much - he would also be fairly incommunicado from the coaching circus

i like how the characters evolve and they make no one really infalible - even coach T had to take a second to reflect on how him coming back to a job he willingly left in order to save his family put strain on a guys family in the coaching fraternity

good stuff

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the show is rounding out nicely and the donald needs to be a little happier - coach T only came when he thought it was a done deal and planned on a having a couple weeks to ease his way back in (when it would be verified done) - instead he ended up in dillon potentially jobless, but it all shook out - buddy has reasserted himself as the main dillon booster as well

landry is starting to use his top head a little and think the way that we all know he can - however, he's looking at a grade A piece that he's been chasing for years - that can be influential to any teenage boy, regardless of how smart and rational they are

i also agree that the other coach will land in TX and this year take them down - maybe not even as far as state though - i hope if they do it they do it earlier after the voodoo state showdown last year

riggins basically quit on the team and his conflict with the coach - i don't think anyone there really relies on him for much - he would also be fairly incommunicado from the coaching circus

i like how the characters evolve and they make no one really infalible - even coach T had to take a second to reflect on how him coming back to a job he willingly left in order to save his family put strain on a guys family in the coaching fraternity

good stuff

Agreed. I'm very happy with the show and Coach T wasn't made into a dorkface.

Still not liking the landry storyline but everything else is stellar as usual.

luvstobowl

Registered
Reaction score

She's just a typical teenage girl

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
It's gettin good. Smash and Riggins will get put back in place. Landry and Tyra, I just don't know what they're gonna do anymore, I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about the idea and now I wanna know how it's gonna pan out

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Landry look like a younger, uglier, blonde Matt Damon to anybody? One of my attendants pointed that out, and now I can't stop seeing it.

I like the way it's going now. I swore to my friends the other day that if Streets walks after his surgery I would stop watching the show. Looks now like the doctor is a ripoff artist, and Riggans will be the one to confront him about it and dash his dreams.

luvstobowl

Registered
Reaction score
It's gettin good. Smash and Riggins will get put back in place. Landry and Tyra, I just don't know what they're gonna do anymore, I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about the idea and now I wanna know how it's gonna pan out

It showed in next weeks preview that Landry's dad is gonna tell Tyra to stop hanging out with his son.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
great episode

much respect to whomever called it about landry getting some game

i really enjoy this show - "are you back in the saddle?"

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with everyone, great episode...loved the Landry part in the game...good to see good stuff happening to him. Tore my heart though when Tyra said what she did to him..."look in a mirror"...ouch.

The coach and his wife part was excellent.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Looks like Landry is going to confess.
I like how they're introducing new characters so when the current ones graduate they won't miss too much.
I'm alittle creeped out by the Julie/Noah (teacher) thing

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, little miss julie has a thing for the older guys..but that teacher kind of creeps on me.

I want to see Santiago do good but you just know something is going to pop.

Matt and the hot live in help = :thumbup: That was waaay obvious from the first scene with her but good for Matt. He's QB1 damn it...he gets what he wants.

Smash wasn't wrong to turn down that school..I mean, he's not going pro most likely but there's a difference in not going pro because you weren't good enough and not going pro because you went to a place where nobody will watch you play.

Coach T is a badass.

How many episodes of FNL are left (written)?

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
I am surprised matt would cheat on his hot cheerleader girlfriend with the caregiver but o well there both hot. cant wait to see what happens when landry confesses. Great show!

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
you didnt see that coming?

I saw it coming especially when she was teaching him how to dance i knew something between them was going to happen. I just Dont get why he would cheat on his girlfriend and create unnecessary tension in his house that he has to deal with now. I also didnt really see matt as the kind of person that would cheat after being cheated on himself. I can already see jullie making a move on her teacher and her teacher rejecting her.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn