Free Agency Rumors

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t understanding the pursuit of Henry, but I’m chuckling at all the posts applauding us losing out on top players we pursued for cost savings. I hope Cap Savings can score touchdowns or has a high run blocking grade!

Keim just signed Cap Savings to a three-year deal.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The good news is we only need a RB1/WR2/TE/OT/OG/OC/DE/CB1/CB2/S/K.

In Keim we trust!
We currently have holes at

RB2
TE2
WR2
C
ILB3
CB
CB3
K

These are upgrade-able areas but we have ok bodies at them.
RT (kind of. Ha to be a top tier to keep from starting Jones)
RG (Again, top tier only)
OLB (depending on Kennard)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
i would be over the moon if that happens. Not because I think Reddick is the end all, be all, but because his addition to the what we currently have could make that pass rush go from hopefully to good to downright dominant.
It sees like teams have been snatching up guys who fit a different physical profile. Still a lot of money out there however. I feel like he is similar to Brandon Graham in that he is not a full time, system-fit guy but can rush the passer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
U have to draft well and then giving these contracts to the great players we have (baker, Humphries) not overpaying just slightly above average players like elite
But in the absence of drafting well you have to fall back on trades and free agency. You can’t just say “we drafted poorly, oh well.” And the problem with trades is that (a) someone has to want to deal a player you want, and (b) you have to give up something of value. So you’re left with free agency as the best solution. But keim fails at that too. He fails at the two primary team building resources: drafting and free agency.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

RB2
TE2
WR2
C
ILB3
CB
CB3
K

And C and WR 2 were right there for the taking. Other than that, those are filler positions, except CB. That's why not getting Linsley is so disappointing.
But, hey, we got Andy Lee back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i would be over the moon if that happens. Not because I think Reddick is the end all, be all, but because his addition to the what we currently have could make that pass rush go from hopefully to good to downright dominant.
Agreed. With that group he doesn’t have to get 12.5 sacks - but I’d bet he contributes to sacks by others and continues to get a high number of TFLs.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. With that group he doesn’t have to get 12.5 sacks - but I’d bet he contributes to sacks by others and continues to get a high number of TFLs.

Yes adding him can change the look of our front seven, nobody has his skillset, hope some young guys step up
Lawrence Fotu Allen

Dennard has to go in that case

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We don't need a DE or S.

I don't really think we need a OG either, but it would be nice to upgrade.

Need? We could use at least 1 other OLB or DE, esp if Kennard is cut. At OG, we have one ok player, and a bunch of question marks. We have a desperate need to improve the interior of the OL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

RB2
TE2
WR2
C
ILB3
CB
CB3
K

RB2 is set...Please don't say Edmonds is RB1 going forward.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need? We could use at least 1 other OLB or DE, esp if Kennard is cut. At OG, we have one ok player, and a bunch of question marks. We have a desperate need to improve the interior of the OL.

Justin Murray and Pugh are not question marks they are avg level guards. Plus we have Josh Jones. Between Jones and Murray we have one that can play RT as well.

I expect we will resign Beachum, and if we do, we have the same line we had last year which was near middle of the pack.

I know people want our line to be improved, and at center it needs to be, but it is not the disaster many in here make it out to be.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Overall it's interesting. It's still early, and more guys will get cut, but man does it seem like Keim is holding onto MB's money a bit tight.

To me, it just seems like he's going against the theory, one he even espoused. That when you have a QB on a rookie deal, you make use of the cap and go for it. He even said you do things you normally wouldn't do. Well... we're waiting gif

Well, for a rookie QB, that's year 3 and 4 of their deal. That means this year or next year. Overextending a bit more than you would normally not. Because that's your window. Well, so far he's passed.

So saying you're going to do that, and then not, just seems like bad planning and/or execution or something worse.

Ultimately I'll wait to see how it all plays out, but the early returns look horrible.

I'd rather overpay for a top-flight guy, than overpay on two 3rd tier guys. For every Lindsley you might overpay, we can still end up screwing up and overpaying for (insert almost any Keim OL signing).

I have no doubt he can get bargains later on, but that's not supposed to be the big plan this year or next. These are the years you make a splash, because if you don't now, you never will. If his plan is to just re-sign our guys and get an extra middish tier guy this year and next then he otherwise would, ugh... what a waste of a rookie QB contract.

We made moves and even set watt's contract up to give us the ability to do more. It just reminds me of that year we shifted someone (can't remember who) contract to create space this year... and didn't spend it.

He's still can salavage a decent offseason, but the top center and a good blocking TE that can stretch the field (can be in on run or pass thus doesn't tip our play) is gone, and we could have used either one imo immensely.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And C and WR 2 were right there for the taking. Other than that, those are filler positions, except CB. That's why not getting Linsley is so disappointing.
But, hey, we got Andy Lee back.
I agree on Linsley. It was a rare occurrence where the best FA at the position was also really good and fit a huge need for us. Every other option either seems only marginally better than what we have or a one year stop gap.

WR is still open for business.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Overall it's interesting. It's still early, and more guys will get cut, but man does it seem like Keim is holding onto MB's money a bit tight.

To me, it just seems like he's going against the theory, one he even espoused. That when you have a QB on a rookie deal, you make use of the cap and go for it. He even said you do things you normally wouldn't do. Well... we're waiting gif

Well, for a rookie QB, that's year 3 and 4 of their deal. That means this year or next year. Overextending a bit more than you would normally not. Because that's your window. Well, so far he's passed.

So saying you're going to do that, and then not, just seems like bad planning and/or execution or something worse.

Ultimately I'll wait to see how it all plays out, but the early returns look horrible.

I'd rather overpay for a top-flight guy, than overpay on two 3rd tier guys. For every Lindsley you might overpay, we can still end up screwing up and overpaying for (insert almost any Keim OL signing).

I have no doubt he can get bargains later on, but that's not supposed to be the big plan this year or next. These are the years you make a splash, because if you don't now, you never will. If his plan is to just re-sign our guys and get an extra middish tier guy this year and next then he otherwise would, ugh... what a waste of a rookie QB contract.

We made moves and even set watt's contract up to give us the ability to do more. It just reminds me of that year we shifted someone (can't remember who) contract to create space this year... and didn't spend it.

He's still can salavage a decent offseason, but the top center and a good blocking TE that can stretch the field (can be in on run or pass thus doesn't tip our play) is gone, and we could have used either one imo immensely.
May be MB told Keim he is not spending money and leave this team unmanageable in 2022. Cardinals look and feel like Patricia 2020 Lions. Get to playoffs with what you have is the message it appears.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Justin Murray and Pugh are not question marks they are avg level guards. Plus we have Josh Jones. Between Jones and Murray we have one that can play RT as well.

I expect we will resign Beachum, and if we do, we have the same line we had last year which was near middle of the pack.

I know people want our line to be improved, and at center it needs to be, but it is not the disaster many in here make it out to be.
Murray is sub-par at best at RG.

We don’t know what Josh Jones is at RT.

Murray was garbage at RT.

Beachum is sub-par at best as well.

Man, it’s scary how you continue to downplay how important OLine is.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey, don’t forget Marcus Gilbert . He is a lock at one hospital bed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murray is sub-par at best at RG.

We don’t know what Josh Jones is at RT.

Murray was garbage at RT.

Beachum is sub-par at best as well.

Man, it’s scary how you continue to downplay how important OLine is.
I think the tough part is identifying the gap between Murray and Trai Turner.

The gap between Josh Jones and Beachum/Massie.

Honestly, the gap between Cole/Gaillard and Ted Karras.

I know Mitchell Schwartz is good, but the first injury of his career is his back at 32. Alex Mack is better than Cole/Gaillard but also 36 so...not long term.

The next best RG is probably a debate between Trai Turner and Germain Ifedi.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson