Free Agency 2020

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
An interesting name I saw as a potential target who could come cheap on Valley of the Suns site, Christian Wood had an impressive end to the season in 13 games after Andre Drummond trade for DET. We all should remember Wood for the impressive game he had against UA and DeAndre Ayton for UNLV.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Report: Cleveland says it wants to re-sign Tristan Thompson this offseason
Multiple sources tell cleveland.com the Cavs want Thompson to stay. The front office discussed an extension with his camp earlier this season. While those talks quickly broke down and the Cavs eventually traded for two-time All-Star center Andre Drummond, the Cavs plan to at least try to re-sign Thompson this offseason — even if it’s a one-year, mutually-beneficial deal that allows him to hit free agency in the summer of 2021, where more teams will have cap space and the impact of COVID-19 may soften.
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-cleveland-says-wants-sign-130040222.html

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New player option dates for players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sure there was a thread on this but I cannot find it.

Who goes? Who stays? Who should we go after? The Suns might be in their best position ever to attract a high level FA as far as roster construction goes.

Cheese thinks we need to add a Rasheed Wallace type of player. I certainly can see that. Any thoughts?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who are the top fa this yr and do suns have any cap? After 8 0 bubble sure that lure some fa to play with booker and with monty as coach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Clarkson is a top free agent the Suns might want to pursue.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

The only potential difference makers at our primary position of need (starting 4/5, depending on where Ayton plays) are Anthony Davis (who is guaranteed to stay with the Lakers), Montrezl Harrell (who is guaranteed to stay with the clippers), Derrick Favors and Hassan Whiteside, with Serge Ibaka (who is all but guaranteed to stay with the Raptors, anyway) and Paul Millsap as potential 1-2 year stop-gaps.

A trade for a starting power forward is more likely than signing one as a free agent, in my opinion. I can't help but think that Aaron Gordon will be a Phoenix Sun in the next few months...

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
The only potential difference makers at our primary position of need (starting 4/5, depending on where Ayton plays) are Anthony Davis (who is guaranteed to stay with the Lakers), Montrezl Harrell (who is guaranteed to stay with the clippers), Derrick Favors and Hassan Whiteside, with Serge Ibaka (who is all but guaranteed to stay with the Raptors, anyway) and Paul Millsap as potential 1-2 year stop-gaps.

A trade for a starting power forward is more likely than signing one as a free agent, in my opinion. I can't help but think that Aaron Gordon will be a Phoenix Sun in the next few months...
I don't know if I trust Gordon to stay healthy. I can see that trade happening and his value should be lower after this last injury but I have a feeling they will just end up drafting someone and saving money for next year since this free agency isn't going to be anything special

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some players that could play the power forward position:

Danilo Gallinari
Dario Saric (RFA)
Derick Favors
Christian Wood
Jerami Grant (player option)
Mason Plumlee
Skal Labissiere
Paul Millsap
Bobby Portis (team option)
Montrezl Harrell

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors are a smart organization. They will have money to spend but they may not be able to keep everyone.

Here are some names: Fred VanVleet, Serge Ibaka, Chris Boucher, and Marc Gasol.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here are some players that could play the power forward position:

Danilo Gallinari
Dario Saric (RFA)
Derick Favors
Christian Wood
Jerami Grant (player option)
Mason Plumlee
Skal Labissiere
Paul Millsap
Bobby Portis (team option)
Montrezl Harrell

We already know that Saric isn't a legitimate NBA starter, and the only players on that list who are better than Saric and who might be an improvement over Oubre or Bridges starting out of position at power forward are Favors, Millsap, Harrell and MAYBE Gallinari. Knicks will pick up the team option on Portis.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gallo would be ideal.

Can't defend (0.1 blocks per game) or rebound (5.3 per game in an up year with 4.9 career average) and isn't athletic. Would make our primary weaknesses (interior defense, rebounding, athleticism and toughness) even weaker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton needs to someone big and tough to practice against at center. He has trouble shooting over taller players.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard