Four Peaks

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Below, throwing in some photos and comments on the trail from previous threads. Wanted to start this just to say I will be lighting mortars on top of four peaks sometime soon at night. Been dying to do this and my buddy has some. Gonna be awesome.

i didnt camp, but i went up top of four peaks sunday
img_20170219_140802-pano-jpg.24698

img_20170219_113018-pano-jpg.24699

El Oso road apparently:

https://goo.gl/maps/6wSiaT8WHJp

That trail goes a ways and I found some cool spots while I was on it. I only drove it a mile or two as it was sleeting on us and we were driving proper rigs for that kind of weather. The snow photo I posted is a cool campsite I found up there that likely has amazing views, I couldn't tell because of the dense fog.

Dude! What the heck are you driving back there?!?

I have my F150 and its a good thing its 4wd. Went in yeaterday and by the time I realized it was a bad idea (shortly after Sycamore Creek crosses the road on the map) it was too late. There was nowhere to turn around. Spent the rest of the day crawling through the rocks and swells and shortly before I reached the turnoff I came to a spot that I couldnt pass....fortunatety there was a spot where I was able to turn around but I had to camp in the middle of the road and head out this morning.

To say Mother Nature kicked my butt would be an understatement.

But then I always say bad trips make the best stories.

Soooo much went wrong that even after I got out of that mess I just came home.
You must be registered for see images

Tuis post was sent from mu smartphine so please excuwe any typos or gramatical errors

So did I...any of this look familiar?

IIRC there is an awesome spot right before the red line I drew in. I would have stopped there on my way out and stayed another night but someone was there. I agree about the views. Snow capped mountain and Roosevelt Lake were both visible along the drive.

Tuis post was sent from mu smartphine so please excuwe any typos or gramatical errors

Lol. On my way back out there were a couple guys with Polaris' that looked at me like I was insane for taking my truck back there.

I almost stopped (where I should have stopped on the map) at this cave. There was just enough room across the road for me to camp. Didn't go in because it was flooded.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
El Oso ain't bad unless you follow it to the Mazatzal divide. That area is my off-roading nemesis! Only bad things happen to me in that area. Sound like Hollywood and I have had the same experience in that area.

Keep following the trail where Hollywood camped and that's no place for large vehicle. Especially not solo. I'll dig up some photos of the area.

The rest of Four Peaks is great and some nice off shoots for exploring.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
El Oso ain't bad unless you follow it to the Mazatzal divide. That area is my off-roading nemesis! Only bad things happen to me in that area. Sound like Hollywood and I have had the same experience in that area.

Keep following the trail where Hollywood camped and that's no place for large vehicle. Especially not solo. I'll dig up some photos of the area.

I cant wait to get back up there and check out more trails. There is so little traffic up there whenever I go that I dont like to do it alone so will need to find a good time and get some other people to go in case something breaks.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

For sure. I plan on going back up there at the end of the month.