Free Agency 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns might want to wait after the first surge of free agent signings and see who is left.

I heard rumors the Knicks want Gordon Hayward.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly guys. I am going to say this once, get it out of my system, and then not say it again. I am bracing myself for the most disappointing Suns year ever. It starts with CP3. I am expecting his age and injury propensity that comes with it to show. Once he is out, the team falls apart. By the end of the year Book is asking for a trade and we are moving to full rebuilding mode after all our eggs go into the CP3 basket.

OK. Now its out. Everyone move along and I will be fine.

I’m one of the biggest CP3 proponents, but him suddenly getting old and/or seriously injured is definitely a possibility. I just happen to think it’s more likely he plays well and enough to get us into the playoffs than we were sitting pat.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns might want to wait after the first surge of free agent signings and see who is left.

I heard rumors the Knicks want Gordon Hayward.

If there is someone we want to convince to come here for the MLE (Serge Ibaka, perhaps?), we should be in his ear from the very beginning, though, making our pitch, and have Plan B and Plan C as back-ups.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it possible to sign someone to the MLE than immediately use them in a sign and trade?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it possible to sign someone to the MLE than immediately use them in a sign and trade?

No. Normally December would be the earliest during a normal season. I'm not sure about this season. Think about Ariza. We had to wait to trade him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is someone we want to convince to come here for the MLE (Serge Ibaka, perhaps?), we should be in his ear from the very beginning, though, making our pitch, and have Plan B and Plan C as back-ups.

Certainly the Suns should talk to the agents of the players willing to come here if they don't get the deal they want.

I'm always amazed how many good players fall through the cracks when teams with money spend their wad of cash.

Years back I think Harrell was one of those players.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DJ Augustin would be an ideal target.

I like Payne, but Augustin is an upgrade and a much bigger certainty. Would provide some CP3 insurance as well, as he would likely be capable of starting for a few weeks and holding down the fort if necessary.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raul Neto should be a reasonable target.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Payne, but Augustin is an upgrade and a much bigger certainty. Would provide some CP3 insurance as well, as he would likely be capable of starting for a few weeks and holding down the fort if necessary.

I agree. It's too bad we don't have more money for Christmas shopping.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He torched us in the Bubble, but I believe that was a career game for him.

He always seems to play well against the Suns. That's why he always comes to mind.

He is not flashy but solid.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked De'Anthony Melton when he was here but I think Jevon Carter fills that role and he is a better shooter.

I'm still liking Trey Burke but James Jones doesn't hear me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard