Free Agency 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the Suns it is more fishing and less hunting. We have the 9.7 MLE and that is it for the upper players. We just kind of have to throw it out there and hope someone takes it. We have no real way to sweeten it.

It looks like the Suns still can't attract top free agents.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Official now... more than we could of offered.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For the Suns it is more fishing and less hunting. We have the 9.7 MLE and that is it for the upper players. We just kind of have to throw it out there and hope someone takes it. We have no real way to sweeten it.

We can give more years and add a PO. Credibly offer starter minutes.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you’re upset we didn’t spend money we don’t have on Bertans and Gallo, the only two guys that fit what we want to do?

Well we apparently never had a real shot at Bertans if he resigned with Washington.

Spending $20 million on Gallo at this point would not be wise either even if we could have made the cap room.

It does kind of make sense now why we decided to not renounce baynes now, very clear top free agents were all priced out of our range even with 18 mil.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I thought Paul was supposed to be bringing players here with him. Once again, we fall victim to the "other shoe" speculation. The Paul trade is looking worse and worse...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Official now

Got a feeling suns never even made an offer to him.

There has to be something wrong with that guy going to a new team every year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you’re upset we didn’t spend money we don’t have on Bertans and Gallo, the only two guys that fit what we want to do?

this whole time we have been hearing guys are going to sign for less money because teams aren’t going to be throwing money around this year due to all the money loss

But nooooope,

I’m not mad go get paid but this is the last time I listen to certain guys

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
this whole time we have been hearing guys are going to sign for less money because teams aren’t going to be throwing money around this year due to all the money loss

But nooooope,

I’m not mad go get paid but this is the last time I listen to certain guys

“less money” meaning like maybe $1 or $2mm AAV not 5/6AAV

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He is better than anyone we have at PF...by a long shot...

Don’t want his toxic ass here. Also, he negates a lot of Ayton’s massive rim running value. And he sucks at defense. Would rather have Dario/Jalen tbh.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Official now... more than we could of offered.
Are they not operating over the cap? How could they offer that deal if they are?

Nevermind, it's a sign and trade.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Paul was supposed to be bringing players here with him. Once again, we fall victim to the "other shoe" speculation. The Paul trade is looking worse and worse...

well if we lose Rubio, Oubre, Baynes maybe Saric and only add a 35 year old often injured Chris Paul that’s not good. We have no depth

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Who? Who has signed (other than Harrell) that the Suns could of and should of signed... who?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
well if we lose Rubio, Oubre, Baynes maybe Saric and only add a 35 year old often injured Chris Paul that’s not good. We have no depth

Saric definitely coming back.

Paul played ~same number of games as Booker last three years #factCheck.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don’t want his toxic ass here. Also, he negates a lot of Ayton’s massive rim running value. And he sucks at defense. Would rather have Dario/Jalen tbh.

Harrell is a phenomenal defender. If you want an example of someone who sucks at defense at the 4, look no further than Saric. The only two worse defenders at the 4 in the NBA are Carmelo and Kaminsky.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose