Frank Gore's mother passes

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Gore's mother, Liz, passes away

Our deepest condolences go out to Frank Gore, whose mother, Liz, passed away yesterday. Liz has been battling kidney disease. She has been on dialysis since Gore was a junior in high school.
Gore was at the 49ers' practice facility this morning, but he left to spend time with some family members who were visiting him. Liz passed away yesterday at around 5 p.m., Pacific time, 49ers coach Mike Nolan said.
"He's in town at his place," Nolan said. "He has some family with him who were here prior to finding out about his mother's passing."
Gore was extremely close to his mother, who raised three kids as a single mother in the rough Coconut Grove section of Miami.
Gore was enrolled in special-education classes in English and math during his first two years at Coral Gables High because of a learning disability, affecting his comprehension of written material. His mother fought for him to be included in regular classes, so he could qualify for college. Gore spent countless hours in night school and summer classes the next two years. He remained at home to play college ball at the University of Miami to be remain near his mother.
"Frank saw his mom a couple weeks ago," Nolan said. "It was important that he saw her at that time. He felt if he didn't get a chance to see his mother before the season that he may not get a chance to see her again.
"I think that Frank feels that his mother would want him to do his job. Frank knows that. I think that's where he'll put his attention when it comes to Sunday's game. I'm sure it's hard for him to get focused with what happened."
Gore plans to play Sunday in St. Louis. Then, he is expected to travel to Miami for his mother's memorial service.
Cards and letters can be sent to Gore c/o the 49ers Public Relations Dept., 4949 Centennial Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA 95054.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=676157

RIP, Liz.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP and condolences to Frank Gore and family.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard