Free Agency Rumors

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rams paying 14, mil a year Floyd, too much money... Reddick can definitely ask more

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trei Turner is a very athletic guard, can fit our offense, still 27, 5th time pro bowler

Samuel and Weatherspoon 25, years old., both with great upside
Jamaal Williams, versatile back with fresh tyres
How many of them you betting we will sign?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trei Turner is a very athletic guard, can fit our offense, still 27, 5th time pro bowler

If the Chargers’ OLine was willing to let him go, then......

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Chargers’ OLine was willing to let him go, then......

Yes some doubts can raise but just one so/so year can't change what he, has done in the previous 4 years
Sometime some marriage can't just work
And the guy is relative young

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Yes some doubts can raise but just one so/so year can't change what he, has done in the previous 4 years
Sometime some marriage can't just work
And the guy is relative young

It also saved them over ten million against the cap. We’ve seen a few highly paid lineman cut and I think in most cases it’s been because of the cap decrease and not their play skill.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Trai was shockingly bad last year for the Chargers. He might be able to bounce back, but I won't be surprised to see him get a prove it type deal.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You might be right Cheese...

our big moves may be done with Watt.

Mike Davis RB
Breshad Perriman WR
Matt Prater K
Some average CBs
Keep Markus Golden

Man, that is an uninspiring list...aren't we supposed to have a stacked team with our QB on his rookie contract?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that is an uninspiring list...aren't we supposed to have a stacked team with our QB on his rookie contract?

usually the hope is you've drafted really well because you've had high picks from being so bad to be in the position to get your stud QB. but apparently for us, when one of those high picks finally plays like a beast, we decide... eh... we'd like older, more injury prone and slower and cheaper, thank you!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For me it would be Schwartz or Kyle Long.

What is interesting and frustrating is that I was messaging jess root on twitter regarding a comment he made about Kugler not liking to start rookies and it seems like a legit report. That would mean expecting a draft pick to be taken and make an immediate impact is less than likely.

I'm not sure how accurate that is. I'm just looking at Kugler's NFL career as an O line coach and drafted players.

2009 - Eric Wood - Started 10 games at C
2011 - Marcus Gilbert - Started 13 games at tackle
2012 - David Decastro - Was badly hurt in pre season. Started the final 3 games when recovered.
2012 - Mike Adams - Started 6 games and was benched for being garbage. Washed out in 4 years.

That's it. There was the odd 6th or 7th rounder but you wouldn't expect them to be starting.

It doesn't seem to me that Kugler has any problem with rookies starting.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trai Turners 2020 PFF grade was 34.8. That might be the lowest I've seen for a lineman.

Yes but allowed just a sack and 2 penalties
BTW I m agree, this rating is pretty embarrassing

Anyway I know he was bad, but in 6 seasons he has been 5th time pro bowler

I m not the one who gives too much importance on it but being 5th time pro bowler at 27 can't be ignored

If he comes here with the willing to give his best to bounce back and sign a 1 year prove it deal, I'm fine

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes but allowed just a sack and 2 penalties
BTW I m agree, this rating is pretty embarrassing

Anyway I know he was bad, but in 6 seasons he has been 5th time pro bowler

I m not the one who gives too much importance on it but being 5th time pro bowler at 27 can't be ignored

If he comes here with the willing to give his best to bounce back and sign a 1 year prove it deal, I'm fine

I'm not interested in Pro Bowls to be honest. It's a popularity contest, nothing to do with talent.

People just vote for names they recognize. I reckon you could get a Pro Bowl spot with a social media campaign and a catchy name, like Zebedee Orangutan.

Or if you can have a couple of decent years as a rookie as Trai Turner did (79 grade in year 2, 72 grade either side) you can ride that to a number of pro Bowls. This is called the Patrick Peterson phenomenon.

Outside his first 3 years he's been a 60's guy then trash last year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not interested in Pro Bowls to be honest. It's a popularity contest, nothing to do with talent.

People just vote for names they recognize. I reckon you could get a Pro Bowl spot with a social media campaign and a catchy name, like Zebedee Orangutan.
What name he has, wasn't a top pick
He played for a small franchise