Free Agency Rumors

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in Pro Bowls to be honest. It's a popularity contest, nothing to do with talent.

People just vote for names they recognize. I reckon you could get a Pro Bowl spot with a social media campaign and a catchy name, like Zebedee Orangutan.

Or if you can have a couple of decent years as a rookie as Trai Turner did (79 grade in year 2, 72 grade either side) you can ride that to a number of pro Bowls. This is called the Patrick Peterson phenomenon.

Outside his first 3 years he's been a 60's guy then trash last year.
Zedeebee Orangutan! Hilarious! I can see Keim reading this board and frantically trying to gather information on him. However you have to add he’s an aging veteran with a history of injuries! Lol!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeez. Pats really going for it.

I hope those TE's can catch passes thrown into the ground 4ft away from them.
They had the most money to spend & Buffalo looks like a legit power for years to come. It all makes perfect sense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeez. Pats really going for it.

I hope those TE's can catch passes thrown into the ground 4ft away from them.

Rarely a franchise has been successful spending huge money in free agency
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kareem Hunt incoming...

Joking of course

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not sure how accurate that is. I'm just looking at Kugler's NFL career as an O line coach and drafted players.

2009 - Eric Wood - Started 10 games at C
2011 - Marcus Gilbert - Started 13 games at tackle
2012 - David Decastro - Was badly hurt in pre season. Started the final 3 games when recovered.
2012 - Mike Adams - Started 6 games and was benched for being garbage. Washed out in 4 years.

That's it. There was the odd 6th or 7th rounder but you wouldn't expect them to be starting.

It doesn't seem to me that Kugler has any problem with rookies starting.
Well. The info provided was from Kugler's mouth so...I get that it can happen, but he has shared that he thinks it takes about 3 or 4 years in the league to get settled.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i wasnt crazy about the player -- but i wonder if this kicks off a run on CBs

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. The info provided was from Kugler's mouth so...I get that it can happen, but he has shared that he thinks it takes about 3 or 4 years in the league to get settled.

Honestly I would never hire a coach who thinks he need 3/4 years to develop a player

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd really like to see P2 move on. I think it's time for both sides. But also FA CB market is more barren than the Grand Canyon so part of me also wouldn't mind him staying short term for the right price.

I think odds are he moves on.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ahh well then both things can be true. You can start rookies and still think it takes a few years to truly grasp it fully.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd really like to see P2 move on. I think it's time for both sides. But also FA CB market is more barren than the Grand Canyon so part of me also wouldn't mind him staying short term for the right price.

I think odds are he moves on.

KC and Tampa?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please no. I wasn't a fan pre draft and he's only proven not up to it. Unless it's super cheap like a pick swap and 6th. I could live with that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good, lot of money for the position considering our usage of tigh ends
I wasn’t understanding the pursuit of Henry, but I’m chuckling at all the posts applauding us losing out on top players we pursued for cost savings. I hope Cap Savings can score touchdowns or has a high run blocking grade!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Please no. I wasn't a fan pre draft and he's only proven not up to it. Unless it's super cheap like a pick swap and 6th. I could live with that.

better be inconsequential draft capital

and -- im curious how NE tried to use him

at ASU -- Harry was a vertical route runner who snagged 50/50 balls

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we see little action from Keim over the next couple of days.

With the cap situation being what it is there's going to be a bunch of teams that take themselves out of the market with early deals and there is going to be a lot of good talent left standing when the music stops and nowhere near enough chairs to go around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson