Fred Carter ESPN Chat

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirStefan32
Why would Howard be Amare's back up?
Why can't they both start? Most teams play without a real center anyways. Juwan makes those jump shots that Jakes can't, may I add.
Both Howard and Stoudemire are natural PF's.
Of course if Dan Majerle can play PF and Bo Outlaw can play C then everyone can play at almost every position but I don't think that a 6'9 PF as our future C is a good solution.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Why can't they both start? Most teams play without a real center anyways. Juwan makes those jump shots that Jakes can't, may I add.

Right, exactly. Howard would see most of his time at center, except when the Suns go up against someone like the Lakers. Most of us are starting to feel like Tsakalidis isn't really starter material anyway. I'd sure rather have Howard at center than Williams, Outlaw, or Gugliotta. His ability to spread the defense would be a huge asset. And he could also back up Stoudemire at PF, depending on the circumstances.

Both Howard and Stoudemire are natural PF's.

That may be true, but Howard is listed at 260, which is a lot heavier than most PFs and plenty of Cs. If you're trying to defend the post, I'd guess that weight is at least as important as height.

I think we all agree that the Suns could use some help at center. Since a perfect solution is unlikely to present itself, they should probably pursue some imperfect solutions. It's hard to know what is or is not realistic, but there are a lot of possibilities out there.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Bring back Dan Santiago(Spelling) he was nice 7fter with an out side shot. Just kiding.. So since we are not going to talk about this season on the board what do you think are unis should look like next year.

PS. That was a bad joke. Lets talk about this seasons stuff and come mid playoff time talk about free agents, trades, draft the good stuff..... :thumbup:
Go SUNS :wave:

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
All this talk about Howard is probably irrelevant. If you believe what both Kiki & Howard say, Denver wants him and he wants Denver...... but then maybe money might have a say in the matter:D

I would be surprised if he leaves Denver.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I agree Wally, but I think that everylne realizes that anyways. I think this was more of a speculation than anything else. It's fun to think about Marbury/ Hardaway/ Marion/ Stoudemire/ Howard lineup.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wally
All this talk about Howard is probably irrelevant. If you believe what both Kiki & Howard say, Denver wants him and he wants Denver...... but then maybe money might have a say in the matter:D

I would be surprised if he leaves Denver.

I would be surprised if he would stay in DEN.

Howard said something like that:
"I got traded from a contender team to DEN one and a half years ago and I had to play here.
Maybe this was some trial from the God."

Howard has a lot of money but he didn't won anything yet, moreover he was only twice (I'm not sure) in the play-off (once with WAS in 96/97 and they were swapped as 8th seed,once with DAL and UTA beated them 3-2 in the 1st round).
So I'm pretty sure that he will sign to a play-off team probably to a contender team.

Plus I don't really see why does the rebuilding DEN need him with Tskitisvili,Hilario and Camby on the roster especially if they get Milicic.
I think that DEN will spend their cap space on young players.
They will have about 17 wins this year, they can't lose more so they don't risk anything if they let Howard to go.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think the Lakers are going to go after him this summer. He is three times better than everything they have on power forward position combined. Nonetheless, I think some other teams might have a shot. However, if he really want a championship, LA is the place to get it.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
I agree Wally, but I think that everylne realizes that anyways. I think this was more of a speculation than anything else. It's fun to think about Marbury/ Hardaway/ Marion/ Stoudemire/ Howard lineup.

Just to throw a curve into the pic, what makes you think Howard would get any more PT than little jake, BIG JAKE or Williams?

Perhaps if we had Howard, and not ones we have we would be speculating in reverse. :D

I think that if JAKE is healthy and gets in shape, he would be my pick as the starter for the Suns. He really doesn't need to be an offensive force but if he is cloging the lane, bolcking shots and tipping the ball to his teamates, we will be a tough team to beat (assuming he actually gets the PT):D :D

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Juwan Howard is pretty damn good player still and of course he would be a very good addition as he proved his character in Denver.

I don't think Penny will start a whole lot of games for the Phoenix Suns anymore. First of all he will have to beat out Joe Johnson for his starting spot, who is playing pretty well and second of all I expect Joe Johnson to be one of the most improved players next season.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wally, Howard is twice as good as everything the Suns have on 5 combined. He would get more playing time because he is not really a center. C's are obsessed with playing without a center, and they would be happy to play with two PF.

Slin, Way to slam Penny Hardaway again! If he averaged 25 points, 12 assists and 7 rebound, you'd still find a way to bash him.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Wally, He would get more playing time because he is not really a center. C's are obsessed with playing without a center, and they would be happy to play with two PF.

Unfortunately, this seems as if it's the truth...... but I still say Howard stays in Denver. I just returned from Denver today and wished I had brought the Denver Post / Rocky Mountain News with me - They had about 3/4 page devoted to the subject and Howard likes the idea of teaching the young guys - he also likes the Denver area. I couldn't find the article on their Internet site.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Wally, Howard is twice as good as everything the Suns have on 5 combined. He would get more playing time because he is not really a center. C's are obsessed with playing without a center, and they would be happy to play with two PF.

Slin, Way to slam Penny Hardaway again! If he averaged 25 points, 12 assists and 7 rebound, you'd still find a way to bash him.

I didn't even bash Penny... but Joe Johnson is playing better right now and has the brighter future.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA