Free Agency Rumors

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is similar to Zane. They want him back but don't want to pay the tender minimum and will give him a chance to see if someone will let him play WR.

I hope he comes back. I'm a big fan.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Interesting, I thought he was a solid special teamer and wouldn't have cost much to tender.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting, I thought he was a solid special teamer and wouldn't have cost much to tender.

The absolute minimum RFA tender is $2.1m.

Thats why so many teams don't tender guys like Gonzalez or Sherfield.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's your thought in the case we add JuJu
Will u be upset, isn't complementary to Hopkins
Not fast enough?

I think Hopkins Juju Kirk can be similar to what we had years a go with Fitzgerald Boldin Breaston

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Then you realize AJ had nothing resembling a pass rush(in a division dominated with WR1s)while Peterson was blessed with a good one in front of him.

Even more the reason to trust a rookie before a has been.
A division dominated with WR1s? Michael Thomas played in both games against ATL, but was hobbled all year, only started 5 games, and Taysom freaking Hill embarrassed the Falcons secondary. Brees didn't play in either game.

Then there's the Panthers, and aren't they actively trying to replace Teddy Bridgewater? No one is scared of him, that's for sure. At that, one of the two Falcons games was actually one of Terrell's better performances, and Teddy threw for only 179 yards.

I'll give you the Buccaneers, but outside of the Bucs, all of the teams in our division threw for more yards than the remainder of the NFC South.

The kicker to it all is, PFF rates our pass rush at 21st to Atlanta's 16th, so even that's a non-starter.

Terrell, and anyone we draft, may develop to have a fine career. But in the short term, a rookie is going to take some hard knocks. We're running out of time to price control with Kyler, and I'm taking the savvy veteran who has lost a step over the young guy who is bound to make mental errors (or simply be garbage because he hasn't played a snap in the NFL, and in some 1st round cases this year, in football for nearly two years).

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We have our #1/franchise WR - it's time to find a legit #2 through the draft and another depth WR/returner.

We don't have the luxury of paying 2 #1 WR's (probably not a great idea anyway).

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I don't know how he played last season but I remember him being one of the best guards since his rookie season
Agree, I would go after trai turner, would be a big addition to the oline. Also I would resign peterson, he's the best cb available and we have 2 more years of a cheap qb contract. Jones, watt, peterson, fitz, let's ride it out.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We have our #1/franchise WR - it's time to find a legit #2 through the draft and another depth WR/returner.

We don't have the luxury of paying 2 #1 WR's (probably not a great idea anyway).

We absolutely have to find our WR2 in FA, because in no way, shape, or form will Keim find us an adequate one in the draft. It isn't in his wheelhouse.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Juju would be legit 2...he just needs to come to grips with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A division dominated with WR1s? Michael Thomas played in both games against ATL, but was hobbled all year, only started 5 games, and Taysom freaking Hill embarrassed the Falcons secondary. Brees didn't play in either game.

Then there's the Panthers, and aren't they actively trying to replace Teddy Bridgewater? No one is scared of him, that's for sure. At that, one of the two Falcons games was actually one of Terrell's better performances, and Teddy threw for only 179 yards.

I'll give you the Buccaneers, but outside of the Bucs, all of the teams in our division threw for more yards than the remainder of the NFC South.

The kicker to it all is, PFF rates our pass rush at 21st to Atlanta's 16th, so even that's a non-starter.

Terrell, and anyone we draft, may develop to have a fine career. But in the short term, a rookie is going to take some hard knocks. We're running out of time to price control with Kyler, and I'm taking the savvy veteran who has lost a step over the young guy who is bound to make mental errors (or simply be garbage because he hasn't played a snap in the NFL, and in some 1st round cases this year, in football for nearly two years).
Really didn’t disprove my point. Carolina has a good group of WRs as well.

Sacks without context aren’t everything, but I refuse to believe what PFF is selling when we had 19 more sacks than Atlanta did. Please.

Give me the rookie that’ll be hungry & ready to compete over the washed up CB that has lost a lot of steps who I know we won’t miss. I bet WRs around the division are hoping he stays in the division.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What's your thought in the case we add JuJu
Will u be upset, isn't complementary to Hopkins
Not fast enough?

I think Hopkins Juju Kirk can be similar to what we had years a go with Fitzgerald Boldin Breaston

If they can get creative with his contract I’d be for it. Some stipulation like he can’t release more Tik Tok videos than TD receptions scored per year or something.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sacks without context aren’t everything, but I refuse to believe what PFF is selling when we had 19 more sacks than Atlanta did. Please.

Give me the rookie that’ll be hungry & ready to compete over the washed up CB that has lost a lot of steps who I know we won’t miss. I bet WRs around the division are hoping he stays in the division.
As soon as he get a new team u have to change the avatar
Still wondering who is your next target:cool:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We absolutely have to find our WR2 in FA, because in no way, shape, or form will Keim find us an adequate one in the draft. It isn't in his wheelhouse.

Come on man! Haven’t you heard it’s Larry Fitzgerald for $11 million a year…

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Let's put it this way, aside from William Jackson, I'm about as excited for the CBs in this free agent class as I am finding chewed up gum on the underside of a table, but I'd rather have some experience at the #1 CB slot. If this team is trotting out Caleb Farley and Robert Alford come week one, we're not contending for anything.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's put it this way, aside from William Jackson, I'm about as excited for the CBs in this free agent class as I am finding chewed up gum on the underside of a table, but I'd rather have some experience at the #1 CB slot. If this team is trotting out Caleb Farley and Robert Alford come week one, we're not contending for anything.
Wouldn’t be contenting with Patrick Peterson and Robert Alford(or some other CB2) either. Probably makes us worse if anything.

Is Peterson legit paying you?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes please. He wasn't great last year but that defense was all over the place.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be contenting with Patrick Peterson and Robert Alford(or some other CB2) either. Probably makes us worse if anything.

Is Peterson legit paying you?
I don't know, did Peterson hit a family member with his car or something? You're acting like the guy doesn't even belong in the league, when he'll easily be a serviceable starter for someone next season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy is a full year older than Patrick Peterson.

so... some people don’t age is badly and he probably didn’t ever need performance-enhancing drugs to make him play at a decent level...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I guess we'll see. I'd put money down that Peterson outplays any rookie not named Patrick Surtain, and I bet at the end of the day, he'll end up coming in decently cheap for someone, whether that's us or not.

I'd personally rather keep him than sign another 30+ year old CB or a guy on his 3rd or 4th team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we'll see. I'd put money down that Peterson outplays any rookie not named Patrick Surtain, and I bet at the end of the day, he'll end up coming in decently cheap for someone, whether that's us or not.

I'd personally rather keep him than sign another 30+ year old CB or a guy on his 3rd or 4th team.

Hayward was on 11m before being released. I'm sure we could sign him for 7-8m considering the market.

We all know P2 will be asking for 16m.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hayward was on 11m before being released. I'm sure we could sign him for 7-8m considering the market.

We all know P2 will be asking for 16m.

Beside Ramsey who is the best cornerback in the nfl, a couple of guys played pretty well against us
Jason Verret, who almost neutralize Hopkins( having his worst game of the season)in week 16
Then Ankhello Weatherspoon on kirk
Both are free agents, younger and cheaper

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave